Mailing Mobile Phone To Thailand

ShaunJon

Has anyone ever mail a mobile phone to Thailand? If you did, how long does it usually take for it to arrive at the destination (Bangkok)? I sent mine out couple of weeks ago from the U.S to my relative in Bangkok, and it hasn't arrived yet. Do you think the parcel post worker might have taken it?:o Thanks.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Packages from the US by regular post often take three weeks so there's still hope yet.

It will be liable for duty so chances are your relative will receive a green Customs notification form rather than the phone. S/he will then be able to collect it from the nearest post office or Rong Muang postal centre. The form will say where and how much.

I'd have thought it was simpler to buy a phone here.

Regular post should take longer than that, so there is hope, but I fear the worst too. You say regular mail, does that mean it didn't have to be signed for? If not then I really do think that's the last you'll hear of that phone.

I sent it using air mail. I think it might take a little longer because of the customs.

One thing you should never lose is hope.... :D One thing you have probably lost is that phone... :D

Never mind..... treat it as a learning experince, allbeit an expensive one... :o

totster :D

It's coming from the US, not the UK. That takes a lot longer to get here. Usually about three weeks for the airmailed packages I get. They're not registered either. If Customs puts them to one side, then that can mean another week's delay.

It might turn up. Stranger things have happened here.

Be sure to let us know if it does.

Has anyone ever mail a mobile phone to Thailand? If you did, how long does it usually take for it to arrive at the destination (Bangkok)? I sent mine out couple of weeks ago from the U.S to my relative in Bangkok, and it hasn't arrived yet. Do you think the parcel post worker might have taken it?:o Thanks.

If you send it without sim card it's probably stolen and if you send it with sim card

you're extradition to Thailand is being negotiated as we speak.

i've sent something before from the UK. It didn't take long to get to Thailand but then it took 2 weeks to get from Bangkok to Jomtien (Pattaya). There's still hope but if it's not there by mid week next week :D

Why did you send a phone? Theyr'e cheap as chips (or french fries for our European buddies) in Thailand anyway :D

Mr BJ

I recently sent a cell-phone from Germany to my mother-in-law.It took 7 weeks with regular mail.But perhaps she only received it after the guys at the post coudn´t sell a 4 year old Nokia anymore and decided to further it on to the receiver

Looks like you will just have to wait and see :D

Out of interest, what did you put on the customs declaration form when you sent it??

My parents have sent me loads of stuff, including my Kenwood car radio. They always describe it as a 'used (whatever it is), gift of no commercial value'. The address is always written in Thai (maybe that makes a difference, got to be easier for the chap delivering at this end).

The post office in the UK had kittens the first couple of times dad attempted to post a parcel with an adddress consisting of 4 lines of heiroglyphics with 'Thailand' at the bottom :o

Never had any problems with customs and nothing has been opened, maybe I've just been lucky :D

I sent it using air mail. I think it might take a little longer because of the customs.

Well, "live and learn" as they say. But even in the States, most people I know would have sent a mobile phone via some kind of registered/insured mail within the States let alone to another country.

I used to try and send mail from the US to my fiancee (at that time) who lives in an upcountry village. She got one out of 10 pieces and they were just "love" letters and some photos. Frustrated with that, I finally sent her the "package" of the previous letters (had copies) and pictures via registered mail. She got that one. :o

But for whatever it is worth, back in the mid 90's, my sister sent me a box of 50 of my favorite cigars (South American) and it took 3 months using "ground" mail service. It was cheap postage ($4.95) but I had given up after 30 days. Must admit that the cigars were a bit "dry" though, after 3 months. :D