Thai Driving In Uk On International Licence

leprechaun

Hello.

My wife is wishing to drive in the Uk on her international licence. Could anyone recommend any insurance companies as I know not all insurance companies will insure drivers with an international licence.

Cheers...... Leprechaun

Lot of stuff here on the the forum if you do a search about potential pitfalls, if she is listed as a UK resident for example,.

TV

If its straightforward my understanding is Tesco do it, lot of caveats though. Risky thing to do if your waiting for a settlement visa, even a minor driving offence can break the "good character" requirement.

Letting a Thai drive in the UK, is that wise?! I always tell my better half that it saves the bother if I drive, is this not an option? :)

You should drive, believe me. They don't stop at Fai Daengs, could be very expensive for you...

I'm not sure, but, I think the Int licence is only valid for 1 yr.

She should have insurance in Thailand (much the same as we can get insurance in Britain) that will cover you world wide.

My wife took 8 ( I repeat 8) goes at passing the UK test. She passed and has taken the passenger side doors and pannels of 3 cars.

Bless her.