Clashes Continue, Turning Central Bangkok In Virtual Warzone

webfact

Reports coming now of Suthep being shot in the head by an army officer.

Would be believable if the only source wasn't another red poster...

You call that 'reports coming in'?

The person I heard it from isn't a red supporter, for what it's worth. Put me on ignore if you don't want to read it, sorry for disturbing.

Admin

Group: Admin

Member No.: 327

THE NATION: Tyres were still burning in Rajprarop, a photographer told us a few minutes ago.

THE NATION: The same photographer said rumours were spreading that seh daeng's loyalists would unleash a nightmarish night for Bkk.

:)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why do you think the reds kept shooting him?

Going to be hard to blame this one on the reds

He isn't amongst them, completely isolated with bushes behind him and the army in front.

Only one red shirt, he is waving a white flag trying to help him up.

CNN ended the report saying viewing these images it was hard to believe the army was answering any threat.

Then again it is only CNN, I only know truth is spoken when it comes out a Military spokeman's mouth or I see in on Channel 3.

It was fake army then.

This whole mess is going to leave scars on all sides for a long long time. It wont go away when this phase ends and it doesnt matter who comes out on top. Some big players will lose this round and some will win. That is dangerous when you have a small powerful ruling roup who arent accustomed to losing anything much at all.

The Nation: Rumours were spreading that seh daeng's loyalists would unleash a nightmarish night for Bkk.

It is going to be a long night....I feel for all the civilians in BKK right now...

It also shows that some reds never wanted peace......they just want Bangkok to burn for their own "discomforts" in life.

I'm a low profile farang and chose not to be an active poster but here i lost it.. sjeezus..

This is horrible for anyone with any sympathy for human life.. Thailiban style was the first thing that came to my mind..

absoutely horrible..

The Nation: Rumours were spreading that seh daeng's loyalists would unleash a nightmarish night for Bkk.

It is going to be a long night....I feel for all the civilians in BKK right now...

It also shows that some reds never wanted peace......they just want Bangkok to burn for their own "discomforts" in life.

I'm a low profile farang and chose not to be an active poster but here i lost it.. sjeezus..

This is horrible for anyone with any sympathy for human life.. Thailiban style was the first thing that came to my mind..

I blame boxhead & co. as much as the perps - gawd...

You will also note Abhisit and Suthep have "gone missing" and are not visible or giving any interviews. Something appears to have happened.

They go missing every time damning footage comes out on CNN that they can't spin.

But don't worry... later tonight with no proof whatsoever, they will issue a statement that they found grenades or a makeshift bomb or something in the reds possession and all will be well.

Like the Nations never ending release of "Thaksin is dead again"..... how many times has he died now ?

No, all snippets and rumours should be stated as such, so people can take them with a pinch of salt until they are confirmed or not.

Provided they are clearly said to be rumour, and if numerous posters are hearing the same thing then there MIGHT be something in the rumour.

You will also note Abhisit and Suthep have "gone missing" and are not visible or giving any interviews. Something appears to have happened.

You could say the same about Anupong :) It was only the press people who gave the interview.

It will all come out soon anyway

The person I heard it from isn't a red supporter, for what it's worth. Put me on ignore if you don't want to read it, sorry for disturbing.

Spreading rumors at a time like this is irresponsible and totally unnecessary. In some places it could even be called fear mongering. You should seriously consider stopping it and comment on verified information only.

I only posted it after someone else wrote the same thing I had heard. If it was only me, I wouldn't have posted it, but I thought it would be helpful to show the other poster he wasn't the only one that heard it and that there might be more to the story, sorry. Feel free to compare the time stamps, I posted it after someone else asked if anyone else had heard about it.

Well I am anti red and usually disagree with anything redparrot parrots but .... in this case ..... having lived in Thailand for over 11 years ..... I can believe this story is going around. If it is true or not is a second one. But I am sure this rumor is doing the rounds. We will have to wait for more substantial evidence to see if it is true or not but still. I am actually interested in hearing what is happening and in some of the more "important" rumors about what might be happening myself. Even from a Parrot :)

W

[quoting name=LivinLOS' post='3597852' date='2010-05-14 17:39:37]Perhaps you can explain why the last 4 elections have been red majorities then ??

It took a disbanding of the TRT, banning of its representatives, and a lot of backroom dealing and turn coats to make the coalition..

Wonder if the Democrats will be barred from the next election because of their illegal contributions ???[/quoting]

VOTE BUYING ! duh!

Seriously? 20 million votes bought? You don't think Thais take money from both sides and then vote for whoever they want?

That's what my g/f's family did - get paid 2 or 3 times, vote for who you want.

<snip>

The last ..... well ... if he sees that as acceptable (or even believes it) then "He's been in Asia too long." :-)

My g/f lie to me??? Never! Never, I tells ya!

I am assuming these soldiers we are seeing are conscripts?

What about the enlisted men?

I also assume should the situation escalate the elite troops will make an appearance?

Will they be manning all the roads into Bangkok?

I bet a load of buses are on their way to the capital for the weekend.

Like the Nations never ending release of "Thaksin is dead again"..... how many times has he died now ?

No, all snippets and rumours should be stated as such, so people can take them with a pinch of salt until they are confirmed or not.

Provided they are clearly said to be rumour, and if numerous posters are hearing the same thing then there MIGHT be something in the rumour.

Yeah, you've made another idiotic problematic statement. Wishful thinking just doesn't seem to be working too well, does it? Abhisit is still PM, parliament is still in session. Red numbers have faded, the "protest" has devolved into a war thanks to Red refusal to negotiate in good faith, and a fractured red leadership doesn't know what to do.

As I said a few posts before, I fear that tomorrow morning we'll have some really bad news.

Oh god no!!

I hope you dont mean that they set Central World shopping complex ablaze, they could have at least waited for the summer sales to end. Had my eye on a new carpet.

SAVE NANA PLAZA

Why do you think the reds kept shooting him?

Going to be hard to blame this one on the reds

He isn't amongst them, completely isolated with bushes behind him and the army in front.

Only one red shirt, he is waving a white flag trying to help him up.

CNN ended the report saying viewing these images it was hard to believe the army was answering any threat.

Then again it is only CNN, I only know truth is spoken when it comes out a Military spokeman's mouth or I see in on Channel 3.

It was fake army then.

You are Plus and I claim my £5. :)

I don't see how anyone can watch that video and call them "peaceful protesters" I think the army is showing way to much patience here. Forget rubber bullets. It's time to bring out the real hardware.

DISGUSTING!! These are just kids drafted from the provinces into the Army no?

This pretty much seals the deal for me...send in the big guns and clean house....NOW!!

I also assume should the situation escalate the elite troops will make an appearance?

They did show up during the gun battle on Vipravadhi, which was probably the only example of competent military execution you've seen through this entire debacle. There was video of some group of Thai Air Force special forces guys in full black gear and facemasks running palm to shoulder with MP5s who looked very coordinated to watch and didn't run around firing their guns off next to each others' eardrums. Then they'd cut to the regular arm and it's keystone cops time. Watching all that it made sense why the reds called off the attempt and one of the leaders fled in a disguised vehicle, whoever was running that wasn't fooling around and cut off the front and back of the convoy before closing in on the separated elements.

I assume these guys are out there somewhere, but given the politics of how, why and when various elements of the Thai military are used an in what situation (the military being its own self-interested and quasi-autonomous entity), who knows what the plan is.

I am assuming these soldiers we are seeing are conscripts?

What about the enlisted men?

Will they be manning all the roads into Bangkok?

I bet a load of buses are on their way to the capital for the weekend.

Yesterday I drove down from the north. There wasnt a single manned roadblock all the way. Mind you there was no evidence of red shirts either. Lots of police convoys though

I don't see how anyone can watch that video and call them "peaceful protesters" I think the army is showing way to much patience here. Forget rubber bullets. It's time to bring out the real hardware.

This pretty much seals the deal for me...send in the big guns and clean house....NOW!!

I wish all those advocating violence form the first line of offence for Army and Reds... lets see how strongly they feel bout it...

are

democracy is what the fight is all about. freedom of the people to vote and elect a government of their choice,this and not the choice of the Armed Forces in Thailand.in this civil war the only losers are the Thais themselves. the Reds are this fighting for their lives because of the repression they are suffering under the rich and powerful this has been going on for hundreds of years and now they will not give up. The Prime Minister will have to resign and face the charges of the people. This is the work of the New World order and the Bushes and the Blair's Rothschild's and Rockefeller's of this world are destroying democracy. Is it is going to end I think not -- I wish it would . The UK now has a new government Thailand needs one to. don't blame the people who want change. twice the government that was elected have been deposed. back the reds

well said...

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" JFK

No blood..... looks like he fell out of the lorry and took a hard landing.

If you are part of an army who is shooting and killing civilians then you have to expect the rest of the civilian population to be pretty much anti-army.

Most farangs cannot understand this and its why you see all these "shoot them up" calls, but this is Thailand and the army is a known problem and is tolerated by the people, but if they step over the line the people will turn against them, as you see in that video.... normal people upset and wanting to stop the army from killing more people.

Hold on, the red spinners haven't had their chance yet. And they will speak up, because no matter how despicable the act, they will come to the rescue of the poor, peaceful farmers who only want democracy. And no doubt the defense will include one or more of the following: yellows occupied the airport. there was a coup 3 1/2 years ago. you're a farang and don't belong here so shut up.

EDIT: Jesus F Christ, I don;t believe it. Levelhead proved my point as I was writing and beat me to the post. :) is the only response

Edited by Netfan

You know the guys carrying the attack at one point probably saw a video of violence against the reds and thought...

"DISGUSTING!! This pretty much seals the deal for me...send in the big guns and clean house....NOW!!"

Your reaction tells me you have much more in common with them than you think..

Edited by firestar

No blood..... looks like he fell out of the lorry and took a hard landing.

If you are part of an army who is shooting and killing civilians then you have to expect the rest of the civilian population to be pretty much anti-army.

Most farangs cannot understand this and its why you see all these "shoot them up" calls, but this is Thailand and the army is a known problem and is tolerated by the people, but if they step over the line the people will turn against them, as you see in that video.... normal people upset and wanting to stop the army from killing more people.

Bit late in the day for the comedy routine mate.

Wonder how Sondhi's resignation as NPP leader comes into all this? He doesnt do anything without a reason.

He resigned so that he can once again lead the mighty yellow PAD. He wouldn't want to be accused of any conflicts, so he first resigned from the party that he founded, as both chairman and member, now he'll lead the PAD once again and when he has achieved his political objectives, he'll go back and will re-join his party and assume the position of chairman once again.

This way nobody will be able to say that he did it for his own political benefit. :D

Don't forget he got a bullet in the head too and was very lucky to be alive

same people who ordered sondhi's shooting also ordered Seh daengs.

WOW - news flash!

I'm sure you can offer proof - links, video recordings, signed declarations and all :)

They did show up during the gun battle on Vipravadhi, which was probably the only example of competent military execution you've seen through this entire debacle. There was video of some group of Thai Air Force special forces guys in full black gear and facemasks running palm to shoulder with MP5s who looked very coordinated to watch and didn't run around firing their guns off next to each others' eardrums. Then they'd cut to the regular arm and it's keystone cops time. Watching all that it made sense why the reds called off the attempt and one of the leaders fled in a disguised vehicle, whoever was running that wasn't fooling around and cut off the front and back of the convoy before closing in on the separated elements.

I assume these guys are out there somewhere, but given the politics of how, why and when various elements of the Thai military are used an in what situation (the military being its own self-interested and quasi-autonomous entity), who knows what the plan is.

I think we are all awaiting their arrival. It seem they are completely incapable of executing their orders under any terms of engagement.

When this is all done with, I don't expect anyone will bother to notice if the army actually wants a coup. Last time it was a few people giving them flowers.

I expect next time, no one will pay them any attention to the fact that they would politely, like, if it isn't too much trouble, to have a coup. At least that would be some kind of improvement in the political landscape of Thailand.

Edited by Thai at Heart