Housecleaning Service

dthomasss

I am looking for a reliable company to clean my new three-story townhouse once a month. I am only here three days a week and I keep it quite clean myself so there is no heavy work to be donw.

I tried a company here (I will hold off naming them right now) and the owner (farang) came around first time and said it would be most economical to have three women do it and he quoted me 900 baht for three hours. They did a decent job so I had them come back yesterday.

This time they were here nearly four hours, which included a half hour lunch break and they gave me a bill for 1,200.

I paid it (plus tip) but when they left I was upstairs and noticed my clock had stopped. Upon examination I noticed it has a large crack in it and it had stopped during the time they were cleaning. I had to throw it out. I contacted the owner and he responded that this is typical of Thais to not say anything when they had damaged something like that.

This morning I went out to my back porch to do laundry and I noticed the water to my washing machine was turned off. I know they had cleaned the area and they must have disconnected my washing machine hose. When I turned the water back on it gushed all over the place and I saw the connecting fixture had been snapped off, so now I have to go buy a new one.

Clearly I will not use this company again so I am looking for a recommendation.

I tried a company here (I will hold off naming them right now)

Be a good idea to hold off naming them at all as we don't do name and shame stories on Thai Visa, thanks.

Dthomasss, please post up if you find someone decent, whilst I love my lady to bits, Im thinkin someone to come in once/twice a month to assist would be nice..... walls/ceiling fans seem to be an issue here !!!

I have used 2 services and 3 independents. ALL broke or "borrowed" way more than the value of their poor idea of cleaning.

I now have an independent that I will move mountains to keep. Just wish she had not been so darn expensive to find. Figure Thais will clean and break randomly

and need constant detailed supervision to perform the simplest of tasks. You may then get lucky as I have and find a gem, but they are VERY rare. Watch and learn.

kdf

Another warning. Be careful about accepting a "special" cleaning of tiles using industrial tile cleaning machines. I used a very well known local company for this. The salesperson proposed the special service so I foolishly assumed they knew what they were doing and that it was suited to my tiles. They damaged about 10 tiles. I didn't even bother complaining and asking for compensation because I didn't have any proof of the before condition. It is true, things get damaged by these cleaners.

Edited by Jingthing