Thousands Of Thai Protesters Defy Deadline To Leave

webfact

Remember Takkys mob saying they will fine shops 200,000 baht for displaying cigs. Cp has 5000+ 7 elevens lots of 0s that. I could never understand a Takky thing about closing supermarkets early to save fuel...maybe CP has a few supermarkets..Lotus Tesco . Takky was nibbling with sharks

CP's business in Thailand is diddly squat in their total.

They are the only true Thai multinational. Their investments in China are up there with any major multinational investing there. They are an Asian giant.

As the very first overseas company that invested in the Chinese mainland after the implementation of its open-up policy in 1978, CP witnessed every steps in China's development in the past 30 years from 1979 to 2009, and at the same time the company itself grew ever bigger.

Being the businessman who has an investment of nearly six billion U.S. dollars and 213 firms in China, Dhanin said he believes China's market still has enormous potentials, with even more opportunities than 30 years ago.

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90...83/6882533.html

I didn't know they were the first, but I knew they were big. Imagine that, of all the companies that have invested in China, they were the first. Astonishing and a great company. 213 firms. Astonishing.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Invade hospital yes and wrong

Shoot RPG at hotel . Any proof ? None

Bring children in hot fire zone . yes wrong

Set city on fire . A few tires yes , not city .

Shooting at civilians with live bullets : yes and wrong

Shooting 10 yo boy yes and wrong

Why dont you cut the BS and stick to facts

The RPG was shot at the Dusit Thani by the yellow mob protesting in Lumpini Park.

Or was it the army that are further down Silom (and therefore can't see the hotel).

It was the reds. There was no one else around.

I also read in numerous reports that when a tire fire (yes, I am American) caught a building on fire, the Red Shirts scrambled and put out the blaze themselves. They are not out to destroy the city or its infrastructure.

Seat on Human Rights Council a saving grace for Thailand

By Kavi Chongkittavorn

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Thailand's election to the UN Human Rights Council last week saved the country from sinking deeper into the abyss. The hard-won seat, which came at the height of street tensions and battles, showed that the country still enjoyed a good reservoir of support among the international community. Scoring the second highest votes of 182 after Maldives at 185, they did better than the other 12 countries, including Spain, Switzerland and Poland

If you quote the rest of this article it will say they only got this seat bcos of the backing of the USA. Then the USA needs to appease Thailand to carrying on with its cloak and dagger activities. This discussion started to get to the real issues, keep up with current posts..please

If Abhisit made the SAME offer as before, but added you must ALL DISPERSE NOW, do you think the red leaders (now that General Deang is gone) would say yes or no? I don't think they deserve the same offer as before, but curious about whether they would take it or just use it as an excuse to bring in armed reinforcements.

You really think one man makes that big of a deal. They seem to get on just fine without him.

The Reds wrote a blank check to the government and the government ripped it in half.

Can't believe the government is just standing by idly to this nonsense.

Remember Takkys mob saying they will fine shops 200,000 baht for displaying cigs. Cp has 5000+ 7 elevens lots of 0s that. I could never understand a Takky thing about closing supermarkets early to save fuel...maybe CP has a few supermarkets..Lotus Tesco . Takky was nibbling with sharks

CP's business in Thailand is diddly squat in their total.

They are the only true Thai multinational. Their investments in China are up there with any major multinational investing there. They are an Asian giant.

As the very first overseas company that invested in the Chinese mainland after the implementation of its open-up policy in 1978, CP witnessed every steps in China's development in the past 30 years from 1979 to 2009, and at the same time the company itself grew ever bigger.

Being the businessman who has an investment of nearly six billion U.S. dollars and 213 firms in China, Dhanin said he believes China's market still has enormous potentials, with even more opportunities than 30 years ago.

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90...83/6882533.html

I didn't know they were the first, but I knew they were big. Imagine that, of all the companies that have invested in China, they were the first. Astonishing and a great company. 213 firms. Astonishing.

Not exactly chicken feed but a lot more than Takky

http://www.cpthailand.com/CorporateCommuni...ops-B10-bn.aspx

By Kavi Chongkittavorn

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Thailand's election to the UN Human Rights Council last week saved the country from sinking deeper into the abyss. The hard-won seat, which came at the height of street tensions and battles, showed that the country still enjoyed a good reservoir of support among the international community. Scoring the second highest votes of 182 after Maldives at 185, they did better than the other 12 countries, including Spain, Switzerland and Poland

Sorry! What is the point here. There were 4 seats for asia and only 4 nominations. So, Thailand and the other 3 countries that nominated originally 5 but Iran withdrew were elected. Well Done.

Bangkok braced for bloodshed as Red Shirts vow no surrender

Hospitals in Bangkok were preparing for bloodshed tonight, after anti-government Red Shirt protesters ignored an ultimatum to abandon their occupation of central Bangkok, and the leaders of the demonstration promised to die rather than give in to the authorities.

An aeroplane dropped leaflets urging protesters to leave immediately and warning that anyone caught inside the area faced two years in prison. But after the 3pm [9am UK time] deadline passed, several thousand people remained in the protest area, which has been sealed off and fortified with towering barricades of rubber tires and bamboo poles.

“If you insist on brutality, we will stay here persistently, and we will tell out people, ‘Do not be afraid’,” said Weng Tojirakarn, a senior Red Shirt leader. “Stay here, do not fight back, and let them shoot us.”

The Rajvithee Hospital, which is closest to the protest site, confirmed that it had 40 ambulances on standby and had made ready 190 beds, in case of a crackdown by the Thai army, which has killed at least 37 people and injured close to 300 more since last Thursday.

“The operation (to disperse) will be executed as soon as possible,” said Satit Wonghnongtaey, a minister attached to the office of the prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva. “The authorities will do everything possible … including broadcast radio messages, police loudspeaker trucks and leaflets.” But both sides still held out the faint possibility of a compromise, suggesting that even at the moment of greatest tension a peaceful solution was being discussed behind the scenes.

“The government is ready to go forward with negotiation when the situation is defused, when the protest ends, violence ends and attacks on authorities end,” said Panitan Wattanayagorn, spokesman for Mr Abhisit. “We insist they have to be sincere to make every effort to return the country to normality … This sincerity must be reflected by their action to bring back peace.”

Doctors announced the death in hospital of Major General Khattiya Sawasdiphol, a militant supporter of the Red Shirts, who was suspected by many Thais of organising a covert militia to fight off attempts to break up the demonstrations. General Khattiya was shot in the head last Thursday during an interview with an American reporter by an unidentified sniper.

Red Shirts in the central stronghold in the Ratchaprasong district wept as a song was sung to honour him. At his funeral a few hours later, mourners angrily tore apart bouquets sent by the Thai armed forces.

Despite the existence of a supposed blockade, supplies of food, water and tires for constructing barricades were still entering Ratchaprasong. A new protest base has been established to the south-east at the Bon Kai intersection beneath one of Bangkok’s elevated expressways, and young men continued to play a dangerous cat and mouse game with soldiers along the Rama IV road in front of it, throwing fireworks and petrol bombs and ducking down side alleys when the soldiers fire their rifles.

The government has frozen 106 personal and business bank accounts of leading Red Shirts and of companies associated with Thaksin Shinawatra, the former prime minister whose ejection from power in a 2006 coup was the beginning of the protest movement.

Thaksin issued a statement demanding that the United Nations be allowed to mediate an end to the crisis – a possibility that has been rejected by the government. “The present action of the government dishonour our history and will forever weaken our institutions and democracy,” said Thaksin, who lives in exile, through his lawyers.

“The pictures that I have seen go beyond any nightmares that could have been envisaged. I have no choice but to state resolutely the need for all sides to step back from this terrible abyss and seek to begin a new, genuine and sincere dialogue between the parties.”

There have been reports of splits among the protest leaders, with some of them favouring a compromise to bring an end to the confrontation, but Dr Weng insisted that they were united. He also called for direct intervention by foreign governments to pressure the government.

“Let all the civilised countries of the world know [the truth of what is happening],” he said. “We cannot walk out of here, because they will shoot us with snipers. “People all over the world are a brotherhood. How can they let their brothers be killed by this government?”

Times Online

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle7128691.ece

By Kavi Chongkittavorn

The Nation

Sorry! What is the point here. There were 4 seats for asia and only 4 nominations. So, Thailand and the other 3 countries that nominated originally 5 but Iran withdrew were elected. Well Done.

The seat was not guaranteed and even though it is still an honor regardless ... "they did better than the other 12 countries, including Spain, Switzerland and Poland"

By Kavi Chongkittavorn

The Nation

Point accepted..thank you

baby in a warzone is just WRONG!!!!!!!!!! what's up with you red murder!!!!!!

No a baby in a war zone is fine if you are amart (the elite royalist people) because he is only isaan so he is not woth worrying about face up to it that is how the yellows think and dont worry they will be got rid of by the Thai population sooner rather than later. :)

Where do the elite red shirts and poor yellow shirts fit into your narrow and distorted paradigm?

And yes, using your own child as a human shield is just Wrong. Period. No excuses accepted.

Edited by KMUTT

I also read in numerous reports that when a tire fire (yes, I am American) caught a building on fire, the Red Shirts scrambled and put out the blaze themselves. They are not out to destroy the city or its infrastructure.

That's not what Red leader Arisaman said in his often-posted youtube video. He talked about destroying Bangkok.

Burning it to the ground along with destroying all Muslim mosques and NGO's and bridges and hospitals.

Edited by KMUTT

baby in a warzone is just WRONG!!!!!!!!!! what's up with you red murder!!!!!!

No a baby in a war zone is fine if you are amart (the elite royalist people) because he is only isaan so he is not woth worrying about face up to it that is how the yellows think and dont worry they will be got rid of by the Thai population sooner rather than later. :)

Where do the elite red shirts and poor yellow shirts fit into your narrow and distorted paradigm?

And yes, using your own child as a human shield is just Wrong. Period. No excuses accepted.

Sad that some people need to be told this.

By Kavi Chongkittavorn

The Nation

The seat was not guaranteed and even though it is still an honor regardless ... "they did better than the other 12 countries, including Spain, Switzerland and Poland"

Well the UN has now called for negotiations.

UN rights chief urges Thais to negotiate end to violence

will the take any notice or tell em to mind their own business again?

As far as I am concerned both the Government and the Red shirts are fools.

Edited by monkfish

If you get shot at with live bullets what would you do ?

Surrender, go home.

That says a lot about you! lol

This says a lot about the reds. (is it ok to write "lol" when they die?)

Bangkok braced for bloodshed as Red Shirts vow no surrender

Hospitals in Bangkok were preparing for bloodshed tonight, after anti-government Red Shirt protesters ignored an ultimatum to abandon their occupation of central Bangkok, and the leaders of the demonstration promised to die rather than give in to the authorities.

With that, they will surely get the higher fatality numbers that they seek.

By Kavi Chongkittavorn

The Nation

Well the UN has now called for negotiations.

will the take any notice or tell em to mind their own business again?

As far as I am concerned both the Government and the Red shirts are fools.

The UN High Commissioner said: "To prevent further loss of life, I appeal to the protestors to step back from the brink and the security forces to exercise maximum restraint in line with the instructions given by the government"

Would you call that boy looking over the tyres a human shield.I suggest you print something factual.My thioughts would have been,he is showing the boy to the soldiers to show that he is there.

NOW

If someone had said the boy should not be there i would have agreed but dont spout crap on here

Carrying a child to a barricade where you are likely to encounter violence and then showing the child IS using the child as a human shield. The child shouldn't be there and the parents should be tried for negligence! If the troops take fire from that area they are now faced with the moral quandry --- return fire knowing a child is there or accept the fire!

Mixing in non-combatants with combatants is the very definition of using human shields.

Since you like to quote definitions, what do you call someone that shoots in the back of the head and kills a person while that person is sitting in the open giving an interview to an internatiaonal reporter?

That's not what Red leader Arisaman said in his often-posted youtube video. He talked about destroying Bangkok.

Burning it to the ground along with destroying all Muslim mosques and NGO's and bridges and hospitals.

In this speech?

I like this game too

... Christiani & Nielsen (one of the largest construction firms ...

Sorry, for quoting this totally out of context ... and I can appreciate if you now don't remember the context from where you, yourself, pulled the quoted name.  However, if you do remember -  do you mind posting a link?

The UN High Commissioner said: "To prevent further loss of life, I appeal to the protestors to step back from the brink and the security forces to exercise maximum restraint in line with the instructions given by the government"

Well just so there is no misunderstanding better quote the whole article.

GENEVA (AFP) -- The UN's human rights chief called Monday on anti-government protesters and political leaders in Thailand to "set aside pride and politics" and negotiate an end to the violence in the country.

"Ultimately, this situation can only be resolved by negotiation. I urge leaders to set aside pride and politics for the sake of the people of Thailand," said Navi Pillay in a statement.

The political standoff in Thailand has left at least 37 people dead in violent street clashes between protestors and the army since Friday.

A leader of Thailand's anti-government "Red Shirt" protesters called a top aide to the prime minister Monday to propose a truce after several days of violent clashes in the capital, the aide said.

The Reds also called Sunday for UN-mediated talks to end the crisis.

However, the Thai government has rejected foreign involvement, saying it was an internal matter. Authorities had also set a deadline for protesters to clear out by 0800 GMT Monday.

"As the latest government deadline passes, there is a high risk that the situation could spiral out of control," the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights said.

"To prevent further loss of life, I appeal to the protestors to step back from the brink, and the security forces to exercise maximum restraint in line with the instructions given by the government," she added.

In this speech?

Seems to be an oldie and therefore perhaps outdated - a date of when he made that speach would be highly appreciated.

Would you call that boy looking over the tyres a human shield.I suggest you print something factual.My thioughts would have been,he is showing the boy to the soldiers to show that he is there.

NOW

If someone had said the boy should not be there i would have agreed but dont spout crap on here

That's what a human shield is - "don't shoot at us behind standing behind the red barricades because we have brought our children here."

And when you run out of children, bring in the monks.

post-16522-1274120038_thumb.jpg post-16522-1274120045_thumb.jpg post-16522-1274120052_thumb.jpg

Images from manager.co.th

In this speech?

No, in this expanded video one

He seems to want to take on just about every one.

Shameful he includes Siriraj Hospital in the destruction list.

Edited by KMUTT

In this speech?

Seems to be an oldie and therefore perhaps outdated - a date of when he made that speach would be highly appreciated.

Nope, this year. I believe in the early part of April before red shirts stole billions of dollars worth of private and public property from the Thai people.