Retirement Visa

I had to let my retirement visa lapse for a few months, staying here on tourist visas,

Back on track now and all ready for retirement visa again, this week at Udon, now, do i need a medical certificate,as was the first time i applied?

Thanks, Lickey..

The requirement for a medical was ditched years ago.

Can the Moderators, or anyone with recent experience, confirm if what Lite Beer is saying is correct ? I find it hard to believe. Even younger foreigners, when applying for Non-Imm. "B" Visas/Work Permits are required to obtain a Medical Certificate.

The requirement for a medical was ditched years ago.

Can the Moderators, or anyone with recent experience, confirm if what Lite Beer is saying is correct ? I find it hard to believe. Even younger foreigners, when applying for Non-Imm. "B" Visas/Work Permits are required to obtain a Medical Certificate.

Please accept the advice from Lite Beer. He helped me with retirement extension last year and his information was right on.

There has been no requirement for a medical cert. when applying for a 12 month extension for retirement for years.

Having said that one or two offices were a bit slow on the uptake and still asked for one.

Even if you did have to get one they cost around 50 baht and take a couple of minutes to get.

I think you will not find anyone having required to provide a medical certificate for a retirement extension lately.

I did not need one last January in Udon Thani nor the previous years in Nong Khai nor Bangkok before.

I needed one soooo long ago I can't remember when that was, Alzheimer hitting me? :)

Edited by tartempion

I think you will not find anyone having required to provide a medical certificate for a retirement extension lately.

I did not need one last January in Udon Thani nor the previous years in Nong Khai nor Bangkok before.

I needed one soooo long ago I can't remember when that was, Alzheimer hitting me? :)

As Lite beer said, it is not according to the oficial rules to ask for it. But Nan and I believe Pitsanulok still require it, and maybe one or two other immigration offices.

There has been no requirement for a medical cert. when applying for a 12 month extension for retirement for years.

Having said that one or two offices were a bit slow on the uptake and still asked for one.

Even if you did have to get one they cost around 50 baht and take a couple of minutes to get.

The 2 offices that I know still require the medical certificates for extension of retirement stays are Nan and Phu Sing

They are easy to get but if you need them better have them ready before you submit your application or you might need to make an extra trip which for some is a full day driving there and back.

"I find it hard to believe. Even younger foreigners, when applying for Non-Imm. "B" Visas/Work Permits are required to obtain a Medical Certificate."

A medical cert is required for a WP.

In the above quote, the imm and WP processes were lumped together, when in fact they are two separate things.

Sorry to confuse everyone but when I extended my visa (retirement) in Feb. at Pong Nam Ron a medical certificate was required. As stated before even if not required by law for 30bt I will carry one from now on.............

As Lite beer said, it is not according to the oficial rules to ask for it. But Nan and I believe Pitsanulok still require it, and maybe one or two other immigration offices.

Yes Phits & Nan requires medical certificates for retirement extensions. I went to Nan last year but now come under

the Phits office. Telephoned the Immigration office last week to confirm as I am up for renewal by 26th May.

Its the same form for Thai driving licence. This towns Poly clinic knock them out for 50 Baht now, but you do get weighed and have your blut taken (BP) as the pretty young nurse tells you!.

Yes Phits & Nan requires medical certificates for retirement extensions. I went to Nan last year but now come under

the Phits office. Telephoned the Immigration office last week to confirm as I am up for renewal by 26th May.

Its the same form for Thai driving licence. This towns Poly clinic knock them out for 50 Baht now, but you do get weighed and have your blut taken (BP) as the pretty young nurse tells you!.

Today I extended my permission to stay at Phitsanulok immigration. Although I had it with me they did not ask for this paper. Application form; copies of the passport pages and my embassy letter was all they needed

Got my visa today, no problem, no medical, [udon Thani] but i seem to remember when they first opened, it was required, as we all know, every office is different, so perhaps phone in advance if youve a long way to go,

Thanks Lickey,,