Armoured Vehicles, Army Live Bullets Will Be Used To Surround Red-Shirts From 6pm

webfact

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I watched TNN late yesterday evening and last night. I twice saw a clip that appeared to show an entrance wound on the right temple; that clip is no longer being shown. It appeared to be almost perfectly round, which would indicate that the shot was fired at approximately the same height as S.D.

The doctors reported that the bullet entered from the right temple and ended at the left temple. To do that, the angle of trajectory would have to be flat, not from a great height - or bounced off the jaw up to the temple, which is highly unlikely. In any case, there was no exit wound, based on the surgeon saying that they removed the bullet.

No. It exit at the upper neck. The trajectory is approx 30 degree.

Well we don't know that we have accurate information .... news agencies reported him dead and then alive last night about three or four times .... CNN initially reported he was shot in the chest ... then it was reported that the bullet entered the left temple and exited the right temple .... then it was reported he was enter surgery to "remove bullets" (did they mean "bullet fragments"?) ... I didn't see the report that the bullet was against the left temple, but am not surprised that someone reported this ... he's been reported to be brain dead and also reported that he's in serious but stable condition .....

Unfortunately this pattern of inaccurate information being reported by news agencies has been repeated over and over again over the last few weeks.

The accuracy of journalism in this mess is really appalling. Some of these journalists (both farang and Thai) are as incompetent as the Thai military appears to be.

Local traders continue to do business even in difficult circumstances... :)

post-102593-1273811979_thumb.jpg

She also has to make a living, just like you and me.

Yes, pretty obviously a 'civilian' trying to make a living :-)

Is there a term for a 'civilian' who deliberately put him/herself in harm's way? Serious question.

UDD Leader Kwanchai Praipana:

"The attack on Seh Daeng will not dishearten the red-shirts but will pressure the government and there will be more red-shirts joining our rally."

UDD Leader Weng Tojirakarn:

"I ask 1,000 red-shirts from each of the 50 districts in Bangkok to help fortify the UDD rally during the next three days. We'll then have 50,000 more red-shirts."

and

"Our guards will work in shifts and we may deploy 200,000 guards on motorcycles to join the demonstration. We won't wear red because we don't want to be a moving target, not because we're afraid of the soldiers."

I watched TNN late yesterday evening and last night. I twice saw a clip that appeared to show an entrance wound on the right temple; that clip is no longer being shown. It appeared to be almost perfectly round, which would indicate that the shot was fired at approximately the same height as S.D.

The doctors reported that the bullet entered from the right temple and ended at the left temple. To do that, the angle of trajectory would have to be flat, not from a great height - or bounced off the jaw up to the temple, which is highly unlikely. In any case, there was no exit wound, based on the surgeon saying that they removed the bullet.

Well we don't know that we have accurate information .... news agencies reported him dead and then alive last night about three or four times .... CNN initially reported he was shot in the chest ... then it was reported that the bullet entered the left temple and exited the right temple .... then it was reported he was enter surgery to "remove bullets" (did they mean "bullet fragments"?) ... I didn't see the report that the bullet was against the left temple, but am not surprised that someone reported this ... he's been reported to be brain dead and also reported that he's in serious but stable condition .....

Unfortunately this pattern of inaccurate information being reported by news agencies has been repeated over and over again over the last few weeks.

The accuracy of journalism in this mess is really appalling. Some of these journalists (both farang and Thai) are as incompetent as the Thai military appears to be.

I wouldn't expect any thing different from lame a$$ Dan Rivers. That guy has no clue.

Hmmmm....then how was it that removed a bullet from his skull? Unless the surgeon who performed the operation is lying, or the press got it wrong, yada yada.

But wouldn't an exit would from the neck create a lot of blood? There was very little blood around, either on him, the ground, or the people that took him to an ambulance. And the people around him had held him up in a sitting position for a while as well, and no one was trying to staunch the blood (from the clip on TNN).

[edit] typo

Edited by noahvail

Wasn't grenades but something being shot at the helicopter.

Whatever it is, it pops with a small cloud of smoke, then falls down with parachute.

EDIT: some things come down with a red parachute, others explode in the air with a puff of smoke. Just before they started on each circle of the helicopter around the area, the person on stage calls for "bang fai"

Forgot to add Elite to The Elite Anti-Aircraft Rocket Launching Brigade and their motto: Have Bang Fai, Will Travel

The Anti-Aircraft Rocket Launching Brigade has more than one firing station

cannonr.jpg

Edited by indemnity

"I ask 1,000 red-shirts from each of the 50 districts in Bangkok to help fortify the UDD rally during the next three days. We'll then have 50,000 more red-shirts.

"Our guards will work in shifts and we many deploy 200,000 guards on motorcycles to join the demonstration. We won't wear red because we don't want to be a moving target, not because we're afraid of the soldiers," Mr Weng said.

If you have 50,000 protesters from bangkok and about 5000 already at the site. Where are the other 145000 motorcycle guards coming from? I guess it's more inflated numbers and bravado.

Meanwhile, not far away... in this bizarre world that is now Thailand

busc.jpg

Anti-government protesters greet passing soldiers outside of the 'Red Shirt' encampment, Friday, May 14, 2010 in Bangkok, Thailand.

:):D

Isn't it an old photo, when police left Lumpini?

Hmmmm....then how was it that removed a bullet from his skull? Unless the surgeon who performed the operation is lying, or the press got it wrong, yada yada.

But wouldn't an exit would from the neck create a lot of blood? There was very little blood around, either on him, the ground, or the people that took him to an ambulance. And the people around him had held him up in a sitting position for a while as well, and no one was trying to staunch the blood (from the clip on TNN).

[edit] typo

All these discussions about his injury mean nothing.

I want the coup now, finish all this BS going on. Every day without a solution drags the Kingdom deeper into the SHole.

busc.jpg

Anti-government protesters greet passing soldiers outside of the 'Red Shirt' encampment, Friday, May 14, 2010 in Bangkok, Thailand.

No. They are this morning photos as dated... from Yahoo News Service

[edit] typo

I want the coup now, finish all this BS going on. Every day without a solution drags the Kingdom deeper into the SHole.

Excuse me for being a little dumb

But what can a coup do that the army is not already doing

Oh I see

As the red shirts look like they are now loosing

A coup would make them look like the goodie goodies

[edit] typo

Yep. Coup now! Sad to say, but Thailand was very stable after the 2006 coup.

obviously some soldiers are on the same side than Red Shirts. The situation may spiral out of control this week end... the risk of a civil war relies on some army units and UDD decisions.

Yeah I guess Abisit isn't giving them as much money as Mr. T

UDD Leader Weng Tojirakarn:

"Our guards will work in shifts and we may deploy 200,000 guards on motorcycles to join the demonstration. We won't wear red because we don't want to be a moving target, not because we're afraid of the soldiers."

If Veera wasn't away in the UK, I'm sure he would have chimed in about having a "new" 1,000,000 man march tomorrow.

busc.jpg

Trouble is as they are not wearing Red shirts how we know they are

Maybe pink shirts, yellow shirts or just work mates saying welcome home

But what can a coup do that the army is not already doing

What is the Army doing? Sorry, I don't see any decisive action. They get their vehicles robbed and get trapped by red shirts!

busc.jpg

So, fake reds perhaps? :D

busc.jpg

Looks distinctly like a photo we have seen before some time ago.

obviously some soldiers are on the same side than Red Shirts. The situation may spiral out of control this week end... the risk of a civil war relies on some army units and UDD decisions.

Some soldiers on the red side? Wow that is news, next you'll be telling us that a rally will be held a Rajaprasong intersection. Well we can surely count on the UDD to make some poor decisions over the weekend, and we can probably witness the army seize defeat from the jaws of certain victory and some foolish people will wander on down to Silom and get a rock in the head for their trouble.

Who is going to commit a coup? Who would it benefit? What difference would it make?

Anupong doesn't seem interested in a coup, otherwise he would have shut down the protests weeks ago.

The only ones that would be interested would be those on the red side, and I think they would hit some pretty serious opposition.

I can only speak from experience. When the coup of 2006 took place, all this BS stopped. Not quite sure why. As soon as they started holding elections, all this red shirt, yellow shirt garbage came about. It was very stable. I hate to say it, but maybe democracy is not a good thing for certain countries at points in time. I would think most people would love to go back to 2006 with a group of generals running the show versus what we have now.

I don't think anyone can call what is going on now "Democracy" It is pretty close to a failed state at this point.

What works well in the West, doesn't mean it will work in SE Asia. Look at our neighbours. None of them are truly democratic.

Singapore

Laos

Cambodia

Burma (Laugh)

Malaysia ( Accuse your opponent of homosexual acts) Have him locked up.

I think you get my point. I wont even bring China in to it.

The Reds stopped wearing red weeks ago.

This morning's reminder from UDD Leader Weng

We won't wear red because we don't want to be a moving target, not because we're afraid of the soldiers," Mr Weng said.

That and a minimal amount of trust in the international media source that identified them and photographed them this morning.

Edited by indemnity

I can only speak from experience. When the coup of 2006 took place, all this BS stopped. Not quite sure why. As soon as they started holding elections, all this red shirt, yellow shirt garbage came about. It was very stable. I hate to say it, but maybe democracy is not a good thing for certain countries at points in time. I would think most people would love to go back to 2006 with a group of generals running the show versus what we have now.

I don't think anyone can call what is going on now "Democracy" It is pretty close to a failed state at this point.

What works well in the West, doesn't mean it will work in SE Asia. Look at our neighbours. None of them are truly democratic.

Singapore

Laos

Cambodia

Burma (Laugh)

Malaysia ( Accuse your opponent of homosexual acts) Have him locked up.

I think you get my point. I wont even bring China in to it.

Malaysia is much more democratic now then it was under Mahatir .

Recent yes but seems working .

Who is going to commit a coup? Who would it benefit? What difference would it make?

Anupong doesn't seem interested in a coup, otherwise he would have shut down the protests weeks ago.

The only ones that would be interested would be those on the red side, and I think they would hit some pretty serious opposition.

I don't know. They all seemed to get it together in 2006. I know Anupong is looking at retiring in the fall. Surely he has a successor. He's a lame duck a this point. Surely there is someone who will be taking his place.