Bangkok Immigration Open 19 May.

Immigration at Cheang wattana opens again as of today!

Immigration Division1 at Soi SuanPlu and The Government Complex will open on 19th May, 2010. Immigration Division 1 is responsible for immigration services only for foreigners residing in Bangkok and services as follows;

- Service for Visa Issuing (NON.L-A), extension of stay permit and notification of address every 90 days, provided only for legalized special Labor of three Nationalities Loas, Cambodia and Mynmar residing in Bangkok. Contact at Immigration Division1 (Soi SuaPlu, Satorn Rd.) 1st Floor, Canteen Building (behind Building1) Tel. 0-2287-1982 or 0-2287-1983

- Please be advised that the One Stop Center for Visa and Work Permits located at Chamchuri Square will be closed on May 17, 2010 onwards until further notice. Services are temporarily available at the following locations:

1) BOI Expert Unit: 2nd Floor, Office of the Board of Investment 555 Vipavadee-Rangsit Rd, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900 Tel : 02 537 8111

2) Work Permits : Department of Employment, Ministry of Labor Tel : 0-2247-9423, 0-2248-4743 Hot line 1694

3) Particular Services for extension of temporary stay, Notification of address every 90 days, Re-entry Permit, Visa Issuing and Changing type of Visa , could be provided only for foreigners carrying out duties relating to the specific law : Immigration Act , Proleum Act/Board of Investment Act / Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand Act.

Contact Immigration Division1 at The Govenment Complex Commemorating His Majesty The King Chaengwattana, B Building (2nd Floor), Chaengwattana Road, Soi7, Laksi , Bangkok. For more detials call 0-2141-7892 or 087-3487026

- Available Services for extension of temporary stay in Thailand, Notofication of address every 90 days, Permanent Resident Permit, Visa Issuing and Changing type of Visa, Re-entry Permit, Alien Registration, Endorsement and Re-entry Visa for Resident Certificate holders. At The Govenment Complex Commemorating His Majesty The King Chaengwattana Tel : 0-2141-9889 , Fax : 0-2143-8228

- Service for Re-entry permit online by Stop & Stamp Contact at Immigration Division1 (Soi SuaPlu, Satorn Rd.) Counter 6-7 Room 102, 1st Floor, Building 1 Tel : 0-2287-1983

More Detail : http://bangkok.immigration.go.th

posted on19 May 2010

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...mp;section=news

Edit:

Warning

The decission to open immigration at Cheang wattana Road and Suan Plu was made yesterday, before the operation to clear the protest side started.

Suan Plu is in the danger zone and people should avoid traveling to there.

Also note that the Suan Plu Immigration office is only for nationals of neighbouring countries Loas, Cambodia and Mynmar residing in Bangkok.

Given the that the operation has started before the decison to open was made and the fact that Suan Plu is located in the danger zone, it is highly likely that they are closed any way. Persons who do need to visit Suan Plu are advised to call them first to check that they are open.

Government information hotline: 1111

Avoid traveling there if you can.

mario2008

Immigration at Cheang Wattana Road is open as usual.

Edit:

It also claims Suan Plu is open for nationals of neighbouring countries. Given the situation traveling to Suan Plu is not a wise thing at the moment. Stay safe and stay away from there.

I would not go if it involves transit of any danger areas (and they are changing). I would strongly object if fined and make a formal complaint to both Immigrantion and Embassy. In any case I would call direct or 1111 before travel. It is hard for them to act in a timely manner but there opening notice yesterday did not envision the conditions on the street today.

Warning

The dicission to open immigration at Cheang wattana Road and Suan Plu was made yesterday, before the operation to clear the protest side started.

Suan Plu is in the danger zone and people should avoid traveling to there.

Also note that the Suan Plu Immigration office is only for nationals of neighbouring countries Loas, Cambodia and Mynmar residing in Bangkok.

Given the that the operation has started before the decison to open was made and the fact that Suan Plu is located in the danger zone, it is highly likely that they are closed any way. Persons who do need to visit Suan Plu are advised to call them first to check that they are open.

Government information hotline: 1111

Avoid traveling there if you can.

What the F@*K does that mean???

They open Or Not?

Can no one in this country talk CLEARLY ????

CS

immigration bureau at Government Center Chaeng Wattana Building is really open today.

my friend just got his extension of ED visa 1 hour ago... he was in place at 8 am.... and he dont pay any fees for overstay (his visa finished yesterday 18).

thanx again to thaivisa where people are not able to give us REAL information........

makes a lot lot of people worrying for nothing, great website..............

i agree with u, in this forum, it see,s than just a few people are really able to talk clearly...........

but for blabla bla on every things no problems, a lot too much people are there.........

anyway, believe me, its really open but if u have to go, move quickly coz my friend told me than when he left hundreds people was waiting after him...............

Yeah redshirts are barricading that area(GOVERNMENT COMPLEX) now!! DO NOT GO!!! They just showed it on TV and I also live a few km's from it. Yeah an hour or so ago nothing was happening but now there is so i would stay away.

Edited by Caliguy

I went to wattana for my tourist visa extension. I took the expressway from onnut... cost me about 600 baht for the taxi's round trip. I left around 8:15 am and finished the visa process around 10:15. Traffic on wattana was heavy in the morning, but looked light coming back. Expressway traffic was light. Saw the smoke from the highway for Din Daeng... it was coming up a little over the expressway, but not bad enough that you could not see. My visa was supposed to done on monday the 17th, but they did not charge for overstay as i came in the first day after the "holiday". The line in the immigration office was very small. Not sure too many people know they are open. Most of the food places downstairs are closed, but the photo copier and photo place are open as are banks. I did not ever feel "unsafe" due to the red crackdown.

Yeah redshirts are barricading that area(GOVERNMENT COMPLEX) now!! DO NOT GO!!! They just showed it on TV and I also live a few km's from it. Yeah an hour or so ago nothing was happening but now there is so i would stay away.

:)

just came back from there and I saw nothing.

Was a good day to go there all done in 20 mns. No time to seat that they already call your number.

For the people who claim since yesterday that it's going to be close, next time check your info before and don't forget that in Thailand nothing is logical. :D

I went to wattana for my tourist visa extension. I took the expressway from onnut... cost me about 600 baht for the taxi's round trip. I left around 8:15 am and finished the visa process around 10:15. Traffic on wattana was heavy in the morning, but looked light coming back. Expressway traffic was light. Saw the smoke from the highway for Din Daeng... it was coming up a little over the expressway, but not bad enough that you could not see. My visa was supposed to done on monday the 17th, but they did not charge for overstay as i came in the first day after the "holiday". The line in the immigration office was very small. Not sure too many people know they are open. Most of the food places downstairs are closed, but the photo copier and photo place are open as are banks. I did not ever feel "unsafe" due to the red crackdown.

By the way... to the earlier poster. I went downstairs to eat after my visa process finished and did not exit the building until close to 11 am. I saw NO PROTESTERS. I saw a quiet army post that is stationed directly next to the immigration center. So, I don't know where you are getting your information.

Edited by bluecheesefan