Thirty-five Dead In Worsening Bangkok Violence

webfact

Money, corruption, intimidation, violence.

The Thaksin way.

You support him.

where from did you get that idea ???

there has never been any corruption, intimidation, violence in Thailand

how could Thaksin have learned anything like this if not from his predecessors ?

can you blame him if he was better in it than his teachers ??

Yes, of course you can, and should blame him. He should be held fully responsible for his treasonous acts both financially and criminally!!!

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The most amusing comment so far concerns rejection of UN arbitration out of hand. Why??? Sorry, say that again!

I think most people will accept UN arbitration of the situation...*AFTER* the reds leave Bangkok and return home.

After all, once the completely fair and impartial UN comes to investigate the crisis, they no longer have any legitimate concern to stay in Bangkok. Their sole reason for being here was so that they could get an impartial investigation into April 10. (Oh, sorry...I guess it was charge Abhisit and Suthep for that crime without any supporting evidence.) Same, same in red speak though.

Reds want UN intervention? Offer to leave Bangkok and go home in exchange for it. You will probably be surprised at the support you get. People who commit crimes on both sides should not be absolved, and the government has already said they will reinstitute the road map if the reds leave.

Otherwise, their calls are nothing more than spin doctoring by a group of terrorists who don't like the fact that the oppressed are finally standing up to their bullying.

Thais are too proud to admit that they need help for once !

That's exactly why the reds asked for it, knowing that the government couldn't give in.

and so they get, what they want : prolongation of the situation, which will undoubtedly hurt the government more and more, - not a fine, but certainly a very effectful tactic!

"No governments allow any organisations to intervene in their internal affairs," spokesman Panitan Wattanayagorn said.

<<< WHAT????

The whole pitch patch political system in Thailand is a Made in Europe, corruption susceptible pile of garbage that has been bubbling and fomenting for 80 years. The Khana Ratsadon, 'the fathers of democracy' were squabbling among themselves before they even came back from France and England.

Saying Thailand has never been interfered with is like saying a mama san is a virgin! FCS!!!

The Joseph Solution is a partly made in Canada and partly "Made in Thailand" political design which 95% of Thais would agree to!

It does NOT require the UN, but to follow the agenda of The Joseph Plan to bring about Stability and Peace, with the elimination of Corruption.

Hello . Do you have a web link to the Joseph solution ?

What is it ?

Try Google

the biggest mistake the yellow have made in this whole situation is continually underestimating red support both in BKK and country wide. One art from major paper said that in the evening over the past weeks... the numbers would often swell to 100,000 people. This not from a blogger, but a major publication. Low end 15,000, they said, but every evening big numbers...upwards of 100,000.

Not now for sure.

No...not now...but even just before this recent crackdown...but no press reported those numbers...i suspected though, as photos were sometimes daunting is their numbers...

I read in an earlier News article that protesters who took their children to the protesters side refuse to send them home or to a safer place... I must say, this is a really irresponsible act of any parent joining the UDD.

I'm so anxious to take the poor children away from those parents and put them into a safer place and send them to adoption because those parents do not set a right example for the children. How can they even call themselves parents.

Otherwise it's no wonder that Thailand's population is decreasing because those types of parents are so stubborn putting thier children and themselves into grave danger. Their children will die under gunfire, and when their parents die, who's gonna take care of them? Secondly if those kids ever survive somehow, someway, they will plot revenge on the future government when they grow up...

You are an American, aren't you? :) It is so common in US to take children from parents and to put them on medications that make them complete idiots, like many Americans are. You are so rude and to easy-going to violence against rights of other people that no wonder to see that such Americans are killing hundred thousands of innocent people in Irak, Afhanistan, Serbia, Somalia, and anywhere esle where the U.S. has interests. Low birth rate in Thailand is because poor Thai women start to work before they are 16 and men in Isan and other rural areas of Thailand cannot earn enough money to support a family. So, the reds are fighting for the right of all people of Thailand to have kids and to have a family, for the right to be treated equally to the shitty "elite" of Thailand, for the right to get proper educations for kids. So, the parents are ready to die for better future of own kinds and without better future the life of them and their children has no sense. I love Thai commoners, I love them even more now when I see how brave and strong they are. As for the "elite" of Bangkok, I met before some "academics". I see how low is the level of them in intellectual abilities. We see the same in actions of the present government of Thailand that is from the same stupid elite. It is because poor people have no way to get education and to get to the upper levels of the Thai society to serve own country. Personally, I am very cautious about Thaksin but he is a hero of simple people, commoners, as he is a self-made billionaire and former PM. He is not an an angel but he is so much better of the present PM and anyone from all shitty elite that are ready to kill kids, monks, reporters and foreigners as well as any poor Thai citizen for the keeping of a "status quo" and for keeping a stratified society in Thailand. The time of them is gone. People are fighting for freedom and justice not for Thuksin and they win. We are witnessing a birth of a new democratic Thailand. I wish only that nobble king of Thailand would interfere and stand above the shitty elite for all people of Thailand. Otherwise, there will be no more king in Thailand, and this is not what Thai people and me, personally, want to see. Long live the king, Free elections and democracy to Thai people.

To judge from your English, you're not American either. But you score pretty high for your average brain-dead Fox News viewer...

[but the reds DID NOT win a majority in the last election. Have you found the time to look at the results of the last election?

they certainly did win and therefore formed the government, with mr Somsak as PM, then their party was again dissolved in a similar way to the TRT, they again formed the government with the new party and then the PM was ousted for hosting a cooking show on TV while being PM, after that one group led by Mr. Newin Chidchob broke away and formed a coalition with the minority Ddemocrats.

just as a reminder : when the TRT was dissolved, the case was pending aginst the democrat party too, and even the then Coup leader wanted both parties to be dissolved, but that was not allowed to be.

They did not 'win', what they did was to gather a coalition of parties, the same as in the UK, Sweden etc. And the same as is in Thailand now.

And the party dissolvement was way after Samak had to step down for 1 day sue to his cooking show. When he was going to be voted back in Thaksin withdrew his support as Samak had too much of his own head and Thaksin instructed that Somchai should be new PM instead and it was put forward to the vote in the parliament.

Thaksin had enough of Samak and instructed that Somchai got elected?

OMG, that is dumbest yellow channel PAD propaganda, what a BS. No surprise that you also don't get the current events right.

Right, because you are aware of the fact that Samak could have been PM again with the same vote that elected Somchai, if the party supported him? But one phonecall from the middle east and then Thaksins brother in law was nominated instead...imagine that.

Since the democrats got slightly more votes than the PPP, he has slightly more populare mandate than Samak or Somchai had.

regardless of who got more or less votes, or if he has or hasn't a popular vote, the actual situation is very critical and as he (and the ones behind him giving him the orders what to do) have shown no ability to solve the current crisis, how can more bloodshed be avoided ?

that's what the post is (or was) about, and so far there hasn't been any constructive idea, other then hoping to get HMK to be "Deus ex machina".

Does that mean, that nobody cares if another 5-6000 people are going to die ?

We care, hence why we hope the red shirts on stage announce that all women, children, elder etc that are camping out there should go home.

You comment youtube videos? Youtube is truly the place for any sane discussion, as anybody knows that almost only intellectuals, academics and experts with the best knowledge on the subject write well worded and deep thought comments on youtube.

As you do it too, so you must be one of them. Amazing.

Did you wrote an SMS recently or used the twitter channel?

Tell us more, keep us updated. I really like your FACTS.

I clearly wrote 'comment a video' not 'had a discussion on Youtube'.

But like a true Red Shirt you are unable to read past your own agenda.

And yes, I and many millions write comments on videos on youtube, facebook etc, when they are funny, crazy, sad or other. That is why the comment feature exists. In the future maybe you can learn it too. It is not scary.

But your post was just a red herring to hide the fact that I had evidence on hand that there is revolutionary elements within the ranks of Red Shirts that is of such bad caliber that even most Red Shirts would reject them. Lets just hope they are not the ones gaining control of the movement.

Edited by TAWP

rotesters attempt to blow up oil tanker at Bon Kai clashing site

Live broadcast from Chanel 3 at 5:50 pm Monday showed protesters trying to blow up an oil tanker outside a petrol station near the Bon Kai community close to Soi Ngam Duplee on Rama IV Road.

The TV live broadcast using 3G connection showed that certain bullets hit the oil tank of oil truck but no explosion occurred yet.

Rubber tyres were burning near the oil tanker.

The station said a protester drove the truck out of the petrol station and left it in front of the station.

-- The Nation 2010-05-17

Ok, here's my question. A protester drove a fuel tanker into the street. If he was shot dead, would that be wrong?

I read in an earlier News article that protesters who took their children to the protesters side refuse to send them home or to a safer place... I must say, this is a really irresponsible act of any parent joining the UDD.

I'm so anxious to take the poor children away from those parents and put them into a safer place and send them to adoption because those parents do not set a right example for the children. How can they even call themselves parents.

Otherwise it's no wonder that Thailand's population is decreasing because those types of parents are so stubborn putting thier children and themselves into grave danger. Their children will die under gunfire, and when their parents die, who's gonna take care of them? Secondly if those kids ever survive somehow, someway, they will plot revenge on the future government when they grow up...

You are an American, aren't you? :) It is so common in US to take children from parents and to put them on medications that make them complete idiots, like many Americans are. You are so rude and to easy-going to violence against rights of other people that no wonder to see that such Americans are killing hundred thousands of innocent people in Irak, Afhanistan, Serbia, Somalia, and anywhere esle where the U.S. has interests. Low birth rate in Thailand is because poor Thai women start to work before they are 16 and men in Isan and other rural areas of Thailand cannot earn enough money to support a family. So, the reds are fighting for the right of all people of Thailand to have kids and to have a family, for the right to be treated equally to the shitty "elite" of Thailand, for the right to get proper educations for kids. So, the parents are ready to die for better future of own kinds and without better future the life of them and their children has no sense. I love Thai commoners, I love them even more now when I see how brave and strong they are. As for the "elite" of Bangkok, I met before some "academics". I see how low is the level of them in intellectual abilities. We see the same in actions of the present government of Thailand that is from the same stupid elite. It is because poor people have no way to get education and to get to the upper levels of the Thai society to serve own country. Personally, I am very cautious about Thaksin but he is a hero of simple people, commoners, as he is a self-made billionaire and former PM. He is not an an angel but he is so much better of the present PM and anyone from all shitty elite that are ready to kill kids, monks, reporters and foreigners as well as any poor Thai citizen for the keeping of a "status quo" and for keeping a stratified society in Thailand. The time of them is gone. People are fighting for freedom and justice not for Thuksin and they win. We are witnessing a birth of a new democratic Thailand. I wish only that nobble king of Thailand would interfere and stand above the shitty elite for all people of Thailand. Otherwise, there will be no more king in Thailand, and this is not what Thai people and me, personally, want to see. Long live the king, Free elections and democracy to Thai people.

You may be living under a rock or have no access to a television or radio. This is bought & paid for by Taksin & it is solely about the poorly departed funds(ill gotten gains) the government has relieved Takki baby of . Unfortunately the demise of the reds are being used as bait for the puppet master to try to mount a last ditch effort to rise back to power. To bad the reds have been duped & it is all in vain. The only democracy here is in the mind of the imaginers.

If you can't see the reality of this back under the rock

This reporting just sucks! The headline says 35 dead. The story, (fairy tale) puts no time line on it.

I know I am not in the USA, but if someone put out a headline like that, they would explain it in the body of the story! Thirty Five dead since 1990? Since 3 weeks ago? Or last night? It sounds like they all died last night according to the headline.

Reminds me of the (Polish joke) sorry to all my Polish friends, I really do not have a prejudiced bone in my body. My close friends know that, but I have to make a point.

Dateline Poland. Twin engine Cessna crashes into graveyard. Death count at 225 and more casualties expected.

The reporting on this site really is at that level. It's all about sensationalism, getting people sucked in then providing no substance.

I think maybe the reporting is even worse than the events.

The Thai Govenment is trying for the record of the biggest mass murder in the world and they are closing in. Throw us a few more babies and children and we will kill them. Pol Pot is starting to look like an angel compared to this Asbist person.

Hyperbole propaganda from the extremists again...

The problem is that Thailand do not have real democrazy with a free and unpolitical court system which can put the politicians and others to jail if they break the law. Nobody trusts the system anymore, neither the reds nor the yellows. What happens if the reds wins the elections next time. The yellow will start demonstrations and close the airport. If the yellow side wins the reds will demonstrate. If the politicians do not do something to develop the North East of the country it be recruting area for rebels for many years to come. The deaths will be revenged, be sure of that.

By the way, strange with so many people shot in the head when the military claimed they would only shoot after the legs. This is a disgrace for Amazing Thailand.

The Thai Govenment is trying for the record of the biggest mass murder in the world and they are closing in. Throw us a few more babies and children and we will kill them. Pol Pot is starting to look like an angel compared to this Asbist person.

1. you obviously know nothing about Pol Pot. He wouldn't even look like an angel next to Hitler or Stalin

2. You might just as easily blame Thaksin, Seh Daeng or Weng for their deaths

3. Can you imagine the US, UK or German response to armed insurrection in their capitals. The only difference is that it wouldn't have gone on for so long

I hope they stop firing at the security forces, hand in their weapons as no more blood needs to be shed.

Thailand have problems to deal with situations like this, this is not a democratic country with laws that thais will respect.

We can always hope that they will learn from their mistakes , but I doubt it.

They could all go home, instead of supporting the armed red thugs terrorizing the area.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or just undercover trying to make the reds look like idiots

It is making me feel so sick to see how the yellow shirt elite are slaughtering inocent poor people.

Enough of your ignorant double talk, the reds declared this war that is a fact. They have thumbed their noses at Thai law and the majority of the Thai people who's lives they have screwed with for 2 months now.

The reds are not here for peace, or too negotiate. They are here to increase chaos and the body count so that they can try and spin it for their own benefit (and Taksin's benefit). Why else would you hold an infant up on a wall of tires in front of armed soldiers that are being fired at and are firing back?

Does this look like an unarmed, peaceful guy to you here? Or maybe another fake red?

http://www.life.com/image/99594324/in-gall...ror-in-thailand

If you really want peace, take one of the governments many offers and go home!!! Elections will come, but is that what this is really about? Obviously not.

Taksin you can say whatever you want but the world knows what you are about. The Thais might not have seen your kind before but many around the world have witnessed truly evil and greedy (possibly insane), men like yourself are capable of and your ridiculous claims at this point will fall on deaf ears (except for the few you have managed to brainwash or buy).

The problem is that Thailand do not have real democrazy with a free and unpolitical court system which can put the politicians and others to jail if they break the law. Nobody trusts the system anymore, neither the reds nor the yellows. What happens if the reds wins the elections next time. The yellow will start demonstrations and close the airport. If the yellow side wins the reds will demonstrate. If the politicians do not do something to develop the North East of the country it be recruting area for rebels for many years to come. The deaths will be revenged, be sure of that.

By the way, strange with so many people shot in the head when the military claimed they would only shoot after the legs. This is a disgrace for Amazing Thailand.

Very true but the yellows will have to give up a Lat'e and I do not really think they will budge that much. Remember the reds are the servants of the yellows.

Agreed. The reds are going to get very few votes. :)

"popular mandate" is a useless term.

some basic info for those who don't understand it :

"the reds" are not a party, that is a movement, as were "the yellows" some time ago

a "term" exists in schools, universities, offices...,

knowledge of basic english would help when posting !

I agree, but you seem to lack it. Try an online dictionary, you will find more than one meaning for "term".

Pay no attention to the faults of others,

things done or left undone or said by others.

Consider only what by oneself is done or left undone.

Can one by those words here really consider oneself any better ?

Tolerance and restraint is required here not hate, you posters here who wish harm put on others are just as bad by your very hostile words as any of those on the streets on either side.

Hyperbole propaganda from the extremists again...

Never took a side until I now see the thai government rounding up people like lambs and slaughtering them as if they were pieces of shit. Just goes to show how the yellow shirts the thai rich, famous and elite see human life. The yellow shirts should be ashamed they are slaughtering humans but I guess they think they can always get another worker from Mayamar to replace the shit they just killed to scrub the yellow shirt toilet.

It is making me feel so sick to see how the yellow shirt elite are slaughtering inocent poor people.

You are a sick human being that deserves help.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or just undercover trying to make the reds look like idiots

He's overdosed on red bulls in sympathy with the motorcycle taxi drivers.

Asbist...Adbost...Abgist...Arrist...Adlist...hic!

I have held off posting any comment on TV as comments never seem to bring about much thought by people of opposing views. The forum is too often a place to find posts that support your view and opposing posts to rail against. This is true from both sides of the problem. I have read much on this forum and many other places as well as talking first hand with people who are affected by the situation (both Thais and foreigners). It is from all of these sources that I have formed the following opinion.

I find myself somewhere in the middle regarding this increasingly sad period in Thai history. I have a lot of sympathy for the poor working class in the country and find the deeply ingrained corruption very debilitating. I would gladly and vigorously support a movement intended to improve the lives of this large group of people. Even though there are undoubtedly many amongst the red shirt supporters who feel the same way I find I cannot support their movement due to the opportunistic manipulation by some of their leaders and the largest benefactor from the rebellion, Mr Thaksin.

Without the fringe element of ego-maniacal and self-serving leaders and their small number of fervent militant red-shirt supporters I suspect there would be a lot of support both within Thailand and internationally for a grass roots movement intended to genuinely improve the lives of the poor. Furthermore it might truly result in significant and long-lasting positive change for the country.

I have listened to interviews with some very well educated and selfless members of the red shirts who clearly want the best for the country. Why they ever aligned themselves with tyrants and why they continue to do so is something I fail to comprehend. These people need to trust in the base goodness of the majority and sever ties with the militants. I am sure if this were done then the violence would stop and real progress could be made.

Don't get me wrong, I am not supporting the government either. I find it amazing that they didn't see this coming and take steps to prevent it many months ago. They needed to reach out to the working class majority both in communication and action. They needed to make significant changes that would have made it much more difficult for the likes of Thaksin to take advantage of the disenfranchised. It's not too late as well... they will undoubtedly have a chance to do this once the protest ends. If they don't reach out in a significant way to these poor people before the next election then this endless yo-yo of protests is bound to continue.

Speaking of the next election... I agree that it is an essential step to reconciliation. However, an election must be free from the self-serving influence of Thaksin and his associates. That means that it is very important to ensure, as much as possible, that anyone wanting to run in the election is doing so to serve all the people of Thailand not just a fringe elite (from either side of the divide). If it is not then there will be considerable doubt about the democratic nature of such an election. More than anything any suspicion of an undemocratic process would cause the hole to get deeper and more difficult to climb out of.

None of this is easy... but in my opinion it all is essential.

Trolling?

If I find it sickening the slaugter of people by the thai elite is trolling then you have some serious problems. I do not like to see people slaughted in the streets and my speaking up about this is trolling then so be it. I am a human being and not something from hel_l that you seem to be to support such killings.

"Yellow shirt elite"?

"Slaughtering"?

That's the trolling part.

I hope no one else is killed. The reds should go home. Everyone knows what they want - Elections NOW. They are not going to get that. So there is no point staying out there to fight against the army.

All the poor innocent protestors??? They declare war on the Government, try to impose their will on the rest of the country (us that democracy???). They are using old women and children as human shields, they are every bit as bad as the Taliban and that lot. I am sure if you ask the Taliban they will say they are fighting for the majority of the population too.

Lets not forget this leader came to power unelected. If the process was democratic the new leader would have called an election long ago to confirm his support of the people.

Check the laws. Check the history. Abhisit is elected. He doesn't need to have an election until it's scheduled in Dec 2011.