Please Recommend Some Iranian/ Persian Resturants In Pattaya

Maccheroncini

Hi all, someone said that this is the place in Thailand to find some good Iranian restaurants.  I don't know much about Pattaya but I will travel from Chiangmai to Pattaya just for good Iranian food could some one please give me their names.  Thanks so much. 

There are many in the south side of town, say Soi 13 and higher. Can't miss them. A large middle eastern section of stores down that way. Not sure if I have ever been in one. I am greek and love Persian food, but typically don't have it much when on Holiday in Patters.

I've eaten at ALL of them! None are world class but most are quite OK. Most of my other experience of Iranian food has been in the US and none of them in Pattaya is as good as the ones I ate at there. That said, some are a little better than others.

My opinions --

The fancy one across from Central Pattaya beach, OK but no sumac on the table, and I won't go to a place with no sumac, sorry, not worth the premium price either.

Pars (in the Arabic area mentioned above, yes I know Iranians are not Arabs), the cheapest, the most casual, and the best in my view for kebabs. The stews such as gormeh sabzi, not so good.

The one across from Royal Garden (more or less) only tried a stew there, it was substandard, would rate the lowest

Name unknown, there is a chain of two, one is on a side soi between Royal Garden and Pattaya Klang between beach and 2nd, and the other is on 2nd on the right hand side a five minute walk north of Pattaya Klang, both stews and kebabs quite adequate, maybe the best overall if you want to have both stews and kebabs. It may be the best for stews in town.

There is at least one Iranian guest house restaurant. I found one one the same soi as Ole's German (South Pattaya, Soi Yensabai general neighborhood, hard to find if you aren't local), very interesting ambiance with drunken young Iranian bohemians with Thai girls in tow, food pretty good, not really worth the trip though

Another pick, and the best pan-Middle East restaurant in town, Shamy Taste Lebanese restaurant at the corner of Soi 17 and the Arabic area mentioned above. No Iranian food at Shamy though.

Edited by Jingthing

He means Central Pattaya Beach, the big luxury mall on 2nd road.

Where is the Lebanese restaurant located in Central F M please?

It's on the beach side with a view on a middle level floor. That's the best I can do. Haven't eaten there and probably won't as looking at their menu I really can't imagine they are going to be better than Shamy Taste. The mall place is rather upscale with costumed waiters, that turns me off, I am all about the food.

I just saw an Iranian restaurant full of Iranian-looking customers on Soi 12 between Beach and Second roads. Can't remember the name due to a touch of Alzheimer's. It's next to Great India Indian Restaurant (as if it might be Great India Mexican restaurant).

I just saw an Iranian restaurant full of Iranian-looking customers on Soi 12 between Beach and Second roads. Can't remember the name due to a touch of Alzheimer's. It's next to Great India Indian Restaurant (as if it might be Great India Mexican restaurant).

That's the one near Royal Garden, correct? If so, I mentioned that. Ate there once and found their food below par. I also disliked the sterile atmosphere. A crowd could mean a tour bus. To be fair, I had a stew dish, their kebabs may be better. It is much harder to get good Iranian stews here than kebabs.

It's kinda near Royal Garden. Didn't look like tour bus type customers, but I'll defer to your expertise seeing as how you've eaten there and I haven't.

Edited by Jimmyd