Budget Travel Around Thailand

You could try Maenam, there are a few backpacker places to stay Morning Glory has some small bungalows along the beach at 300baht per night he might give discount for monthly, and sea shaw bungalows also have small bugnalows up from the beach about 250 baht per night again he might do a discount for monthly (bungalow is a double bed and cold shower/toilet and a few shelves you can get clean bedding and the food is ok. The beach is quite compaired to chewang, there are a number of warterfalls you can go and see for free and there is a guy on the way to Lami that rents books, if you eat from the thai stalls rather than resturants you should be ok 50 baht for noodles soup, or a meal will cost about 100 - 200 baht (chicken and rice)

I for one am never happy when peep's dont give me a full idea of thing's I ask for. I think you should work out your cost's. 1. hotel about 500bt, 2. food 400. eating Thai stall's only. 3. M/C 250. a day with fuel. 4. beer. 60bt for one at 7/11. water and you'll need load's, 5. going out to the odd bar ???? I could go on & on, you add it up and you have less than 1000 bt a day. And that's without any traveling cost's.

Not to mention the Exchange Rate at the moment is horrible

1000 Baht a day, 700 baht a day? Tight.

Accomodation Thai style, even in Patong you can get for 3.500 to 4.000 Baht a month, just now new built small App.

Soi Nanai, Ban Kanchana Garden place-but that rooms are not offered on the Website of that place, you have to call.

But the problem is to know and to find that places as other posters wrote. And often that cheap places are rent out for long time to thais.

Eating and drinking for 100-200 B. a day, Sleeping 150-200 (monthly prices) Moto 150-200 B. and not much left for travelling, also a changing of location makes cheap monthly rents impossible.

So sit on one or two locations and not much left for travelling.

Edited by ALFREDO