How Much Do You Spend

Thailad

How much do you spend on a night out?

Not including any barfines or P4P action.

For me its 2-3000B,starting in lower Suk at about 4pm finishing up in Cowboy between 1-3am.

Do you think i am spending to much?

I'm always amazed at how much I spend on drink; it certainly adds up quickly enough, especially once you start throwing in the ladies drinks. You'd probably be cheaper biting the bullet and ending the night earlier, and you'd probably enjoy it more too.

Ignore what other people think, though. Do you think you are spending too much?

The money you'll probably spend anyway; the question is - is this a better way of spending it than the alternatives?

Maybe the money is not the biggest of your worries...

SC

YES!!!! Your completely overspending... you should limit yourself to a maximum of 400b only, i never spend more than 358b and i can sit in the street and drink large bottles of beer till 6am on that....

I can not believe that you would come to a cheap country and throw away perfectly good money like that, you are completely wasteful!!!

I also can not believe you would waste everyone's time with such a moronic question...

Well, I have a choice when I go out. I can buy cheap beer, sit alone and get drunk. Or I can go out to have fun. Buy a few lady drinks, generally have a good times with friends and not worry about how much I am spending. If you biggest worry is whether spending a couple of thousand Bt in 11 hours is too much then I suggest you don't have much to worry about. Start at 4pm, finish at 3m, eleven hours for 2,000 Bt? Less than 200 Bt per hour.

Well, I have a choice when I go out. I can buy cheap beer, sit alone and get drunk. Or I can go out to have fun. Buy a few lady drinks, generally have a good times with friends and not worry about how much I am spending. If you biggest worry is whether spending a couple of thousand Bt in 11 hours is too much then I suggest you don't have much to worry about. Start at 4pm, finish at 3m, eleven hours for 2,000 Bt? Less than 200 Bt per hour.

Close to the average weekly wage.

Dont understand buying Ladydrinks=Fun

Please send me a PM the next time you are going on the piss.

3000 baht for a 10 hour session, bargain, works out at 300 baht per hour.

What cheap charlie bars have you been going to?

Let assume 2 drinks per hour, its not even a bottle of whiskey over the whole night.

Hats off, kudos to the op, I thought I knew Bkk, Meet the new boss!!!

Try the same out at RCA, Sri Nakarin etc etc, You arent a teacher are you?

Your eager student awaits.

Get Up about 9 go for breakfast , then go for a walk and look around , have a Thai lunch, walk back to the room about 5 o'clock, shower watch TV for awhile maybe have a nap , get showered, go for a few beers and some games of pool, then have a look down walking street , home to bed about 0ne , maybe 1000baht for two.

I'm always amazed at how much I spend on drink; it certainly adds up quickly enough, especially once you start throwing in the ladies drinks. You'd probably be cheaper biting the bullet and ending the night earlier, and you'd probably enjoy it more too.

Ignore what other people think, though. Do you think you are spending too much?

The money you'll probably spend anyway; the question is - is this a better way of spending it than the alternatives?

Maybe the money is not the biggest of your worries...

SC

Great reply Cowboy ya close.

I have tried starting later but found the night went to quick.

Maybe you should end the night earlier.

I think that my spend is fair.

I like to buy a service girl or two a drink gets me a good seat and prompt service.

Alternatives its only 2-3000B hardly life changing.

I think there are guys ashamed about how much they spend.

I know guys that spend 10,000-30,000B every night,i have been out with them seen how its done.

Im not a Teacher,O&G Maintenance.

Close to the average weekly wage.

Dont understand buying Ladydrinks=Fun

Yes, it's fun, Learn to live a little!!

Or you like ladyboy drinks?

You are only spending too much on anything if you are spending what you can't afford or don't have (i.e running up debts).

Provided you don't spend money on drink to the detriment of the essentials that also is okay as long as you remain aware that long term heavy drinking carries a price that no amount of money can meet.

The more important question is; Are you enjoying it?

If yes, you are not spending too much. If no, you need to change something in your life.

There are no pockets in a shroud and no kudos to being the richest man in the morgue.

Went out last night with a mate, his gf and her sister (as the wife is away for the weekend)

3 bottles of Chang Classic 160 bht in a very nice Thai bar where all the waitresses are university students

Then a night club with live band and dancers, bottle of Whiskey and 6 mixers 600bht.

A great evening out for 4 people (we all got horribly drunk) ...... total 760bht.

Edited by sarahsbloke

On an average night it's close to 600 baht. I usually buy one or two drinks for myself and a couple for my lady friends. Some nights I'm a little more generous and it costs me about 1000 baht. But, considering I'm out most every night, and I'm on a pension and have to budget my spending, I like to spread it out a bit.

Some days 100 Baht for food others 10000 Baht all day session. Just depends on my mood really. A normal day's beer session around 2000 Baht I would guess on Samui but half that in Pattaya.

I like your style Smokie.

I am interested in a Scotsmans take on this?

It would be good to get Sorenson on board,this time last year he was running amok.

Starting in 22 rather early.

Went out last night with a mate, his gf and her sister (as the wife is away for the weekend)

3 bottles of Chang Classic 160 bht in a very nice Thai bar where all the waitresses are university students

Then a night club with live band and dancers, bottle of Whiskey and 6 mixers 600bht.

A great evening out for 4 people (we all got horribly drunk) ...... total 760bht.

Sarahsbloke ya a top Man.

Theres always one or two Bitches,Eric.

Whats 40,000 per month?guessing my income?

Its more like $2 per minute,84 hour week.

Cmon lets be Men about this.

Thanks for some great posts.

usually start about late lunch time to mid afternoon with a few beers with the nephews, brother in laws and neighbours. then late afternoon/early evening when the business is winding down a few of us will either buy a couple of bottles of cheap thai whiskey and head off to the local fishing park to watch the sun go down. or buy a couple of thai dishes and wash it down with the whiskey.

then about 7/8 pm off to the local moo kah tah plenty of cheap food and drink bought at the 7 eleven.

about tenish a group of us will arrange to meet up at the local tawangden/ morlam club. more beer and whiskey brought and shared, but usually under some kind of promotion.

leave the club about 2 in the morning, then head off to the karaoke bar. byo drink, buy the mixers, food and have a good old sing song. night ends roughly around 4-5am in time for me to head of to market to buy supplies for the 2 food outlets me and the family run.

do this once a week as a rule, twice tops.

total cost between maybe a group of 6-9 people, about 1,100-1,400 baht a head.

btw, yes my family do like their food!

Edited by tigerfish

The difference in answers here are fascinating. OP, do you work here full time or just on jollies?
I think the money you spend is more about where you go.

When I was foot loose and fancy free.

Start about 5:00pm meet mates at a small bar in soi 7/1 few beers 70baht each. Maybe we had more than a few but you get the idea. Food Mcd's 200 baht. Soi CB drinks 2000 and take home 2000 total including taxi max 4500 baht.

Tonight. Misses and me out on the town. Drinks is a bar, Thong Lo 2000 baht. Sheraton Hotel for food at Rossini's including wine 5000++ baht. Off to see a few mates, drinks and snaks 5000 baht. Home and bought a snak at 7/11 and some cokes 300 baht.

Total, "A 5hit load more now I have errr"

The difference in answers here are fascinating. OP, do you work here full time or just on jollies?

Start about 5:00pm meet mates at a small bar in soi 7/1 few beers 70baht each. Maybe we had more than a few but you get the idea. Food Mcd's 200 baht. Soi CB drinks 2000 and take home 2000 total including taxi max 4500 baht.

Tonight. Misses and me out on the town. Drinks is a bar, Thong Lo 2000 baht. Sheraton Hotel for food at Rossini's including wine 5000++ baht. Off to see a few mates, drinks and snaks 5000 baht. Home and bought a snak at 7/11 and some cokes 300 baht.

No i do not work here Major.

Without a doubt its where you go also how long you are staying here.

Whether you live here or Holidays is a factor.

The guy that i know spends 30,000 per night,last time i seen him he was on a 10 day holiday.

No i do not work here Major.

Without a doubt its where you go also how long you are staying here.

Whether you live here or Holidays is a factor.

The guy that i know spends 30,000 per night,last time i seen him he was on a 10 day holiday.

Barrella, That is so similar to my history here in LOS it's frightening. I could have writtn that post!

Thailad, 30,000 a night must be exhausting. It would be nice having the dough to be able to keep that up.

I am spending very similar to Barrella although I don't go out as often now I have settled down somewhat. True enough, my carefree single days definitely cost less. I am not one for the big fancy bars though. 70 -80 Baht is enough for a Heineken in my opinion.

You're only spending 2-3000 bht in 9-11 hours?

Not enough...

You sure you're having any fun?

Don't you tip the entertainers at all?

Yes you read the original post right.

My idea of fun and yours maybe different.

Take the Japs they are very hands on in public,that puts me off my beer.

If i like the Bar/Gogo i will flirt with the Mammasan,buy her a few drinks get her in the pocket so to speak.

But quickly shoot down any notion that its going to be regular with a Mi me Setang.

At around 20.45 on buying last drinks at Happy hour prices,i get them to stick six in the bin at happy price.

When the Service girl comes back with my drinks she also has six raffle tickets,now is a good time to be checking the bill,do not be embarrassed to check your bill,it is yours after all.

I get the feeling all tickets must be used before checking bin.

I spend about around 1,500-2,000 baht in Pattaya in a typical night out. That includes ladydrinks. I find a big expense is going to clubs, where drinks are in the 120-180 baht range. I try to go for the draft specials most of the time. If I didn't buy the drafts, I'm sure I'd be spending a bit more.