Double Entry Tourist Visa.

Hi.

Two quick questions regarding double entry tourist visas.

Is it true you must leave the country after the first entry(60 days) expires before the second entry begins.

How many days are you allowed before the second entry will start.

Example: I get a double entry Tourist Visa (120 days). Arrive in Thailand June 1st Entry begins.

Would I be required to complete my full 120 day tourist visa by the end of September or could the second entry spill over into October?

Thanks.

TC.

Tourist visa will only give you 60 days permission to stay on each entry, and you will have to do a border run to exit/re-enter the Kingdom to activate second 60 day period of stay. What you can do is to obtain 30 day extension from Thai immigration (can be done on each entry if required), cost 1,900 baht a time, stretching the visa stay period from 120 to nearly 150/180 days depending upon your plans.

The second entry has to be made while the visa is still valid - once you have entered the validity of the visa is immaterial - you are on a 60 day permitted to stay stamp and that can be extended another 30 days..

Thanks.

But in terms of my second question, My first 60 day tourist visa starts when I arrive in Thailand. How much time am I allowed before the second 60 days kicks in.

Example: Can I leave Thailand after 60 days then stay in Cambodia for 1 month, return and my second entry remains valid? Or is there a time limit when I must envoke my full TV.

It depends on the ENTER BEFORE or MUST BE UTILIZED BEFORE date on your Visa.

Some Embassies will give you Visa with a 3month validity only , others will give you a visa with a 6 month validity.

You must enter Thailand before that date in order to be able to activate another 60days stay.