CRES Imposes Curfew In Bangkok, many provinces

webfact

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FACEBOOK - now offline. Translation says Access to this information. Suspended temporarily

By virtue.

Emergency Decree on Public Administration.

In emergency situations, BE 2548.

The command center of the emergency situation.

I just got the same and it's a bit concerning. Not that I cant live without FB, but info control under any circumstances is a slippery slope. Skyping my friend in China to see how to skirt the block, but not sure if I can be bothered...I guess the reds and Taksin cronies dont tweet? Twitter is still up and running...

I just got the same and it's a bit concerning. Not that I cant live without FB, but info control under any circumstances is a slippery slope. Skyping my friend in China to see how to skirt the block, but not sure if I can be bothered...I guess the reds and Taksin cronies dont tweet? Twitter is still up and running...

Some solutions:

www.unblockfacebook.ca

www.tor.org

Google for proxy server

Some solutions:

www.unblockfacebook.ca

www.tor.org

Google for proxy server

It's illegal in Thailand and punishable by jail. Welcome to Democracy.

Wow, can you imagine..even the bars and Seven Elevens were closing by 9pm tonight in PATTAYA PATTAYA. I live in the Naklua area so I don't know about Walking Street. The new Central Shopping Center Beach Road closed early today (good idea). The police in this city aren't the type to be "pro-active" around here so I imagine the Reds could still do their urban damage if they wanted to. (I heard they were gathering around Big C tonight...rumor?)

Next, are the Red thugs still blocking the entrance to the Laem Shabang (sp) seaport?

There is a Pattaya rumor central thread going now in the Pattaya forum.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=3618627

Current unconfirmed report that there is a fire at Big C mall and also fighting on North Pattaya Road. Reporters can't go out so we won't know the damage until tomorrow most likely.

Edited by Jingthing

Pattaya bars are closing down now..........police is driving around and order to close down all businnes!!!!

I was planning to go for few days but got this info from several independant friends so i am sure its true.

Stay inside is the message.

Yes, there is a confirmed curfew in Pattaya.

Read more here:

Thanks for this link. My plan is/was to get a taxi to Pattaya early tomorrow, so all this info is good. Thanks.

Some solutions:

www.unblockfacebook.ca

www.tor.org

Google for proxy server

Only if it posted a message that say government is blocking, networkwork problem workaround for tech reasons are OK. In fact they would never know it, it would not be monitored for abuse.

Update: ATM machines to shut down nationwide during curfew period.

A few hours ago, bank officials said that ATM machines would remain up and running. Telling people not to panic.

Freaking liars. :)

This cat came out, where is the pig of the earth? No more salary? and you don't stop? Your friends are burning Thailand, and you still open your mouth?

Why exactly are you insulting me? Please find where I said that I supported burning down Thailand. I never said that. Either you got me confused with someone else or you've lost your marbles.

your avatar is making a very loud display of red. thats why he pissed - dont you know?

Curfew!! that would be only for Thai's right, I need to get my evenings beering at Nana

Get toNana before 8pm, stay until6am toomeasy

last night in nana I was the only paying customer at the bar I was at.A quick look around at the four bars surrounding the bar I was at had no customers,but a lot of sullen bar girls.I think there is going to be a lot of hungry family's that the bar girl's support shortly.Even Nana shut tonight.I live on soi 4 looking out my window looks like a ghost town.Took some amazing photos today of sukumvit rd without a vehicle on it.Even foodland shut at 6p.m. 7/11's not open all day.A lot of people have been caught out around here and will go hungry to-night lot's of people looking for food and water

Pattaya bars are closing down now..........police is driving around and order to close down all businnes!!!!

I was planning to go for few days but got this info from several independant friends so i am sure its true.

Stay inside is the message.

Yes, there is a confirmed curfew in Pattaya.

Read more here:

Thanks for this link. My plan is/was to get a taxi to Pattaya early tomorrow, so all this info is good. Thanks.

My pleasure. Have a safe trip! If you decide to go.

Update: ATM machines to shut down nationwide during curfew period.

A few hours ago, bank officials said that ATM machines would remain up and running. Telling people not to panic.

This cat came out, where is the pig of the earth? No more salary? and you don't stop? Your friends are burning Thailand, and you still open your mouth?

Why exactly are you insulting me? Please find where I said that I supported burning down Thailand. I never said that. Either you got me confused with someone else or you've lost your marbles.

Mathematical extrapolation in this forum. Statistical analysis of kittys, earth pigs, .... and others. Psychological and semantic analysis of the postings. There are no individuals

but only red jam cloned robots.

Some solutions:

www.unblockfacebook.ca

www.tor.org

Google for proxy server

Burning Bangkok to fight for democracy, you are welcome to Democracy.

What is not clear is how many of those animals are devastating Bangkok, are not all those sensitive sites been guarded by army (I don't mention police as they worth nothing)?

Due to what they are doing, and as I already said, they deserve to be shot at sight otherwise this mess will go on for a looong time.

Shoot a few more you say! worked well this far.

seems all over now... all over bangkok and thailand that is with gov in panic mode promising reconcilliation, red leaders to be involved, democratic reform..... if only they do that after they steal power from thaksin.

Abhisit next to go because this is just start and army not have enough reliable soldiers. if they shoot more, they going to get shot by red soldiers. count on it friends because some they arest today are soldiers who went to fight with reds.

Thaksin lawyer say on news going to sue mark and start look for thai assests from elite in england and seize!!! be nice money for thaksin to spend when pm again.

You have to admit that some of what viking75 says is true. He says that Thaksin wants to come back to take control.

And the bolded part would be funny if it wasn't so depressingly true.

Let's hope that the part about democratic reform is also true.

your avatar is making a very loud display of red. thats why he pissed - dont you know?

Looks like a native of oz to me, why would that piss them. I think we had a footee with that guy back when. :D Oh hack they all look the same. :D

Some solutions:

www.unblockfacebook.ca

www.tor.org

Google for proxy server

Burning Bangkok to fight for democracy, you are welcome to Democracy.

it is illegal to bypass blockage from the government. As twitter and facebook isn't blocked by the government, it is not illegal to bypass.....

Anyone who has dealt with Thai IT will tell you not to worry about getting caught using a VPN randomly. Unless you pissed someone off in advance there's literally 0 chance of anyone noticing.

Edited by on-on

Wow, can you imagine..even the bars and Seven Elevens were closing by 9pm tonight in PATTAYA PATTAYA. I live in the Naklua area so I don't know about Walking Street. The new Central Shopping Center Beach Road closed early today (good idea). The police in this city aren't the type to be "pro-active" around here so I imagine the Reds could still do their urban damage if they wanted to. (I heard they were gathering around Big C tonight...rumor?)

Next, are the Red thugs still blocking the entrance to the Laem Shabang (sp) seaport?

I just did a loop around Pattaya at 10 pm. Everything is closed. Every restaurant, every bar. A few street vendors are still out trying to make some last minute sales. There were some girls sitting in darkened bars trying to pick up some business. No street girls along the beach. Every 7Eleven and Family Mart is closed. Walking Street is dark.

At this stage, going hard as if we where in Iraq in 2003 is the only way to quickly reduce the problems tonight and hopefully take the air out of the mob's balloon of self-importance.

And it worked so well there, didn't it?

The Reds have planned this already. Burning down BKK is only part of their contingency plan because they have already expected that the Rajprasong would be taken down. There are uprising everywhere especially in the North and Northeast, where their stronghold is. It's another chess move by them to force the hands of the government. If we really want this debacle to end, the military will really need to clean up this insidious element tonight or in a few nights. Sad to lose lives but this will be at a price that this country must pay to move forward.

The bottom line is that the underlying problem is the most people do not have enough education or knowledge to know what is best for this country. That is why they are easily manipulated and I don't need to name the manipulator here. It would be nice if he meets his fate as Seh Daeng, but then again, he is only an instigator or the spark to the bomb. Not actually the underlying problem. It takes two to tangle. If this country wants to see improvement , reform the education system so everyone can think and make informed decision. Then the manipulator's manipulation will fall on deaf ears. IMHO.

I would agree with you but for two things (both highlighted in a neutral orange).

There is no chance that the military (or any military) can end this debacle "in a few nights" or ever. There is never a military solution to these problems, as has been shown time and time again (other than by a ruthless dictatorship, Saddam Hussein style).

There is not only no "need" to name the manipulator here, but no possibility of doing so - as you said, "it takes two to tangle" (tango?)

At this stage, going hard as if we where in Iraq in 2003 is the only way to quickly reduce the problems tonight and hopefully take the air out of the mob's balloon of self-importance.

And it worked so well there, didn't it?

That mission was accomplished, I saw the banner on TV my self. :)

I just did a loop around Pattaya at 10 pm. Everything is closed. Every restaurant, every bar. A few street vendors are still out trying to make some last minute sales. There were some girls sitting in darkened bars trying to pick up some business. No street girls along the beach. Every 7Eleven and Family Mart is closed. Walking Street is dark.

Assumed, your loop was made in a motor vehicle - not much of a curfew, I'd say...