Clashes Continue, Turning Central Bangkok In Virtual Warzone

webfact

The government says NO election after saying yes.

They kill a Thai General who was pro Red.

They do so next to a Wall Street Journal reporter during the interview.

They are trying to scare the media out.

BUT

Assassinations can go both ways.

Might I suggest a new movie?

"Bangkok REALLY Dangerous"

We can have sex, violence, assasinations, sex, reds killing, SEX, yellows killing, sex, and the fall of a regime with more SEX!

The government said offered the reds elections, and the reds said No.

The government offered elections with half a dozen "IFs", the red said yes. Look it up, it's on every news source.

They ARE the government. Not the thugs. Would you bow down and submit to a non-compromising band of fools, bums, crooks and thieves turned literal insurgents? No gov't has any responsibility to even compromis with such neanderthals as these. And it would set the example in the future that violence and riots gets results.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Has the government successfully surrounded the protest site so that water and food cannot be brought in?

2. How much water/food do the protesters have stock piled?

3. What leaders are still taking the stage/around Central World?

Looks like this thing could drag into next week/eternity.

The lack of real coverage of the events is astonishing.......especially on Thai TV (what a joke).

I remember the Tsunami. It happened in the morning. They didn't even mention it until night, and even then they said 4 people were killed. It's almost like they dont want to ruin people's day.

Where are Abhisit and Suthep? Shouldn't they be addressing the nation in this time of crisis?

Let matters unfold and the appropriate authorities do their jobs.

This is not a sudden 'crisis'; the blue touch-paper was lit a long time ago.

Abhisit and Suthep have addressed the national at length about the 'clear up'.

Where are Abhisit and Suthep? Shouldn't they be addressing the nation in this time of crisis?

They are busy trying to come up with a story to explain why the army keeps shooting at a Canadian Journalist lying on the floor saying "help me help me.."

They are busy trying to come up with a story to explain why the army keeps shooting at a Canadian Journalist lying on the floor saying "help me help me.."

Thats the risk you take being in the hot spot, the war zone, on the front line. Why do they own any explanations?

The Nation: Rumours were spreading that seh daeng's loyalists would unleash a nightmarish night for Bkk.

Natthawut and the gang know exactly what that might be, as expressed by Natthawut himself. Whatever they have in mind is nothing but pure evil. The protesters may find themselves into a big world of hurt as well.

Edited by frodo

I am going to express my opinion as to why all this is happening. I will not reply to any comments on my opinion.

In order to place my opinion in perspective, please consider the following.

I have lived in Thailand for 21 years. I originally was invited to come as a technical expert. I am fluent in spoken and written Thai at the post-graduate level. From 1990-2000, I worked in 72 provinces on projects for the Ministries of Interior, Public Health, Education, and Communications, mostly in very rural areas.

In addition to my technical background, I have an MA in Religion, concentration in Buddhism. I have spent 3 years in monasteries, both in Thailand and my home country.

I lived in Issan for 11 years, and for the past 10 years have lived in Bangkok. In Issan, I used to attend the monthly meetings of my city's "informal" governing committee - the mayor, the provincial police chief, an army general, and 5 businessmen. In Bangkok, when I worked on government projects, I used to attend functions hosted by by the Royal Family.

The anti-government movement is largely funded directly or indirectly by Thaksin's clan. The balance is proved by certain other Sino-Thai business clans.

The goal of the Thaksin group is to attain control of Thailand once an inevitable event occurs.

Given that there is a kingdom at stake, the group is spending vast amounts of money in order to foment and sustain an insurrection.

Because so much already has been spent, the group cannot accept defeat; therefore, they now will employ any and all tactics in order to win.

The situation is complicated by the fact that the group's appointed local leadership are rapidly losing control over the entity that they have created.

Harold, I have refrained from posting for several reasons, but the sanity and clarity in your post have temporarily stirred me from lurkville. As another long time resident who is now out of the Kingdom I am aware of some other motivational factors at work that are not constructive to post, but considering the venue, that was a brillant post. Thanks for your insights, they are welcomed by all that have had the opportunity to see them.

2 Good posts

:)

I agree -- it fits.

drivel... - it fits the yellow elites cause only - and it doesn't stand up to close scrutiny

" Il faut savoir raison garder"

Very famous old proverb. (meaning: You must keep a blood cool and not give way to your passions).

True, part of us are close to Red Shirts, because we have a social feeling.

True, part of us are close to Government because they have business, responsabilities and they fear the consequences of the unrest

True, we are farangs and only observers, witnesses as we are not citizen of this Country. However we have a freedom of expression and we can give an opinion.

True, tomorrow we will have to live with Red, Yellow, Democrats....thai Citizens. Most are nice people even if I disagree with their opinions.

True, being a special Guest because I live with them and share the everyday life, I have to respect them even if they are not of my opinion.

Too much flaming, too much irrespect, too much arrogance from some farangs. We have to control our passions "et raison garder". We may need each other independantly of the "Colour' of our opinions.

Regards

Jerrytheyoung

This is tantamount to the, "you don't have kids so you have no right to make any judgment about parents" type of logic. Just because I am not Thai does not mean that I must leave my intellect, logic and opinions at the customs desk upon arrival. And I disagree that anyone owes respect to what one considers wrong. A man must take sides and defend beliefs. He does not just get to walk away from this responsibility because he moves to a different country. One might be able to run from many things by leaving his home, but he cannot run away from his conscience or his sense of justice.

You miss the point; it is not about expressing an opinion but about the WAY it is done by some posters -which is irking some Thais and is understandable.

Calling other "shits", Bastards, illiterate.....wanting all them dead, globalising all the demonstrators as terrorists.... This is not acceptable. We can express divergent opinions without such a vulgarity and respecting a minimum of politeness.

The Reds and their supporters have proven time and again that they are militants and supporters of violence, not peaceful protesters. The government has every right to crack them down and decapitate the militant leaders.

Violence has only followed when the government has been aggressive and provoked.

The problems all started with the shutting down of PTV - an unconstitutional and provocative move by Abhisit/Suthep.

Find a placid dog and poke it in the eye..... see if the placid dog will bite you.

Provoke and you will reap what you sow is the general rule.

That was after the reds had threatened to storm a military base, stormed parliament, and also set themselves up in Ratchaprasong. Who was doing the provoking?

I think your general rule is playing out tonight against the provokers.

No.... government cut off PTV, leading to those events.

Provocation by the government, everytime.

Every time? I don't see any provocation here.

There are now reports on CNN that the police are shooting at the army. Welcome the the "Roadmap to shiet!"

I can't believe it but I am beginning to think Thaksin would be much better than this current group of idiots who obviously will let Bangkok burn to the ground before letting anyone else close to the state $$$$. I don't think they will be spending it in Thailand. Go back to England Abhist and bring Anapong with you.

From what I read it was one cop.

would be more concerned if in that other thread about seh deang in the coma the poster who said he heard from two different sources about a more significant development

Justasken

Thailand

Land of smiles?

Thai love Thai?

Love being 2nd class citizens?

Thai people will never shoot at Thai people?

Thai army members are all loyal to the current government?

Thai army members willingly die for the current regime?

Rich are not afraid?

America will allow Thai Jets to bomb Reds? ( NO)

Why is that American aircraft carrier getting so close?

Hey--why is the British war ship moving closer?

New names for good Thai movies.

"Burn baby Burn"

"Apocalypse now"

"Reds"

"The Three Stooges Return"

"Let them Eat Cake"

"The Red Beret"

"Dumb and Dumber"

You're not very good with facts are you?

Parliament house - 7 April http://www.france24.com/en/20100407-red-sh...thai-parliament

PTV Shutdown - 8 April http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/apr/0...angkok-protests

Thaicom - 9 April http://www.english.rfi.fr/asia-pacific/201...torm-tv-station

I am looking out the window where petchburi and ratchaparop meet. The red shirts broke out all the street lights a few hours ago. It is basically pitch black. I can vaguely make out groups of people running head down, racing between one shelter to the next, hiding behind cars, ducking into doorways. They are in the middle of an urban battle. Lots of explosions and gunfire.

Not a pretty sight around here. It is going to be a long night for sure.

Thats the risk you take being in the hot spot, the war zone, on the front line. Why do they own any explanations?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wud those words soothe u if someone of ur family finds himself in cross fire working as a journalist..... some price u have for human life...

HaroldC Extract

The anti-government movement is largely funded directly or indirectly by Thaksin's clan. The balance is proved by certain other Sino-Thai business clans.

The goal of the Thaksin group is to attain control of Thailand once an inevitable event occurs.

Given that there is a kingdom at stake, the group is spending vast amounts of money in order to foment and sustain an insurrection.

Because so much already has been spent, the group cannot accept defeat; therefore, they now will employ any and all tactics in order to win.

The situation is complicated by the fact that the group's appointed local leadership are rapidly losing control over the entity that they have created.

Great analysis Harold. You have summed up more or less exactly what imho is going on. I ask myself whether Thaksin's motivation is control or merely revenge. If it is revenge he has done a great job at opening up fissures in Thai society which have been kept below the surface for a long long time. If however Thaksin planned to return on the back of his redshirt pawns I think he may have miscalculated and having prized the lid off Pandora's box he is not capable of closing it - not much good if your aim is to be crown despot fleecing an ignorant and pliant populace.

yup - trigger happy kids with BIG guns supervised by brainwashed officer - hey - there's someone moving - shoot!

Watch it before you speak. ::2 cents::

The man is alone with one other, nobody else around no violence nothing, he says "help me" he is shot at again.

The other man brings him up to his feet.. they are shot at again.

It is all over CNN.

Edited by firestar

The Reds and their supporters have proven time and again that they are militants and supporters of violence, not peaceful protesters. The government has every right to crack them down and decapitate the militant leaders.

Violence has only followed when the government has been aggressive and provoked.

The problems all started with the shutting down of PTV - an unconstitutional and provocative move by Abhisit/Suthep.

Find a placid dog and poke it in the eye..... see if the placid dog will bite you.

Provoke and you will reap what you sow is the general rule.

That was after the reds had threatened to storm a military base, stormed parliament, and also set themselves up in Ratchaprasong. Who was doing the provoking?

I think your general rule is playing out tonight against the provokers.

Who is the provacative here, not the government but the false accuser, named Levelhead or so

At the end of the day they have to get those guys out of Silom because its shagging up the business area of Bangkok. The Mrs used to work on Silom and its hard to envisage these camps on that road. The red shirts are a bit prone in that stationary position, and I expect the authorities to push ahead and get the job done. There will be fatalities and injuries, but there is no turning back now.

Sky are reporting 7 dead and 100 in hospital, but Id say its more.

The government says NO election after saying yes.

They kill a Thai General who was pro Red.

They do so next to a Wall Street Journal reporter during the interview.

They are trying to scare the media out.

BUT

Assassinations can go both ways.

Might I suggest a new movie?

"Bangkok REALLY Dangerous"

We can have sex, violence, assasinations, sex, reds killing, SEX, yellows killing, sex, and the fall of a regime with more SEX!

The government said offered the reds elections, and the reds said No.

The government offered elections with half a dozen "IFs", the red said yes. Look it up, it's on every news source.

They ARE the government. Not the thugs. Would you bow down and submit to a non-compromising band of fools, bums, crooks and thieves turned literal insurgents? No gov't has any responsibility to even compromis with such neanderthals as these. And it would set the example in the future that violence and riots gets results.

You seem to have selective memory. Did you forget about the band of thugs who stole the people's democracy in 2006? They're just going to take it back, that's all.

Watch it before you speak. ::2 cents::

The man is alone with one other, nobody else around no violence nothing, he says "help me" he is shot at again.

The other man brings him up to his feet.. they are shot at again.

It is all over CNN.

Why do you think the reds kept shooting him?

The Nation: Rumours were spreading that seh daeng's loyalists would unleash a nightmarish night for Bkk.

It is going to be a long night....I feel for all the civilians in BKK right now...

It also shows that some reds never wanted peace......they just want Bangkok to burn for their own "discomforts" in life.

I don't see how anyone can watch that video and call them "peaceful protesters" I think the army is showing way to much patience here. Forget rubber bullets. It's time to bring out the real hardware.

I am not a guest. I am an expat. This is home. Nothing to go back to.

Well, an expat is a guest in Thailand (and quite a few other countries), meaning nothing to go back to is not really a good plan... :)

none of us are Thai and we never will be - despite some pseudo-Thai on here who, probably, genuinely believe they 'are' Thai - I have no such illusions (delusions?) - we will never be accepted or have any real Thai friends - but I veer off-topic

Speak for yourself. I have no delusions of being thai, or even wanting to be thai, but I certainly have real friends who are real thais.