Is Ther A Marriage Visa?

Greeting to all, I must say I have enjoyed the reading here. this is my first post and would like it a few of you could answer a question or two.

I have been in Thailand for 4 1/2 years. I am 45 and live on a trust. about 5,000usd a month. I have had several visas like 90day,classO, 2B visas. I am on my last two weeks of a 'B'. I have been with the same girl for 3 years and made a promise to marry her this year which we did last month. She has been to the U.S. with me and we got her visa in 2 days without any problems.

I bought a motocycle several years ago and last year bought a toyota4x4 paying cash. For the last year we have been building a 3 million bt. home in North Thailand. :o ( driving me crazy but almost done.)

My understanding is this.

1. I can not get a visa in Bangkok based on the present statious of my visa.

2. I should go to Panang, and take my marrige papers.

3. they will issue a classO visa.

4. take classO and the other requirements to the immigration office

5. they will then deside if I can get a....what?( what will they give me is the question)

and could you tell me just what are the requirments they may ask for at immigration.

thanks so much,regards

gonenorth

Basic requirement for a one year visa extension is 200k baht in a Thai bank account and providing a letter from the bank branch showing this that has been signed within a week of your application at immigration. The money should be shown from overseas as a wire transfer for easy approval.

As you currently have a non immigrant visa I would go to immigration first; maybe they will change to class O for you here if you both make a good impression. If not your trip to Penang would be the best and I would take wife along as a vacation. You will need marriage certificate copy and maybe her id card copy at that point. You would only require a single entry visa.

When visa got down to less than 30 days visit immigration with wife, passport, fill out TM7 extension request at front area (if Bangkok) with passport/photo/baht. Go to back room area for interview/paperwork (about 30 minutes) with wife probably doing most of the work/talking. They will need copies of passport pages, the extension form (tm.7), copy of wife ID card, copy of home register (or maybe lease if not live at her home), copy of bank passbook, letter from bank, some photos of you together (to help prove marriage real). Any bank paperwork you feel ok about sharing will help here and if you want to use income as part of the process that should be certified by your Embassy (just sign that you say you get so much in most cases). Copies will have to be signed by person. If joint bank account both of you sign each copy of each page. They will then give you about 40 day extension of stay and when you return should have authority to stamp extension up to your last arrival date. They are interested that you can provide support (basis of visa extension), source of funds if not working here (proof of overseas wire transfer) and that you live as husband and wife. Should be very friendly unless you loss your cool (don't) :o

Once on any extension you will require a re entry permit if you travel. Unless you have plans would not get on the first 40 day extension but once you get the full extension, if you believe you will travel, get a multi re entry permit at the front office area (takes another photo/baht and about 2 hours wait).

Currently every time you are in country more than 90 days you must notify immigration to confirm your address - so unless you travel a lot this will be one thing you now have to remember. Just a few lines on a form and your good for another 3 months.