Ubc Enough Is Enough

hellyes2oo2

I thought Thai television was showing the World Cup, in 2 languages?

Plenty reports of people who inquired and were told here would be no English commentary, not even on the HD stream True is offering...

UBC = Truevisions = True Corp.

They haven't called themselves UBC for a long time.

The fact that people still call them UBC just goes to show that they can't even do a half decent job of rebranding themselves.

You need to check back. UBC is advertising English sound on HD BUT if you go back to the 2008 WC UBC advertised the same and the Thai government cut them off. So with all the BS HYPE going about you pay your money to play but you'll have to wait to kick off to see or hear. :D

There was a World Cup in 2008?! :)

Yes, the Rugby World Cup.

I think you will find that was 2007

I am so pleased I read this thread and that it was posted. I was about to get a satellite set-up installed that accesses True Visions so the wife (she loves football) and I could watch the world cup.

Seems I'll have to settle for my original option of a wi-fi router sending the signals out to the televisions instead. Sigh. Back to the drawing board on that.

Thanks though for the topic. Saved me some future heartache.

Could somebody show a picture of the backside of the HD Receiver. I need to see the Connection possibilities, please.

Would be very nice if somebody can post a picture.

And i also need to know what is the name of the HD Sport channel???

Thanks a lot!!!

Could somebody show a picture of the backside of the HD Receiver. I need to see the Connection possibilities, please.

Would be very nice if somebody can post a picture.

And i also need to know what is the name of the HD Sport channel???

Thanks a lot!!!

The receiver is made by Humax, but more then likely it's a special model for Truevisions...

Normally all Humax HD receivers have both composite and HDMI video output, along with component.

Then you have both L/R stereo audio output, along with optical digital output.

The sports channel is called truesports HD, so you'll have to refer to their website on what programming will be on.

You need to check back. UBC is advertising English sound on HD BUT if you go back to the 2008 WC UBC advertised the same and the Thai government cut them off. So with all the BS HYPE going about you pay your money to play but you'll have to wait to kick off to see or hear. :D

There was a World Cup in 2008?! :)

Yes, the Rugby World Cup.

I think you will find that was 2007

The Rugby League World Cup was indeed played in 2008. Whether that is 'real' rugby is another case in point.

Can you buy this box, without going to UBC/True?? :)

Nope.

It's a box without smartcard apparently, so your subscription ID is hardcoded in the box.

So if you want a PVR capable box for the HD channels, you're out of luck (even though Humax makes them!)

The trouble with that is there always seems to be a delay. I've tried listening to BBC London on the net and watching a Chelsea match and the commentary seems to be about 5-6 seconds behind. Best way I think is to just stomach the Thai commentary... I hate the commercials every time there's a goal kick, now that IS annoying :)

I find that the crappy internet means that the sound gets further and further behind, with each break in the transmission.

After half an hour it can be as much as 2 minutes out of sync. :D

It is a shame as the 5 Live commentators do a good job.

Can you buy this box, without going to UBC/True?? :D

Nope.

It's a box without smartcard apparently, so your subscription ID is hardcoded in the box.

This is becoming a trend... :D

It stops you looking at other satellites and networks.

Also coming up in the Middle East to stop people viewing the "naughty" channels.

Everything that they think you should watch, and nothing else.

Firstly it is censorship, and secondly rather stupid. If they want to upgrade the security later

they will have to change all the boxes. :)

I don't have UBC only Thai TV, but with a new TV there is a language button on the remote allowing you to switch to an alternate language if available. It works for football broadcast on Channel 7, it works for movies, CSI New York etc. On channel 3 it is hit and miss, only works on some of the football.

It effectively switches to the original sound track, so Chinese movie - Chinese, it did not work for the FA Cup Final on CH3, but it did for the Coco cola cup final on CH7.

Hope this helps.