Rimping 'mee-chock'

BOOKEMDANO

I don't agree completely that western food has little to do with overweight Thais. When living in bkk, around the noon hours the fast food joints are filled full of chinese-thai high school teenagers and then in the afternoon again with even younger ones..

Many of these kids are fat; walk into any fast food western joint and the Thai people will be fatter than those not eating there...

Western fast food is negatively impacting the "wealthy" Thai population who allow their kids and themselves to indulge there...

Skinny poor Thai kids can't afford to eat there but they would be sucked in if they could...

CB

The place is not even built yet and NOTHING BUT RUMORS on what new restaurants will be going in at Meechock and I do mean RUMORS and the anti fast food vigilante mob is out there attacking. Get a Life and eat some Dunkin Donuts and Twinkies. :):D

Nearly all of the stores that were torn down have been relocated to other places in Meechok Plaza. The post office is a small kiosk outside of Bud's. The Vietnamese restaurant is beside Praties and the Coffee Bus is behind Rimping on the other side.

Post Office??? I've lived here 2 years and have never seen a Post Office?

I agree, I have never seen a post office in that location before either.

However, thanks for all the information on this. I think that from what most of you have said the only conclusive opening will be a Mcdonalds/MK restaurant and a bunch of a/c rental shops for rent; I was just unsure as to what they were doing.

On the subject of building I have also heard that Central are planning another shopping plaza - possibly towards doi saket.

That rumor about Central has been on going for 2 years. The one I heard was across from Meechock plaza.

Someone is building a new shopping complex behind Chiang Mai Good View Hotel, I was asked if I would take a shop