Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

2. 173

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

3. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

4. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

5. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

6. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

7. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

8. 25

9. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

10. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

11. 1

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

12. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

13. 25

Withdrawing Money From A Thai Bank Account

hi all,

i need to take a not so small amount of money (in thai terms at least) out of my bank account, and i don't want to use the atm. i'd like to know if there is a withdrawal limit for over the counter transactions, and do i need to inform them before hand, show any id documents, or anything like that? i'll be taking about 60,000 baht the first time.

4 months ago my own bamk in uk santander were messing me about not letting me withdraw from any foreign atms and every other day putting a stop on my card , i was building my house at the time and relied on taking 30-40 k out of my santander account every other day,i also had an account with the siam commercial so i went and withdrew 300,000 in one day, i think 500,000 is there over the counter limit per day. passport and bank book needed.

If all else fails, take out 20,000 baht (or so) from 3 different branches of your bank. The idea is to withdraw small(ish) amounts at one time and at different locations, therefore not raising suspicions.

Edited by Microwave

I have withdrawn as much as 900,000 baht in cash, thats 900k baht from my account at SCB in Ban Chang. No questions except show us the bank book and you're passport. The cashier was always helpful and when they counted the notes they asked me to watch the note counting machine to verify the count. They ran the notes at least twice in packs of 100 notes. Any mis-count by the machine was hand counted again. When complete and the cashier gave me the cash I stepped to the side and re-counted again by hand. I have done this at least 3 times with no issues other than my account looks pretty sick with such a low balance.

There should be no limit whatsoever. Bigger amounts (1 million plus) might need prior requests, just to make sure the branch doesn't go too low on cash.

Micro branches (such as the ones found in Lotus or Big C) will often have lower limits, Bkk Bank micro branches are capped at 200,000 Baht I think.

Additionally. with most banks you can raise the limit of the amount you can withdraw with your ATM card, Bkk Bank I think can go up to 200,000 Baht/day. Bangkok Bank ATM's also give out up to 25,000 Baht/time, so getting 60,000 Baht out only should take a minute...