Internet In Koh Tao?

I'm thinking of going to Koh Tao soon for scuba diving, and was wondering how accessible internet for people with their own laptop and how fast/consistent is it? Do you have to use true and get a landline for a year if you just want to rent out a bungalow for a month or two? If the internet is accessible there then I could stay there longer.

The hotel or wherever you are staying my have a wifi, you should check with them. You can use your phone easily in Thailand to connect to internet by connecting phone to your computer with bluetooth or other means. Call the the company of whatever sim you use, DTAC, AIS, ect for details. A bit slow but it works at 1 baht a minute.

The hotel or wherever you are staying my have a wifi, you should check with them. You can use your phone easily in Thailand to connect to internet by connecting phone to your computer with bluetooth or other means. Call the the company of whatever sim you use, DTAC, AIS, ect for details. A bit slow but it works at 1 baht a minute.

you can get 150 hours for 500 bt per month...so it's a bit lower than 1 bt/ minute :):D

you can get 150 hours for 500 bt per month...so it's a bit lower than 1 bt/ minute :):D

Yes you are correct, I have not used my phone to connect to internet for years in Thailand. Things have changed. The original poster has several options. Thanks for bringing me up to date.

Never stayed long on Koh Tao, but have always found a bar/cafe/restaurant with decent wi-fi. Hotels too. Service and reliability seemed pretty much the same as here on Samui.

If you want a dedicated line then yes, you will need to sign up for a 1 year contract, or maybe 6 months if the Thai owner does it for you. But in answer to your question, yes there is internet, and yes it works. Just check in advance where you stay to make sure of the precise facilities they have if it is important to you.

And enjoy the diving!!! :)