Translation From Thai To English For Birth Certificate

lanky

I would like to know where in chiangmai is there a service or place that can translate a birth certificate from thai to english my child was born six weeks ago and want to legally get it recognized under my nationality that being australian, our child was born here in chiangmai and I am an australian born would be great if my child can get dual nationality

thanks

Edited by lanky

Ask your Consulate/Embassy about a list of their certified translators.

Not only the birth certificate need to be translated, but most probably the translation will need to be certified to be valid.

The translator stamps and signs the translated birth certificate. That is all that is needed.

Ask your Consulate/Embassy about a list of their certified translators.

Not only the birth certificate need to be translated, but most probably the translation will need to be certified to be valid.

The translator stamps and signs the translated birth certificate. That is all that is needed.

Most likely (possibly depending on your nationality, so best to check first-hand with your embassy) the translation needs to be certified by the Thai Ministry of Foreign affairs on Chaeng Wattana Rd. in Bangok. Some translation services offer to do this for you as well.

Ultimately though it matters none who translates it; all that matters is that you get it certified at the Thai MFA.

Most likely (possibly depending on your nationality, so best to check first-hand with your embassy) the translation needs to be certified by the Thai Ministry of Foreign affairs on Chaeng Wattana Rd. in Bangok. Some translation services offer to do this for you as well.

Ultimately though it matters none who translates it; all that matters is that you get it certified at the Thai MFA.

In my experience, this is necessary only for foreign documents translated into Thai for the purposes of some legal activity in Thailand, such as registering a marriage here. When I applied for my daughter's US Consular Report of Birth Abroad, Thai MFA certification was not required. The Star Visa stamp was sufficient. Of course, as Winnie suggests it's best to check directly with the Australian Consulate. If MFA certification is required, Star Visa can arrange that too.

Thai First Translation Service who were recommended on this forum gets my vote. The translator was a real professional and his stamp and signature were all that was needed by the USA Consulate for my child's birth certificate.

338/6 Thannon Charoen Phrathet, T. Chang Klan, A. Muang

053-270623

Khun Kittisak Changlor