Armoured Vehicles, Army Live Bullets Will Be Used To Surround Red-Shirts From 6pm

webfact

AFP

13-1105057012T.jpg

A ''Red shirt'' anti governement protester throws a stone towards Thai soldiers in Bangkok.

USA closes embassy in Thailand, 'very concerned' about violence

AFP - 4 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AFP) – The United States Thursday closed its embassy in Bangkok and said it was "very concerned" about the violence between the Thai government and protesters there.

"We're very concerned, we're watching it (the violence) very closely," State Department spokesman Philip Crowley told reporters, adding the US embassy was closed to the public because it is near the trouble.

"It is closed and American citizens services will be available for emergencies only... Essential personnel right now are manning the embassy, but it's not open," Crowley said.

"We continue to encourage both sides that violence is not the route to resolve these issues. Ultimately, the government and the demonstrators have to get back together again and reach agreement on the path forward," he said.

"The government has to continue to have a dialogue with the demonstrators and they need to reach an agreement on a path forward," Crowley said.

"There are fundamental fissures within Thai society and the only way to resolve this and to develop a civil and inclusive society is through peaceful negotiation," he said when asked if there is a threat to democracy.

Thai "Red Shirt" protesters clashed with troops in the heart of the capital Thursday, leaving one dead and eight wounded.

The clashes came after Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva shelved a plan for November elections and hopes faded for a resolution to a crippling two-month crisis that has sparked periodic violence, leaving 30 people dead and about 1,000 injured.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what would be the consequences while Seh Daeng been shot :

1) reds will get more unorganised and will go home ?

2) reds will get more aggressive and will turn mad ?

anyone ?

I imajine he was the trainer and co-ordinator of the extreemist reds across the country responsable for the multiple grenade attacks etc. I hope they simply give up without their leader but expect that some could go quite mad and continue acts of terrorism for possibly years to come.

Some leader are probably shitting themselves as now its all got horribly real the situation they've gotten themselves in.

Ordinary red shirt will most likely continue to do whatever it is they are told to as they .....................

Not sure what will be the result of the shooting of Seh Daeng -- but in most western countries -- this action that was taken would be illegal (whether he deserved it or not). He was a citizen of the country, he was not holding hostages, there was no imminent danger, he was not pointing a weapon at police, and was taken out by a sniper. Simply, this was an extra-judicial assassination.

There is a State of Emergency. When Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans didn't the US army open fire on looters?

3000 disapeared under thaksin no trail, maybe a similar number of red leaders "dissapearing" across the country would be fair enough?

It would preempt wails of "double standard."

:)

AFP

13-1105057012T.jpg

A ''Red shirt'' anti governement protester throws a stone towards Thai soldiers in Bangkok.

AFP - 4 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AFP) – The United States Thursday closed its embassy in Bangkok and said it was "very concerned" about the violence between the Thai government and protesters there.

UK to shut embassy in Thailand

Source PA News

Updated on 13 May 2010

The British embassy in Bangkok will close on Friday following increased violence in the Thai capital.

The Foreign Office was already advising against all but essential travel to Bangkok in view of the political unrest.

And the embassy has been operating a revised service with the consular and visa application sections closed.

One thing for sure , all THAI are the same SAY I DO and DO Nothing , same in Business , same in Government , that way no one can be accountable !! Its the Thai Way

Are you typical of all Canadians?

I say and do many things, man that blows your theory out of the water ;_)

Anyhow, I hope that somehow it doesn't turn into the blood bath that some of the red shirt leaders hope for.

Talking to the rellies upcountry, families have been told payment of 200,000b if the person dies or is injured to attend the rallies, plus daily payment.

One family has already received cash for someone already seriously injured before - so basically for some this is enough to go and attend the rally. 200,000b in savings in parts of Buriram is more than a family makes in 5 years.

It's just another dangerous job that the downtrodden end up doing, while the leaders, even Arisaman, are staying in fancy hotels eating decent food and getting WAY more than 200k.

Add to that the Buddhist belief in reincarnation and karma.

If you think you will come back then you won't worry as much about death.

If you live in the moment, then death tomorrow is just the karmic wheel saying times up.

Yes, a risky job, but the potential pay off for your loved ones is huge, and the daily benefits

by most reports are larger than most that would go could hope to make.

No infrastructure at home and so little industry or ease of transport to move products,

so no work.... Part of the Issan problem is location location location,

and lack of usable resources to improve the region.

Some correction, it isn't the Buddhist but the Hindu belief in reincarnation and rebirth specially in Esarn. Cambodia and his vasalle states had for a longtime Hindu-Kings. + "black magic" (blood sloshing we saw already)

Lungmi, mia culpa. Should maybe have said more properly the' local version of Belief System'.

They have so mixed up the regional cultures in the official version in Thailand,

that it is some times easy to forget the original separations in historical origins.

Edited by animatic

DS: He was an embarrassment.....

but on the other hand TS could fear him because he may have been the one pointing the finger, showing financial transfer evidence, etc linking him to funding terrorism.

Looks like the show's over.

The show is far from over, but this chapter may be closing.

Certainly SD had been tieing Thaksin to all this just as he was trying to

appear out of the loop, and SD would drg him right back in.

And if he does make the perfect sacraficial ROOK or KNIGHT,

versus all the pawns, those also get played for a loss in logic power games like chess.

We knew the troops would have live ammo, it was stated early in the afternoon before the road closures.

Oh well that makes it ok then! Jeezuz! :)

I don't know why people act surprised the government announced that soldiers would be armed. Gave the protesters lots of warning and time to leave. Why can't the soldiers defend themselves?

I don't know why people act surprised the government announced that soldiers would be armed. Gave the protesters lots of warning and time to leave. Why can't the soldiers defend themselves?

Look's to me like the guy hit with a rubber bullet in the eye. The Chulalongkorn hospital did not confirm any dead, only this guy in serious condition.

rgds

Look's to me like the guy hit with a rubber bullet in the eye. The Chulalongkorn hospital did not confirm any dead, only this guy in serious condition.

rgds

We have no evidence that the army has used live ammo on protesters tonight, there have been at most one death, Seh Daeng was targeted, possibly by the military, but he would have and has done the same thing when he targeted military commanders on April 10. His own tactics were used against him. Still there is nothing stopping the protesters from returning to their homes even now.

rgds

We have no evidence that the army has used live ammo on protesters tonight, there have been at most one death, Seh Daeng was targeted, possibly by the military, but he would have and has done the same thing when he targeted military commanders on April 10. His own tactics were used against him. Still there is nothing stopping the protesters from returning to their homes even now.

Apparently they have no money and their ID cards have been stolen, so they can't leave until payday.

:D

AFP

13-1105057012T.jpg

AFP - 4 minutes ago

"We're very concerned, we're watching it (the violence) very closely," State Department spokesman Philip Crowley told reporters, adding the US embassy was closed to the public because it is near the trouble.

"It is closed and American citizens services will be available for emergencies only... Essential personnel right now are manning the embassy, but it's not open," Crowley said.

"We continue to encourage both sides that violence is not the route to resolve these issues. Ultimately, the government and the demonstrators have to get back together again and reach agreement on the path forward," he said.

"The government has to continue to have a dialogue with the demonstrators and they need to reach an agreement on a path forward," Crowley said.

"There are fundamental fissures within Thai society and the only way to resolve this and to develop a civil and inclusive society is through peaceful negotiation," he said when asked if there is a threat to democracy.

Thai "Red Shirt" protesters clashed with troops in the heart of the capital Thursday, leaving one dead and eight wounded.

The clashes came after Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva shelved a plan for November elections and hopes faded for a resolution to a crippling two-month crisis that has sparked periodic violence, leaving 30 people dead and about 1,000 injured.

and whats next?

Airports all now CLOSED

however all westerners are advised to LEAVE the country....... :)

British,Americian,Australian,EU governments on standby to evacutate their nationals with their Air Forces on alert and all navys preparing to sail to the stricken region.

British Airways will call off their strike and make available 50 Jumbo jets for the emergency evacuation.

Neighbouring countries ..Laos,Cambodia will open their borders and offer assistance to the hundreds of thousands of expected refugees fleeing from the war zone.

United Nations will recall the Security Council ...including China......and get ready for an international rescue programme....

...Orson Wells ...the war of the Worlds... :D

:D
AFP

13-1105057012T.jpg

AFP - 4 minutes ago

and whats next?

Airports all now CLOSED

however all westerners are advised to LEAVE the country....... :)

British,Americian,Australian,EU governments on standby to evacutate their nationals with their Air Forces on alert and all navys preparing to sail to the stricken region.

British Airways will call off their strike and make available 50 Jumbo jets for the emergency evacuation.

Neighbouring countries ..Laos,Cambodia will open their borders and offer assistance to the hundreds of thousands of expected refugees fleeing from the war zone.

United Nations will recall the Security Council ...including China......and get ready for an international rescue programme....

...Orson Wells ...the war of the Worlds... :D

You can make it look as absurd as you want, but this is a country teetering on civil war, today's events have just about assured that the political fight will continue for years to come.

Just an update. Thai News has just said that several red shirt guards have been admitted to hospital. It appears that the water supply has been poisoned.

Sounds like a classic case of MASS HYSTERIA to me. Poisoned water? I don't believe it. Proof please.

Edited by Jingthing

Just an update. Thai News has just said that several red shirt guards have been admitted to hospital. It appears that the water supply has been poisoned.

Sounds like a classic case of MASS HYSTERIA to me. Poisoned water? I don't believe it. Proof please.

Don't shoot the messenger. That's according to the hospital staff that treated them.

ThaiRath article on the water poisoning:

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/pol/82820

I guess that's one way to get out of there before the bullets start flying. Fake water poisoning.

Seriously, are you dense? The hospital staff identified it as water poisoning.

And just how did the hospital test the water? Do you think it's possible to get lab results from the water back in a couple hours? Even in the US testing water for contaminants takes weeks, and hospitals don't do it. I can look it up if you want to continue this.

I guess that's one way to get out of there before the bullets start flying. Fake water poisoning.

And just how did the hospital test the water? Do you think it's possible to get lab results from the water back in a couple hours? Even in the US testing water for contaminants takes weeks, and hospitals don't do it. I can look it up if you want to continue this. Probably has more to do with the 500 ml of Lao Khao they bought from some street vendor before they drank the water.

And just how did the hospital test the water? Do you think it's possible to get lab results from the water back in a couple hours? Even in the US testing water for contaminants takes weeks, and hospitals don't do it. I can look it up if you want to continue this.

Go ahead. Execute the messenger.