British Comedy Series, Can't Remember The Name

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever heard of 'SPACED' only two series but the story can only work in two series! Written by and starring Jessica Stevenson and Simon Pegg. Also (not british but american-well canadian really-) 'TRAILER PARK BOYS'. It's a mockumentry and very very funny!! ALAN PARTRIDGE (dont know how many series), RED DWARF, STELLA STREET,RIPPING YARNS,(Another American one) 'MASH'. Can't think of any others for now!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

OK, now the inbetweeners movie is in the can. The inbetweeners is over, yes?

Well, not exactly!

Now there is inbetweeners USA version!

How does it compare in quality to the UK version?

So far it would say it compares very poorly.

New movie (second) being worked on now, saw something yesterday, the 4 main guys to get 2.5 million each for it

OK, now the inbetweeners movie is in the can. The inbetweeners is over, yes?

Well, not exactly!

Now there is inbetweeners USA version!

How does it compare in quality to the UK version?

So far it would say it compares very poorly.

New movie (second) being worked on now, saw something yesterday, the 4 main guys to get 2.5 million each for it

Really? That's great news and surprising. The casting in the U.S. version trying to copy the feel of the UK show is really horrible except for one character (copy of the Simon character). I would be surprised if it isn't a flop. Edited by Jingthing

Try find ''Harry Enfield'' stuff, takes the piss out of UK life. Brilliant stuff. thumbsup.gif

Especially the ''I am richer than you'' bits. thumbsup.gif Enjoy.

Yes, Harry Enfield is a very funny man. I think this will make you laugh Jingthing. An old fashioned father meets his son's boyfriend for the first time. Enjoy.

Try find ''Harry Enfield'' stuff, takes the piss out of UK life. Brilliant stuff. thumbsup.gif

Especially the ''I am richer than you'' bits. thumbsup.gif Enjoy.

Yes, Harry Enfield is a very funny man. I think this will make you laugh Jingthing. An old fashioned father meets his son's boyfriend for the first time. Enjoy.

Brilliant. laugh.png

• 3 weeks later...

The USA version of inbetweeners is getting better for me.

The earliest episodes seem really forced and the translations of the British script into the American didn't work so well, but of course that's coming from the perspective of someone who saw the British versions.

But now the show seems to be loosening up and it feels fresher, more original, more diversions from the British template.

So I am finding it good enough to watch.

The biggest weakness for me is that the actor Simon Bird was so strong in the British version and the copy actor Joey Pollari really doesn't resonate that way, and I think he is the core character of entire premise.

One surprise is how funny the school counselor Mr. Gilbert is, and his lines feel authentically American. His character I think might be influenced a bit by the Satanist school counselor in the Canadian cult tv classic: Todd and the Book of Pure Evil.

Amusingly, the US cast is planning to do a US version inbetweeners MOVIE as well!

Speaking of Todd. What a gem of a show that was:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1558128/

Edited by Jingthing

When it comes to British comedy, I like Shameless. So funny!

But if you wanna swift to British spy series, I highly recommend Spooks.

I've never seen the British version of Shameless, I've caught a few of the US episodes on True Series.

Quite enjoyable, but are the original Brit series better?

The programming schedules do bug me a bit. Because of repeats, programmes like this are on when children are about and I really don't think that this is suitable for kids to watch.

Edited by loong

• 2 weeks later...
Been going a while but i dont know if ur into peep show - Absolutly brilliant. Other current would be Gavin and Stacy, ive not followed the series, but it is very popular.

there is ricky Gervis's other series called Extra's. That was a couple of years ago. And although not really current 'the royal family' was a very good comedy. Hope these help, i prob can come up with more but would need time to think

Have been watching the current Gervais "talking" show with the animated talking heads. Thanks for the others.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108723/

Great news! Season 3 of the Inbetweeners has now begun. Episode 1 already shown. It starts with a bang. You surely will not want to miss the exposed ballock fashion show!

I am waiting for season 4 but I have no idea when that will be.

Edited by ianwuk

• 2 weeks later...

What is the name of the British comedy sitcom about a family. Its fairly recent I would assume, but I can't remember the name for the life of me. I found it pretty dam_n hilarious once when I was flipping through the channels, but I haven't been able to find it on True since then. I remember the episode very well; the mother/wife in the family really wants to adopt a dog but the lady in charge of making sure the dog goes to a good home is a real <deleted> and the family does everything it can to try to impress her when she comes to check on the households suitability as dog owners. She ends up in jail..but I can't remember why...

I know thats not much to go off of, but maybe someone will remember that episode...