Red Stamp From Vientiane . .were To Next ?

Hi.. as iam red stamped . . ,and need to leave Thai 15 May..., and cant go to PP becuse Public holidays . . ,

So what about Malaysia Penang ?.., what does they say when i apply for a TR when they see the Red Stamp from Vientiane .,..

Any one try this ??..

Pls keep me updated !!

The PP embassy page on MFA website indicates 13/14 May are public holidays in Cambodia, but you could travel and apply for new visa before then. The only report I have seen of someone obtaining another tourist visa within the immediate region with the Vientiane red stamp was at PP. Since the end of last year Penang has become difficult again in issuing tourist visas, so personally would not take the chance there. Issue at other embassies/consulates may be a lottery as the outcome cannot be guaged. Believe PP is your best option, unless you travel to Perth and obtain multiple entry Non-O visa on basis of visiting friends - consulate will require signed copy of ID card/passport of Thai friend, plus suggest taking short note from friend requesting visa issue.

Just showing my ignorance here: what's a Vientiane red stamp?

To make short a long story, some people are abusing tourist visas (long stayer who do not want or can have another visa); so since some years thailand try to make things more difficult to those people.

My advice would be to have the proper documentation, and apply for the right kind of visa, such as Non B 3 month (still quite easy to obtain, as opposed to the Non-B 1 year ), or O (visiting friends, assuming the person do have friends here).

To make short a long story, some people are abusing tourist visas (long stayer who do not want or can have another visa); so since some years thailand try to make things more difficult to those people.

My advice would be to have the proper documentation, and apply for the right kind of visa, such as Non B 3 month (still quite easy to obtain, as opposed to the Non-B 1 year ), or O (visiting friends, assuming the person do have friends here).

i'm also not that informed about thai visas, so i'm curious...

can't the op just get a new passport from his/her embassy and apply for the visa again (or will they just restamp it again at immigration)?

also, isn't the word 'abuse' incorrect? is there a stated law prohibiting visitors from obtaining back to back visas? and if there is, then how can the law be abused? it's either legal or illegal, surely.

Every Consulate has the discretion to issue or not issue a visa based on there perception of the applicant and his intent. Every country in the world acts the same way. Those that use back to back for an extended period become suspect of working illegally and another visa can be refused. Immigration at the border can also reject an entry if they feel it is not for the purpose stated.

Every Consulate has the discretion to issue or not issue a visa based on there perception of the applicant and his intent. Every country in the world acts the same way. Those that use back to back for an extended period become suspect of working illegally and another visa can be refused. Immigration at the border can also reject an entry if they feel it is not for the purpose stated.

yes, i understand that but i'm still not convinced we can call this 'abuse'.

yes, i understand that but i'm still not convinced we can call this 'abuse'.

Doesn't matter what you call it, it's what they call it. Thailand is far from the only country in the world that takes a dim view of foreigners attempting to live in the country posing as a visitor.

can't the op just get a new passport from his/her embassy and apply for the visa again (or will they just restamp it again at immigration)?

also, isn't the word 'abuse' incorrect? is there a stated law prohibiting visitors from obtaining back to back visas? and if there is, then how can the law be abused? it's either legal or illegal, surely.

i think for make a new passport 1 =no more page left but you have to gave you old passport - 2 passport stolen or lost or dammage so if its not true its a serious offense verry serious and all information about you still on the computer

• 2 weeks later...

How many consecutive tourist visas are considered too many?

Is there a recent or long term history of redstamping in Vientiane?

In my case, I had a tourist visa plus extension, then 2 months out of the country, another tourist visa plus extension, and would like to get yet another tourist visa this week in Vientiane.

Is it not advisable to go to Vientiane for a tourist visa in this case?

Doesn't matter what you call it, it's what they call it. Thailand is far from the only country in the world that takes a dim view of foreigners attempting to live in the country posing as a visitor.

Well, despite what you think, or you think that Thailand thinks, Vientiane is pretty easy going about handing out back-to-back visas, and double entry ones at that.

Why don't you let them decide what is abuse and what isn't as they are the ones making the rules. I find people who incessently complain about other peoples' alleged abuse are extremely annoying on what should otherwise be useful information threads.

I can't understand why people who probably have long-stay visas are even bothering to comment on these threads. Has life in thailand become that boring for some.

hi there, i got a double entry from ventianne almost three months ago, and this is my third visa from there. and stupid of me i ddnt notice that i got a red stamp, i just notice it today. and tomorrow am going to ranong for my second entry. my question is, can i still get the 60 days. am a bit worried, does anyone had any experience doing the second entry with the red stamp? any info u can give me will be highly appreciated. thanks a lot.

OP - may I ask how many tourit visas you have had b4 that?

sorry to high jack this post but does anyone think i will have a problem going next week to laos for a double tourist visa based on the following:

I have had 1 single tourist visa from KL, after that I got a double TV from vientiane..however...

on this double visa I got extended after 2 months at immigration in thailand, however as this was my 1st double visa I made a mistake, went to burma a few days ago, and they could not activate my 2nd part of the TV....because stupidly I went on to burma on the 17th May, my extension stamp for thai immigration said permitted to stay till the 18th...however burma only gave me 2 weeks stay in thailand as my actual visa( the sticker) said I had to exit before the 15th... I know my own fault I looked at my stamp not my visa ..oops

so I know need a visa by the 31st and was gonna try laos again and do it right this time ! do you think I will have an issue?

Will not be a problem as long as not past the expiration date, the red stamp is only stating Ventianne may not issue you another visa next time.

hi beechguy, thank u so much for a quick reply, i called my visa runner as well and she said that theres no problem with that. thanks again, and have a great weekend

Absolutely no way you will get a visa in Penang after a red stamp in VNE unless perhaps you use the mafia Banana GH and are charged accordingly and pay bribe which foreigners seem so willing to do - and even then its not certain at all.

I was denied at the consulate - and Banana wanted RM150 for my visa. Theft, pure and simple.

hi there, i got a double entry from ventianne almost three months ago, and this is my third visa from there. and stupid of me i ddnt notice that i got a red stamp, i just notice it today. and tomorrow am going to ranong for my second entry. my question is, can i still get the 60 days. am a bit worried, does anyone had any experience doing the second entry with the red stamp? any info u can give me will be highly appreciated. thanks a lot.

The red stamp has nothing to do with the activation of another entry.

If your vaisa is still valid you will get another 60days.

However please crosscheck the ENTER BEFORE date on the visa itself.

Absolutely no way you will get a visa in Penang after a red stamp in VNE unless perhaps you use the mafia Banana GH and are charged accordingly and pay bribe which foreigners seem so willing to do - and even then its not certain at all.

I was denied at the consulate - and Banana wanted RM150 for my visa. Theft, pure and simple.

This is not correct. You can get a Tourist Visa in Penang, however they refuse you if any of your previous Tourist Visas had been extented.

Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

If I went to Penang without doing my homework (a bit of reading on this forum would have saved you the trouble), then I would gladly pay 1500 baht to get a visa rather than leaving empty handed. If you don't pay it, you've wasted your entire trip and travel costs to Penang and then you'll have to pay again to travel somewhere else where you would also likely fail and where there probably isn't anyone to pay a backhander to when you do.

With a red stamp you don't have too many options, do you? I would have called their offer a gift if I was in your situation. Right now the tourist visas are free anyway.

As far as I can see, you're pretty well f****d if you have a red warning stamp in your passport and it's time to get a new passport. Why would anyone think that a red warning stamp from one consulate meant nothing at another?

You just don't know a good thing when you see it, but thanks for the heads up. I'm sure there are more sensible people on here who will thank you for the info and contact Banana Guesthouse. Under your circumstances 1500 was not greedy at all.

Edited by tropo

Actually they think that because it has been the way it worked - warnings have only been viewed as such at the Consulate involved. Why should he pay for a fraudulently issued visa when he can likely go down the road to the Embassy and receive a visa without making an illegal payment?

Why should he pay for a fraudulently issued visa when he can likely go down the road to the Embassy and receive a visa without making an illegal payment?

I was replying to what Bangkokburning wrote: "Absolutely no way you will get a visa in Penang after a red stamp in VNE unless perhaps you use the mafia Banana GH and are charged accordingly and pay bribe which foreigners seem so willing to do - and even then its not certain at all."

Banana Guesthouse have been involved in the Thai visa business for a long while so I suspect they have contacts in the Consulate and I'm assuming from what was written that no one will be able to get another tourist visa with a red stamp from VNE. It's even getting difficult to get a tourist visa from Penang without a red stamp.

Would you return empty handed if you flew all the way to Penang rather than pay the paltry sum of 1500 baht just on principle? Cost wise that doesn't make any sense and a stand on principle wouldn't make one iota of difference anyway.

yet but Thailand is one of the few countries not having a sensible policy for foreigners attempting to live in the country and not pose as visitors. Some folks do not need to work here and are not yet 50 and yet in the average consulate/embassy are not able to obtain O's or B's.

Would you return empty handed if you flew all the way to Penang rather than pay the paltry sum of 1500 baht just on principle? Cost wise that doesn't make any sense and a stand on principle wouldn't make one iota of difference anyway.

My point was to go to KL (down the road to embassy) and legally obtain the visa. If they are really a tourist they should have the time available and it would be a touristic trip. Nobody should be paying extra money of any kind. But they should be reporting exactly what is going on to the Embassy (or MFA) so corrective action can be taken.

My point was to go to KL (down the road to embassy) and legally obtain the visa. If they are really a tourist they should have the time available and it would be a touristic trip. Nobody should be paying extra money of any kind. But they should be reporting exactly what is going on to the Embassy (or MFA) so corrective action can be taken.

People certainly differ. There's now way I'd be taking the time and spending the money to go somewhere else after I'd been offered a quick fix for only 1500. Reporting information in a feeble attempt to stamp out corruption would be like shooting myself in the foot.

Furthermore, there is no guarantee that the next Consulate down the road would issue a tourist visa after being red-stamped, so the trip could be a total waste of time and money anyway.

Edited by tropo

• 6 months later...

i think for make a new passport 1 =no more page left but you have to gave you old passport - 2 passport stolen or lost or dammage so if its not true its a serious offense verry serious and all information about you still on the computer

you expect thailand be good with computers ;) that is not the case with visas and the same as the website cencoring ....it is in reality not working!

this is not a first world country with the same legal system

• 1 year later...

Nothing to stress about. You just keep getting double entries, until they say no. Then you go for the 1 year ed visa if you under 50. If your over 50 you are going to need the minimum baht in the bank for the retirement visa.

Don't try to bother with single entries or border hopping. It's just not worth it.

The PP embassy page on MFA website indicates 13/14 May are public holidays in Cambodia, but you could travel and apply for new visa before then. The only report I have seen of someone obtaining another tourist visa within the immediate region with the Vientiane red stamp was at PP. Since the end of last year Penang has become difficult again in issuing tourist visas, so personally would not take the chance there. Issue at other embassies/consulates may be a lottery as the outcome cannot be guaged. Believe PP is your best option, unless you travel to Perth and obtain multiple entry Non-O visa on basis of visiting friends - consulate will require signed copy of ID card/passport of Thai friend, plus suggest taking short note from friend requesting visa issue.

Can you please tell me how you can get a Non O in Perth ????????? its closed!!!!!!!!!!!