Clashes Continue, Turning Central Bangkok In Virtual Warzone

webfact

I am not a guest. I am an expat. This is home. Nothing to go back to.

Well, an expat is a guest in Thailand (and quite a few other countries), meaning nothing to go back to is not really a good plan... :)

As a Farang with Thai wives

:D:D

Trying to lighten this thread, that is pretty ridiculous for most postings actually.

It is either trying to justify the army intervention or trying to justify the "Red Shirts" behaviour.

The system is wrong, not the people...

Edited by eurasianthai

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some posts were edited or deleted due to excessive formatting. Just because your font is bigger, does not make your post any more apt. If you need to blow it up to five tiomes normal size to make a point then maybe you need to rethink your post.

Could you give some consideration to deleting all posts of persons who can't master the quote function? Either that or come up with a quote function that even an idiot can master.

Good idea! I can't fathom it and I'm pretty computer literate and received a post-degree education - so I must be an idiot too (you do not need to confirm this point thanks) - but no matter - it is esoteric, arcane and not user friendly and many of us can't figure it out - it should automatically delete the earlier posts OR highlight those posts that should be deleted.

Bow 3 times for all the little Einsteins here in TV.

Please don't believe this rubbish - I would say nearly half the country (we don't know until elections for sure) are probably red - disgusted that they have a government with no mandate and want one simple thing - a chance to VOTE.

you are joking right? you cannot be brainwashed enough to believe what you just wrote! Or then tell me that Samak and Somchai had also no mandate as they were elected exactly the same way as Abhisit ...

Red shirts toughen demands

The red-shirt leaders Friday announced they would no longer compromise with the government and toughened their demands for the administration to comply with.

The red-shirt leaders demanded Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva to meet the five demands as following:

1) The government must cease fire immediately.

2) The government must withdraw troops immediately.

3) The government must lift the state of emergency immediately.

4) The House must be dissolved immediately.

5) Abhisit and Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban must resign and must not be in the caretaker Cabinet.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-05-14

When did they ever compromise?

Aren't those the same demands Thaksin demanded earlier?

Nah ... he can't be behind this can he .... nah ... could .... nah

I was also supporting the idea of the negotiation and roadmap. But we are only we are witnesses and not actors. Also, we do not have all the datas for understanding at 100% the underground situation. However, we should help to reduce the violence on both sides and the first thing to do is to avoid flaming at each other.

Obviously, there are some factors which push the Red Shirts to a tougher stance in spite their uncomfortable situation: we miss some points for a full understanding of what is going on.

Obviously also the risk is huge of third parties interfering in the coming hours.

There are two things important to survey in order the conflict is confirmed contained: is the Up Country entering one way or the other in the conflict? Are some Military Units joining the Reds? Obviously, the Reds have now a political support. it was also a key element in the development of the crisis.

To all Farangs supporters of any side, please avoid flaming in those circumstances: we can express different opinions with respect to each other.

This looks like revisionism to me. Your posts supported further negotiations bolstered by keeping the violent pressure on AFTER the road map was presented. No acceoptance just PRESS PRESS PRESS with implied violence being only a negotiator's tool, isn't that right? Maybe the people that think like you will get their agreement written in blood or maybe they'll just get killed and swept into the dustbuin of history.

so would you say having an army coup and removing the elected government and that government being elected again

but still not allowed to govern is democratic ,,,then i dont understand the system either...

Only problem is the coup didn't remove an elected government, it removed a caretaker PM. The next group of MP's elected appointed 2 PM's - one was kind of an eccentric (RIP) who didn't do exactly what was expected of him, the other was the ineffectual bro-in-law. Funny how there were no outcrys back then from all the "democracy" supporters

Especially all those red women and children... and let's not forget the elderly that are there as well. They should be the first ones gunned down right? :)
They are human shields used the same way Al Queda uses similar people. You can't blame the government for that.

Please don't believe this rubbish - I would say nearly half the country (we don't know until elections for sure) are probably red - disgusted that they have a government with no mandate and want one simple thing - a chance to VOTE.

you are joking right? you cannot be brainwashed enough to believe what you just wrote! Or then tell me that Samak and Somchai had also no mandate as they were elected exactly the same way as Abhisit ...

They do not want a chance to vote

They want a chance to be paid for their vote

It is not a democracy when votes are bought

I am not a guest. I am an expat. This is home. Nothing to go back to.

Well, an expat is a guest in Thailand (and quite a few other countries), meaning nothing to go back to is not really a good plan... :)

As a Farang with Thai wives

:D:D

I think you had better check. A Thai wife doesn't make you a Thai citizen. It can help a guest getting a Visa. I your wife has a Thai ID she has a voice. You do not.

I want to express my gratitude to ChiangMaiFun for being so inept as to fuc_k up every post he makes thereby making it impossible to make a reply. Otherwise I'd probably have been banned by now.

It's not too late if you keep posting in the same vein.

Looks like you've got some shit where your avatar should be.

So let's have an election then. OK?

Sure we'll have. Why ask?

.....somewhen in 2011. Just make a queue, man! And there you'll express your opinion, if you have your pra-cha-chuen.

Or want you call for an election every day you've dreamt of it in the night? It is an expencive step for the country's budget, FYI. Poor little red.

A car with TNT explosives and bomb making device was found parked at an apartment building in Bang Khen district Friday.

Police were alerted to check the car at the Rimnam Apartment on Soi Ram Indra 34 at 3 pm.

Police found a cooking gas cylinder, 5 bars of TNT explosives, 4 extinguishers, and six mobile phones in the car's trunk.

LOOKS LIKE PEACE IS ON IT"S WAY!!!

Notice protesters are using sling shots and petrol bombs.

Army using live ammo and rubber bullets and tear gas.

Protestors dead (shot). Camera men shot. Civilians shot ?

Soldiers not ?

And they claim to be abiding by international rules ?

What's that, assassinate one red by sniper fire, poison others and then go on a rampage killing and maiming others with live ammo ? Not very "standard"......well not in my opinion.

actually on TNN24 i saw protestors making and carrying said molotov cocktails and then they focused in on two individuals with poorly disguised assault rifles at their sides who promptly ran away when they saw the camera on them.

so much for these poor peaceful protestors.......

The only way to glean anything even moderately interesting off of Thai Visa is to immediately skip any post that has words in all caps or in a big funny font or follows some idiotic double spaced single line declaration format - or in any way reeks of an attention-desperate person hyperventilating at his keyboard, mashing the keys angrily with spittle flying from his lips and closing every message with some pompous claim like "Case Closed!!!" There are some interesting posts in there, but the screaming drama queens really ruin most threads.

well said, sir :)

I agree 100%. When you look at how long some members have been on TV and the number of posts makes you wonder where they spend most of their time.

Am utterly appalled at the reds. They had such sympathy a month and a half ago, now they are just a bunch of criminals working for their master Thaksin to the detriment of the entire nation. Disgusting.

OK. However, I can't understand any civilized person having any sympathy for them at all after Pattaya Asean and Black Songkran.

The only ones that have sympathy for them are the reds themselves - like their fan club here - time for negotiation is over and I hope the government realizes that the only way to win this is to go full out and destroy them once and for all

I agree. These "protestors" are armed to the teeth and now will start to cause Billions of baht worth of damage to whatever they please.......and who will end up paying for it........all of us who pay taxes.

The army/police are playing "footsie" with them.......get serious and end this situation now.

Notice protesters are using sling shots and petrol bombs.

Army using live ammo and rubber bullets and tear gas.

Protestors dead (shot). Camera men shot. Civilians shot ?

Soldiers not ?

And they claim to be abiding by international rules ?

What's that, assassinate one red by sniper fire, poison others and then go on a rampage killing and maiming others with live ammo ? Not very "standard"......well not in my opinion.

1 protester dead today. Several policemen killed last Friday. Several army killed on 10 April.

And they claim to be peaceful democracy-seeking farmers?

When are you going to get it....... Peaceful democracy-seeking they have been in the past. They VOTED, they ELECTED and they were BETRAYED.

Do you expect this to go on and on without some finally saying enough ? :D .... Thai can very much be an eye for an eye mentality when they wish, you are seeing it right now.

Usual farang judgment of course, its not your country you cannot see it as a Thai National so why cant everyone just go home and be quiet like good little farmers should ?. Well it dosnt quite work like that. :)

Sadly this has now been escalated to almost a no turning back level before further serious violence occurs.

You have missed the point... totally... but I am bored and tired of writing the same things about MP's, banning parties, coups and the rest - none of it matters at all - the real point is that no matter what you or I say millions of Thais feel this way and want an election - is that so wrong? this government only got into power because the elected government were banished - but I'm tired and getting ready to go out to dinner and if you 'don't get it' then you 'don't get it' - as I say - it's irrelevant - we are heading for civil war because some people (like you) don't 'get it'.

Especially all those red women and children... and let's not forget the elderly that are there as well. They should be the first ones gunned down right? :)
They are human shields used the same way Al Queda uses similar people. You can't blame the government for that.

So it would be acceptable if they were caught in the crossfire then? Of course not you fool, just sit back from the keyboard for a minute and think about what you're typing. Innocent peoples lives are at stake, it's not some video game.

So it would be acceptable if they were caught in the crossfire then? Of course not you fool, just sit back from the keyboard for a minute and think about what you're typing. Innocent peoples lives are at stake, it's not some video game.

What are they doing in a war zone? As far as the children, I would 100 percent blame the PARENTS.

siampolee' date='2010-05-14 18:02:57' post='3597950']

The red-shirt leaders Friday announced they would no longer compromise with the government and toughened their demands for the administration to comply with.

The red-shirt leaders demanded Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva to meet the five demands as following:

1) The government must cease fire immediately.

2) The government must withdraw troops immediately.

3) The government must lift the state of emergency immediately.

4) The House must be dissolved immediately.

5) Abhisit and Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban must resign and must not be in the caretaker Cabinet.

Well,Well so now you can see who the leader is where he is. Here is what The real leader said earlier:

This just in !!!: Thaksin calls on govt to urgently hold talk with protesters

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra Friday issued a statement, urging the government to hold a talk with the protest leaders to end the violence.

He issued the statement via Noppadol Pattama, his former legal advisor.

Thaksin said the government had violated human rights and law by ordering the troops to crack down on the protesters.

Thaksin demanded Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva to immediately carry out four things:

1) The government must stop deploying troops and police with lethal weapons to suppress on protesters.

2) The government must immediately lift the state of emergency in all provices.

3) The government must hold a talk with protest leaders immediately to find a political solution.

4) The government must hold talks with all groups in the society to try to bring about reconciliation so that the country will have genuine democracy and justice and can progress.

Anytime any gun is fired it is "LIVE ROUNDS!!!!" and always the live rounds are being fired at the most sensational targets possible. It's not that I doubt it happens, but since it gets reported in every single case any information short of video becomes absolutely useless.

I left Victory to get on the tollway about an hour ago... heard many gunshots ahead of us, then ambulances by the time my cab passed. They were putting someone in it... I was just about at Din Daeng at that point.

Repeat after me Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated, and all your code will serve the collective

TAN_Network

3 M79 grenades hit Sala Deang BTS Station; at least 2 injuries reported 5 minutes ago via Digsby

Yet another nice sample of the very peaceful ongoing rally in acheving the peace and democracy for poor farmers. Bad bad BAD ABHISIT!!!

YAWN!!!!!!

Idiots.

Why people can 't stop "YAWNing". I am sure the majority don't know what this word mean. :)