Sad State Of Thai Tv

robbiecia

Right now a large area of central Bangkok is a no-go war zone.

As i search through the Thai TV channels you can see, cooking shows, soaps, celebrity gossip, cartoons and game shows!!!!!!!

Absolutely no coverage about what we all want to know about what's happening right now in BKK.

Have to keep BBC and CNN on to get any info.

This must be a classic case of if you can't see it, it doesn't exist.

Thai television has to edit everything before they put it on television so you must wait for them to finish the editing process.

Exactly right.

TV is controlled by the Government and you will only see what they want you to see.

Now you have the entire feral members under one roof

‘Clashes Continue, Turning Central Bangkok In Virtual Warzone’ should it be a good time to wind them up and gas them ?

At least 2 Thai channels have been showing clips all today. Don't read Thai, so no idea which one is but the other is "Spring News".

I started a thread a while ago, complaining that most Thai news shows consist of a few seconds of action repeated ad nauseam, or talking heads ( radio with a picture ), and have no reason to change my complaint!

Mind you, BBC World News is little better, and showed the same clip over and over.

Al Jazeera has the best coverage in English.

Fox barely acknowledged that it was happening.

I also am amazed by the lack of coverage and commentary being broadcast locally. It say's alot about the press situation here. Where are the local shows that have someone from each side of the problem and a moderator that asks the questions? Where is the debate that is so important for a healthy democracy?

I also am amazed by the lack of coverage and commentary being broadcast locally. It say's alot about the press situation here. Where are the local shows that have someone from each side of the problem and a moderator that asks the questions? Where is the debate that is so important for a healthy democracy?

The butcher Aphisit believes fanatically in the religion of censorship. Anyone who believes otherwise, like in free speech, is labelled a terrorist.

The butcher Aphisit believes fanatically in the religion of censorship. Anyone who believes otherwise, like in free speech, is labelled a terrorist.

You will see the local shows that have someone from each side of a problem with a moderator that asks questions, when Thailand has freedom of speach

Channel 7 (NBT) has been showing almost nothing but the disturbances -- live reports from the scene, talking heads, plus frequent long announcements from the CERS, complete with a tutorial last night of the difference between an M-79 launcher and a tear-gas gun.

They're even interrupting the soaps! :)

Channel 7 (NBT) has been showing almost nothing but the disturbances -- live reports from the scene, talking heads, plus frequent long announcements from the CERS, complete with a tutorial last night of the difference between an M-79 launcher and a tear-gas gun.

They're even interrupting the soaps! :)

NBT is Channel 11 and for weeks now most of its programmes have been about the troubles, especially enjoyable is Ja (Sergeant) Pong's daily programme in the Issan dialect criticising Thaksin and the red shirt leaders. Yesterday he urged Pojaman and Thaksin's children to join the stage at Ratchraprasong, why aren't they there showing solidarity he asked rhetorically. Ja Pong's programme should be broadcast live to the protesters.

Thai PBS also has frequent programmes on the political situation, as does Channel 9, all show news updates on the hour.

Edited by Siripon

sorry, but what you say is <deleted>. thai tv has far more coverage than bbc or cnn which just repate the same narrow view and shots again and again. pbs and tan news has much more video footage and eyewitness accounts, interviews and phone ins aswell as pannel discussions with people from bothsides. Maybe you cannot understand and its not always actuall video of the action so you don't know what your looking at. ALmost all day atleast one of the channels will be covering whats going on, maybe no more than an hour with nothing. Maybe you took a look in one of these hours. Thai tv is certainly not the censored blind that some people would make it out to be.

You will see the local shows that have someone from each side of a problem with a moderator that asks questions, when Thailand has freedom of speach

I've seen several shows in the last few weeks with people from both sides of the dabate in the format you mention; what you just say simply isnt true.

Nonsence, since I am not labeled a terrorist I know for a fact that you are incorrect and posting fictions again.

Sad state of Thai TV. You are 100% correct there.

Thought UK TV was shit but the rubbish they broadcast

out here is terrible. Lots of long drawn out

soap opera's and strange cabaret style programs.

Lets be honest though when in Thailand do you really

want to be stuck in watching TV. Want to be out in

the nice tropical air.