Cheapest & Quickest Way To Send Cash To Thailand

tariq

hi

can someone tell me the quickest and cheapest way to send a small amount of cash(5-10000THB) to thailand. my freind has no bank account and its not worth them opening one as its probably going to be a one-off.

serious replies appreciated... no need to send me warnings of not to send money and i'm a dumb farang etc etc...

thank you very much

tariq...

A quick method is through a wire transfer... the issue at hand is the "no bank account." That is a problem. Unless your friend has a friend, and they have a good relationship... you could wire the money to the friend that has a bank account, and he/she could then obtain that money.

Good luck

From what country?

I think if from the UK, for that amount a Post Office Moneygram may be cheapest. They have fees of something like 12 quid if sending upto 100 pound, then 20 quid if sending upto 200, but please check. You compare this to a Western Union transfer in a travel agent, which I found are usually slightly more.

The method I use which is almost free, but goes against what you asked, but maybe useful to others is;

I opened a new Flex account with Nationwide in my name. I posted the ATM card to my g/f, standard post, hidden in card so it wasn't obvious. So all I need to do is put money into this account in UK, then call her and she withdraws from ATM in Thailand.

The bank has never yet questioned why I'm living in the UK but withdrawing all my money in Thailand.

I think western union is a 10% fee, and alot quicker than a moneygram. All they need to do it pop down their local western union office with ID to pick it up so a simple process.

Just a quick edit to add that's how it worked for me a few years back, I assume it's still around the same cost now.

Edited by bkkmadness

Western union 0800 833 833. It costs £14 to send, they will give you a ref. number that you phone or text to him, your friend can then go into any post office after 10 minutes and pick up the money. :o

I think western union is a 10% fee, and alot quicker than a moneygram.  All they need to do it pop down their local western union office with ID to pick it up so a simple process.

Just a quick edit to add that's how it worked for me a few years back, I assume it's still around the same cost now.

yap. very fast :o

• 5 months later...

I used Western union uk money trasfer last week

i sent £1000. and it cost me £62 to do it it worked out

68.980 77 thb or there abouts

you have to give them your home phone number or work number NOT MOBILE

then they do a check on you

and call you back 20 minuets later

give you a number like 875642351 you then call your friend and it will be all done in around 10 minuets.

i no moneygram charge about £12 for every 100 so works out

quite expensive if your doing large amounts

i no thoms cook and the post office do it also small news agents

they have a store locater on the site.

hi

can someone tell me the quickest and cheapest way to send a small amount of cash(5-10000THB) to thailand. my freind has no bank account and its not worth them opening one as its probably going to be a one-off.

serious replies appreciated... no need to send me warnings of not to send money and i'm a dumb farang etc etc...

thank you very much

tariq...

I will take it for you? :o