Curfew Tonight In Pattaya, Yes Or No?

Jingthing

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rumours on facebook that redshirts are on they way in pattaya. probably <deleted>, but better to be safe than sorry

I have just rode past a small gathering of Pattaya City Democracy Party dudes between the 2nd and 3rd roads near Big C Festival.

Can't see what they plan to do as they will stick out like sore thumbs if they go any where.

It's really quiet out there now.

I'm in for the night watching the news threads to see if I go to work at 6am.

Stay safe guys.

:)

Pattaya is no problem but the Army are stopping anyone leaving Jomtien as there are many nasty people there :D

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :D

:)

This is probably not the time or place for jokes.

I could have said the darkside Phil,cumon smile a bit at least

Pattaya City Hall is CLEARLY at risk given that it was a scene of protest before and the burnings of city halls in other provinces. Also do you think the police would stop them here? This is a red city, just like Isaan. Watch out.

I hate to say this but I think it would be best for people to avoid the shopping malls in Pattaya for the time being, until it becomes clear what the reds plan is for Pattaya. They clearly don't care about ruining tourism and ruining the Thai economy and people's jobs. Whether you think they are terrorists or not isn't really the point now, protecting your arse and those you care about IS.

Edited by Jingthing

Another confirmation here........I can confirm that Pattaya has been told to comply with the curfew as the province is under a state of emergency. Bars, shops will all have to close. I am preparing a report for my website now with other details I have received and will post a link when it is done.

do you have any information about gun battle/gun fire around Central Mall, this afternoon?

My dog walker was evacuated in the middle of the movie due to some gun firing or gun shooting or something like that

rumours on facebook that redshirts are on they way in pattaya. probably <deleted>, but better to be safe than sorry

Apparently facebook is now blocked in Thailand (true 100% not sure about others)

I was down at the beach at 9pm and drove home to Pattaya Tai, i did not see any police or army anywhere, only the traffic police cars advising of the curfew.

Can anyone confirm or see any police or army presence?

like i mentioned at 9pm, i can confirm NO police on the beach, soi 13/4, 2nd road, 3rd road, soi bukkhao

Pattaya City Hall is CLEARLY at risk given that it was a scene of protest before and the burnings of city halls in other provinces. Also do you think the police would stop them here? This is a red city, just like Isaan. Watch out.

I hate to say this but I think it would be best for people to avoid the shopping malls in Pattaya for the time being, until it becomes clear what the reds plan is for Pattaya. They clearly don't care about ruining tourism and ruining the Thai economy and people's jobs. Whether you think they are terrorists or not isn't really the point now, protecting your arse and those you care about IS.

I'm not so good in thai politics,maybe because this is not my homecountry,but anyway if pattaya is a red city then I guess city hall is the last building they gonna burn.

I'm not so good in thai politics,maybe because this is not my homecountry,but anyway if pattaya is a red city then I guess city hall is the last building they gonna burn.

You really don't understand. The reds are targeting government buildings in their base areas. It happened today. Please inform yourself before posting is my suggestion. You want LOGIC from these people? After what they did today?

In ISAAN today. Heart of Thaksin-redlandia. Reds burning provincial government buildings.

Edited by Jingthing

Another confirmation here........I can confirm that Pattaya has been told to comply with the curfew as the province is under a state of emergency. Bars, shops will all have to close. I am preparing a report for my website now with other details I have received and will post a link when it is done.

do you have any information about gun battle/gun fire around Central Mall, this afternoon?

My dog walker was evacuated in the middle of the movie due to some gun firing or gun shooting or something like that

I saw nothing, I was there from ten to 5 until ten past.

The reason I got was that they were going to test the electrics and fire alarms. There were people in firemans' uniforms wandering about.

Stay safe.

jingthing lives in his own thailand, so i wouldnt worry too much :D

however, he is correct. there are thousands of red construction workers and thousands of isaan thais that live within the city, the same as bkk.

i doubt anything major here will happen, but from our house on 3rd road, all im hearing at the moment are annoucements and sirens :)

Reds at Central now trying to burn it, can anyone confirm this?

Just received a call that Big C ( central) north pattaya is on fire and fights going on at north pattaya road.Can not confirm myself.

Reds at Central now trying to burn it, can anyone confirm this?

Just received a call that Big C ( central) north pattaya is on fire and fights going on at north pattaya road.Can not confirm myself.

Probably true about North Pattaya Road. That's where city hall is and there has been violence there before. I know a lot of expats use Fascino pharmacy near there as well.

I see little humor in this topic.

Around 6pm tonight the Villa Complex was closed and the security guards were not even letting people cut trough the parking lot.

Wondering what tomorrow will be like inside Pattaya.

Security guards at the Avenue?Do you mean those 60 year old lady's with a uniform. :)

Police cars travelled around Maprachan lake and told all shops, restaurants and bars to close but only until tomorrow. (In main Pattaya itself it seems that might extend for 3 days for bars). That was at 10pm or so. It was only advised by them to be careful going home and to help report anything suspicious. It was not made clear by them that it was an actual curfew but it makes sense to treat it as one and the blockade of the visiting navy ship is still on in Sattahip as is the Laem Chambang blockade.

I have no details on that. Now it will be difficult to get any information until tommorow as most Thai journo's have been asked to leave the streets and to respect the curfew by Police.