Postal Service In Pattaya

wilson steer

Hi. Thai postal service isn't the best in the world. I haven't been to Pataya but I wander a lot in Chiang Mai. The addressing scheme is horrid. I even wonder how the police find an address. I once was out with a friend and we asked the post office and and the local police officer who is his friend and they too could not tell us where the house was. I suppose the fire department is able to locate houses because there is always smoke when there is a fire.

I used to send stuff to Bangkok. I always used registered mail. Sometimes my mail got lost in the inter-office mail. I guess that there is this attitude problem about mail, I reckon maybe the postman cannot read English so everything he doesn't understand goes into the trash. I imagine the postman saying " My Kow jai My Pen Rai" My Pen Rai" and dumps it in the the trash

Try the forwarding agent like Fed-Ex it might arrive. I sent a handphone once and it ended in the customs department despite the fact that the Fed-Ex company telling me that there is no problem. The joke was that it had to be cleared in Bangkok and the destination address was Chiang Mai. Cheaper to have asked them to keep the phone.

The other thing is to use the Internet, this usually works.