Clashes Continue, Turning Central Bangkok In Virtual Warzone

webfact

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a disgrace. Shooting at 70% women and children now :)

Indeed it is .

Reading 101, you fail.

The shots are NOT aimed at women and kids.

Infact, there are mostly young males being wounded by anything these last 24 hours. As they are attacking the army lines.

The army has no will to try to break through - only way to reach the old women and kids - the red lines to start firing at a few hundred sitting down eating.

So, please, do tell us, where is the army firing at women and kids at will?

Good - finally someone who has the FACTS and not post just mere speculation.

Can you please name the source for this- "mostly young males being wounded"? What is their total number? They attacked the army lines with what kind of weapons?

And what about the dead ones? 22 was the last number i heard, all civilians. mostly young males as well?

And the others, outside this 'mostly' group, what kind of people, what age group?

And also good to hear that the army will not fire at women and children. That will set some minds at rest. A couple of posters were really worried about them. All-clear now.

Please keep us updated.

Does any one have the you tube clip of the peaceful reds leader calling everyone to make petrol bombs ?

It's in this thread earlier. Go fish.

here you go saint, have a run at that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2vRhaHRzuo...feature=related

thanks timekeeper I was hoping someone would dig it up.

Its a pity they don't have the big sign behind " WE ARE NOT TERRORISTS " :)

28492119474711418394114.jpg

its actually from the BBC website, you expert computer graphics guy....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8684506.stm

Where did they bought the programme?? Pathunam Centre??

is that a veiled accusation that the BBC doctored this picture?

do you even know what the BBC is?

British Bullshit Club

or you forgot the propaganda after Bloody Sunday in Derry????

were you working for them too??

No I was too toung to be in the IRA by then

Does any one have the you tube clip of the peaceful reds leader calling everyone to make petrol bombs ?

It's in this thread earlier. Go fish.

here you go saint, have a run at that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2vRhaHRzuo...feature=related

thanks timekeeper I was hoping someone would dig it up.

Its a pity they don't have the big sign behind " WE ARE NOT TERRORISTS " :)

might as well post it ...

In a modern country a parent or guardian who puts a child in jeopardy (like, for instance, refuses to evacuate the child from a 'live fire' area) is liable to criminal charges. The red leadership failing to encourage the parents/guardians to get the kids out of there can also face criminal charges.

How "modern" is a Government that declares an inner city area and a rally site to a 'live fire zone' for its military?

Isn't such a government criminal as well and lost any eligibility or legitimacy to be the country's 'guardian' ?

What a silly argument, about as modern as a "democratic movement" that sets up bamboo spears and gasoline-soaked tires in a commercial district and shoots people in the dark. Can we move away from this? We all know where you stand.

Since we all want a return to peace ASAP, I'm wondering why Veera and the other Red leaders who supported the roadmap and Nov 14 don't make public statements backing the gov't and publicly calling for the Rajaprasong protesters to cease and desists, while also calling on the gov't to return to the roadmap.

That would go a LONG way to calming a lot of people down, leaving only the few hel_l bent on violence to meet whatever end they long for.

Anybody got Veera's email/phone no?

It's: Veera@youcrazyfriggingwanke_rs.com

:)

I suggest a truce on the case of the 10 years young boy.

It is an obvious mistake, unwanted, that everybody regrets.

Condolences to the family

Rest in Peace.

I think we should stop to speculate on a so tragic error.

thank you

I agree. RIP young lad.

The boys photo before being shot: http://tweetphoto.com/22511456

This is sad. Why is a ten year old boy in a protest rally like this? He is too young to comprehend what is going on. The situation has been rocky since yesterday, his guardians/parents should have sent him home.

I did not that he had past away. RIP young man.

I know a tear will not be past in Bangkok because people there do not even know that the world exists. The rich elite will never shed a tear for a young man from the north he was mearly in thier eyes the next oxen to plow thier fields to provide the next mercedes and lat'e. Viva le yellow shirt....

Hmmm You accuse people in BKK of not knowing and not caring (in fact not even knowing the world exists!) You then lay the guilt in some way at the feet of the "elite" and "yellow shirt". You project that the child (that I do not know is dead) was from the "north" and say that people think of him as a farm animal.

I really do think that this says a LOT about you and your bias.

What I know is that at least 2 children have been hurt. That one was probably hit by a bullet that was not aimed at him but was aimed at a speeding vehicle driven by a drunken redshirt that was aiming for a roadblock.

The other child was inside a police housing complex at Lumpini when 3 M79 grenades hit.

Intent being the measure of a crime; I would say that the 10 year old being hit by a bullet (probably) is tragic. Honestly and truly tragic. The blame doesn't go to the yellows, the elite, the soldiers defending their position. The blame goes to the Reds and the parents.

Intent being the measure of a crime I would say that launching 3 M79 grenades at a housing complex (even a police housing complex) is an act of terrorism and should be condemned.

THE NATION: Four foreigners among injured are one Canadian, one polish, one Burmese, and one Liberian.

This years Darwin Awards go to...

Anyone else see the Brit with a red head band shouting rubbish about "Land of Smiles" from amongst the red shirts on BBC today? :)

Nope. I had a look around the BBC website earlier but couldn't find the video. Has anyone got the link please? Thanks!

Can you please name the source for this- "mostly young males being wounded"? What is their total number? They attacked the army lines with what kind of weapons?

And what about the dead ones? 22 was the last number i heard, all civilians. mostly young males as well?

And the others, outside this 'mostly' group, what kind of people, what age group?

And also good to hear that the army will not fire at women and children. That will set some minds at rest. A couple of posters were really worried about them. All-clear now.

Please keep us updated.

Another child injured.

ThaivisaNews: Update: Police apartment at Lumpini, injuried have been taken to Bumrungrad Hospital. Five people including 1 child.

THE NATION: Pls note that the M79 that hit Lumpini Police Station just happened like half an hour ago.

The "peaceful" reds are targetting civilians now.

ThaivisaNews: Update: Police apartment at Lumpini, injuried have been taken to Bumrungrad Hospital. Five people including 1 child.

THE NATION: Pls note that the M79 that hit Lumpini Police Station just happened like half an hour ago.

Since its generally acknowledged by both sides that the police's sympathies lie at least not 'wholly' with the gov't, why are the Reds attacking their own? Shooting themselves in the foot again, might see the security forces uniting against them if they carry on like that.

Indeed it is .

Reading 101, you fail.

Infact, there are mostly young males being wounded by anything these last 24 hours. As they are attacking the army lines.

The army has no will to try to break through - only way to reach the old women and kids - the red lines to start firing at a few hundred sitting down eating.

Please keep us updated.

You discuss surface events.

Human shields to protect armed people is a "war crime" (Genava convention). Only Talibun and someothers forget it. The Army has the full international right to kill by snipers the leaders who use this terrorist tactics. The assault on Chula-Hospital is the same. The Police-Officer who allowed that the 100 people went inside had he right and the duty to prevent this (even with lethal weapons.)

Thailand signed the Genava Convention, but forget the meaning.

Had a phone call today with a doctor friend in hongkong inquiring if this mayhem puts me in danger as she read about it in one of the latest asian news articles in a news paper ( small print) I asked what the hongkong people think about whats going on in bkk at the moment,

Her answer was, Oh thailand does,nt really make the news much here in hk now and the people arn,t interested, Thailand for the hk people is nothing more than a place for a cheap weeks holiday to buy tshirts you can only wear one time and many of my patients come back from there with std.

# RT @brianbkk: @veen_NT @veen_NT Lots of explosions.. lights out at Petchaburi Road.. scary..>>where exactly on Petchubri? 34 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Gun fire reported at Victory Monument area and ppl at busstops were fleeing the bullets. terrible. # TNN 35 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# RT @beejoir: @veen_NT Automatic gun fire, and huge explosions ever few seconds! Heating up big time here. Chidlom/Petchburi. 40 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Fighting spreads in Thai capital, 16 dead

By Jason Szep and Ambika Ahuja – Sat May 15, 2:10 am ET

BANGKOK (Reuters) – Thai troops fired at protesters on Saturday in a third day of fighting on Bangkok's streets that has killed 16 people as soldiers struggle to isolate a sprawling encampment of demonstrators seeking to topple the government.

Clashes continued across central Bangkok as soldiers behind sand bags or atop buildings fired live rounds at protesters armed with petrol bombs. One was shot in the chest while trying to ignite a tire in Bangkok's usually bustling business district.

Read more: news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100515/ts_nm/us_thailand_312

I can't post the picture from this post however it is very suspect regarding its content.

In a modern country a parent or guardian who puts a child in jeopardy (like, for instance, refuses to evacuate the child from a 'live fire' area) is liable to criminal charges. The red leadership failing to encourage the parents/guardians to get the kids out of there can also face criminal charges.

How "modern" is a Government that declares an inner city area and a rally site to a 'live fire zone' for its military?

Isn't such a government criminal as well and lost any eligibility or legitimacy to be the country's 'guardian' ?

The way I read this is that the Thai Gov' are trying to warn innocent people that to travel past this barricade could be hazardous to your health.

IE:- Possible 'Live' fire beyond this point.

Or am I wrong in my reading of this picture?

If not, then it's very 'Modern' of the gov' to do this.

Shame the Reds aren't 'Modern' too and leave their children and Grandparents at home instead of putting them in harms way and using them as shields.

Had a phone call today with a doctor friend in hongkong inquiring if this mayhem puts me in danger as she read about it in one of the latest asian news articles in a news paper ( small print) I asked what the hongkong people think about whats going on in bkk at the moment,

Her answer was, Oh thailand does,nt really make the news much here in hk now and the people arn,t interested, Thailand for the hk people is nothing more than a place for a cheap weeks holiday to buy tshirts you can only wear one time and many of my patients come back from there with std.

Meaning??? Your friend has STD???

TAN Network: Red-shirt leader Dr.Weng Tojirakarn says some police and even soldiers are shooting at their peacekeepers, demands govt stop operations now.

These poor peacekeepers.

Is that twitter "news" or from an online article or a line from television report?

What did he exactly say?

Maybe Weng was referring to police who switched the sides* and now responding to the fire of the peacekeepers troops from the red positions.

These peacekeepers are the government troops who shot at the protesters to restore peace and normalcy, right?

Poor soldiers, i guess a lot of them are not happy with that job.

*telegraph.co.uk: Shooting between police and army personnel was also reported at several locations, as policemen joined the side of the anti-government demonstrators.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...rt-protest.html

<deleted>! This is the 4th time I've seen that crap article linked this afternoon.

Do you even live in Bangkok? Do you know any Thai coppers? Thai soldiers? But there ya go spewing a Guardian article article as if it were the Ten Commandments and your Moses delivering the "truth" to the Israelites wandering in the wilderness.

Well Moses ... give us your personal experience with Red coppers... or just <deleted>!

Sorry, i am just trying to make some sense out of this Dr. Weng comment: 'some police and even soldiers are shooting at their peacekeepers, demands govt stop operations now' and trying to guess what it was all about.

And i was asking for a source/link for that Dr. Weng quote. Can you help me with that?

And yes, i live on Bangkok, just right around the corner where 'the action is', Praram 4/ Sathorn Road.

BTW & FYI: I quoted an article from the telegraph.co.uk and not the Guardian, but nevermind it is of course clear that both papers are not the first choice if you want to hear first hand real life experience with Red copper. Some unemployed ex-miner who party hard with his dole money in a pattaya bar will be able to tell me much more about Red Copper, for sure. No <deleted>, right?

Indeed it is .

Reading 101, you fail.

Please keep us updated.

The news I heart on Ch9 around 9pm was 22 dead, all male (confirmed by hospitals) and 172 wounded, 11 wounded in critical condition. Source was a phone interview with a high ranking police officer. He also mentioned that police would take over security in some sois within closed zone from soldiers.

ThaivisaNews: With the power out around Bon Kai, looting has started to appear. First being 7/11 store.

I wondered how long it'd be before this started. In the States,we call in the National Guard. Looters get shot on sight.

Time for Anupong to get on the TV. Martial law and tanks is the only way this is going to stop now.

ThaivisaNews: With the power out around Bon Kai, looting has started to appear. First being 7/11 store.

Now the true face is appearing amongst the paid Red Shirt Brigade supporters.

No honest motives involved at all. Following Thaksins example otf grand theft and the wholesale looting of a country with no compunction at all.

veen_NT: RT @in0nymous: @veen_NT Confirm activity on Petchaburi. Manhattan Chitlom is locked down. Explosions are lighting the area around us.>>thks

15 พฤษภาคม 2553 22:59:43

Adding from sensitives area to AVOID - Victory monument and Petchburi Road. #Bangkok

Edited by elcent

Blackout at Bon Kai (Rama IV) - a 7-11 shop is reported being robbed. via js100 radio 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

The reds did call for supplies, didn't they? They've decided to start looting now.

Din Daeng gone red again.

Udon Thani Town Hall under seige.

Convoys of Reds blocked from entering Bangkok about to get feisty!

It would actually be nice to hear a little more about what is happening elsewhere, I can't seem to find any news reports, they all concentrate on Bangkok. :)

I drove up to Chiang mai city hall and didn't see a lot. The roads were blocked with concrete barriors and barbed wire. There where no people there, either security or red shirts. This was the back of city hall I didn't go to the front. There may have been some people at the front but it didn't seem that a mob would storm it. Also I didn't hang around a long time just enough to see the back and get out of there.

He also mentioned that police would take over security in some sois within closed zone from soldiers.

Hmm...sure that will make the army lads up front full of confidence about whose got their backs. :)