Armoured Vehicles, Army Live Bullets Will Be Used To Surround Red-Shirts From 6pm

webfact

I don't know why people act surprised the government announced that soldiers would be armed. Gave the protesters lots of warning and time to leave. Why can't the soldiers defend themselves?

Look's to me like the guy hit with a rubber bullet in the eye. The Chulalongkorn hospital did not confirm any dead, only this guy in serious condition.

rgds

We have no evidence that the army has used live ammo on protesters tonight, there have been at most one death, Seh Daeng was targeted, possibly by the military, but he would have and has done the same thing when he targeted military commanders on April 10. His own tactics were used against him. Still there is nothing stopping the protesters from returning to their homes even now.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know why people act surprised the government announced that soldiers would be armed. Gave the protesters lots of warning and time to leave. Why can't the soldiers defend themselves?

Look's to me like the guy hit with a rubber bullet in the eye. The Chulalongkorn hospital did not confirm any dead, only this guy in serious condition.

rgds

We have no evidence that the army has used live ammo on protesters tonight, there have been at most one death, Seh Daeng was targeted, possibly by the military, but he would have and has done the same thing when he targeted military commanders on April 10. His own tactics were used against him. Still there is nothing stopping the protesters from returning to their homes even now.

BTS is open

That's one closed and one open, do we have a 3rd, website open but stations are closed, trains running but no way to access them :)

Instead of rehashing she daeng over and over and over again, it would be nice to see on the television some news about the situation this morning, I know, wishful thinking.

You had to read the fine print buddy... something to the effect of, we'll have an election in november IF you go home and stop pissing everybody off...

Whats the use of making a deal with the Reds if they wont keep their part?

Ah, the fine print, is this why teh PM didn't name the exact date of house dissolution then?

Who knows, regardless of that... The proposal was on the table for long enough... It was clear reds werent going home either way...

Do you really think they would have went home if the PM named the exact date of the dissolution? Im sure they would have come up with another excuse...

rgds

THE PM did give a date for the elections

Now did that sink in or do I need to shout louder

The PM gave election date, but with no date for him not PM anymore though.

i really dont think that matters anymore... Reds were given an opportunity to have what they claim they are protesting for...

kinda too late now...

Sounds like those loud speakers have had an effect

If election day comes then he is not prime minister

The constitution requires a certain time for the government to, as you say HIM NOT PRIME MINSTER ANY MORE

The red shirts want early election

They got it

then with all this stupidity lost it

So look in the mirror if you want to see why no early elections

The constitution requires a certain time for the government to, as you say HIM NOT PRIME MINSTER ANY MORE

They got it

Yes, I know what you say!

But before election he has to say he's not PM anymore.

Then the elections are made to happen.

Otherwise not elections.

:)

rgds

They got it

Otherwise not elections.

Your chasing your own tail

which is correct

the glass is half or the glass is half empty

you can also say

If Election is on the 14th November

Then as per the Thai constitution he has at that time said he's not PM anymore.

If there are election his resignation have yes made to happen.

As I said your chasing you tail trying to find out who came first

The chicken or the egg

If you buy a new car

do you really worry what day they put in the motor

Otherwise not elections.

which is correct

you can also say

The chicken or the egg

If you buy a new car

It's not as simple as that though,,,

If the PM doesn't say when he's not PM anymore then the EC cannot set elections as 14 Nov. because they make elections based on the date he said.

rgds

Reuters

13-1040143769T.jpg

An anti-government protester throws a bottle into Lumpini park, where soldiers are staying, during a rally in Bangkok May 13, 2010.

Looks like local teens joining in for the jolly to me - too well-dressed to be hardcore UDD.

This shot appears to be taken from outside the park. Meaning that the pitcher was not anti-gov't but rather, anti-redshirt.

From the Reuters Website:

Contact a Reuters Editor:

Our editors are interested in your comments. Please send us your feedback on Reuters news or photos.

Thailand Office

36th Floor U Chu Liang Building

968 Rama IV Road

Silom, Bangrak

Bangkok 10500

Thailand +66 2.648.9000

Otherwise not elections.

which is correct

you can also say

The chicken or the egg

If you buy a new car

If the PM doesn't say when he's not PM anymore then the EC cannot set elections as 14 Nov. because they make elections based on the date he said.

Yes true

But if you put you brain into gear

also

If there was an election on the 14 Nov. then he must have disolved the parliament before hand

Seems to me the only way to have know the truth was to wait till Nov 14

Now we will never know

My fault sorry, Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level - then beat you with experience.

Otherwise not elections.

which is correct

you can also say

The chicken or the egg

If you buy a new car

Yes true

But if you put you brain into gear

also

If there was an election on the 14 Nov. then he must have disolved the parliament before hand

Seems to me the only way to have know the truth was to wait till Nov 14

Now we will never know

My fault sorry, Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level - then beat you with experience.

I think the truth is known now. That unless all complied then no election. Yes?

Rogue Thai General Has Enemies on Both Sides

VOA News 13 May 2010

The renegade Thai general shot and wounded at an anti-government protest site Thursday has enemies in the government he broke rank with and the protest movement he vowed to defend.

General Khattiya Sawasdiphol, better known as "Seh Daeng," or Commander Red, is a legendary figure in Thailand, famous for the battlefield prowess he showed while fighting communist insurgents in the 1970s.

A staunch supporter of ousted Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, the general assumed a leading role with the pro-Thaksin "Red Shirt" political movement.

The 58-year-old general has commanded a small team of loyal hardline-supporters who guard the Red Shirt encampment in downtown Bangkok. He was frequently seen dressed in his camouflage uniform, inspecting the crude bamboo barricades built around the site as admirers approached him for his autograph.

But many within the protest movement had openly distanced themselves from Seh Daeng, out of concern that his methods were too violent. He has been accused of being responsible for several grenade attacks in Bangkok in recent weeks, a charge he denies.

The current government has called him a terrorist. He has been suspended without pay, and a military committee is considering stripping him of his rank.

The general has faced disciplinary action before. In 2008, he was famously reassigned to teach an aerobics class as a form of punishment.

As the Thai government puts more pressure on the Red Shirts to vacate their protest site, Seh Daeng has defiantly vowed not to let security forces in without a fight.

He was shot Thursday while conducting an interview with the New York Times. The newspaper report says his last words before being struck were, in Thai, "the military cannot get in here."

http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/asia/...s-93696614.html