Tot Internet

Thailand

Its not just TOT but all ISP in Thailand. I'm on AIS 3G and its hit and miss. Accessing domestic sites is OK but foreign sites next to impossible at time. AIS has taken their call system off its that bad. Its do to the happenings in Bangkok. All the band width is being taken up by the media reporting from Bangkok.

Yeap, I'm on the TOT 4Mb package and over the last two days the access to international sites has slowed down a LOT! Bloomberg.com is a good example as it's very slow...CNN is pulling up slower but still usable...etc. And when going to English language newspapers in Thailand like the Bangkok Post and Nation, they pull up slowly most of the time with the Bangkok Post being the worst...but I expect for these two papers their own servers are not up to the test.

Thailand,

TOT has been ongoing problems for me now, for weeks. Yesterday I had the problems you described. The day before different problems and just about every other day other different problems.

In the past 4 months we have placed in excess of 50 complaints about our service. I intend to errect a tyre and bamboo fence around their headquarters soon....a holes.

definitely a bangkok-influenced bandwidth issue. rather annoying that anyone actually living in thailand has to suffer crap internet connectivity so that all the people back home can see what's going on here.

All of the above...........but I would think with the poor service we all know we have it is to be expected at a time like this. Actually, I will give them some credit because it hasn't crashed or lost service at all for me here in Chiang Mai. TOT and 3G.

TOT being <deleted> is my fault. I just got back to Chiang Mai after three months away and had spent the day (Saturday) lavishing compliments for what appeared to be a 30-40% improvement. Should have known I'd jinx it. Sorry laddies.

One minor point of data however: the NY Times online seems to be getting express bandwidth, as it will load quite nicely, while other US websites time out, regardless of how light they are.