My Name Is On The Lease Agreement Can She Sell The House

I have a 30 year lease with my ex girlfriend on a property , the Chanot has both my name on and hers as i am the Lessee for 30 years is it possible for her to sell the house on to someone with out my consent :D I would like to think not as my name is on the lease as well as hers , the house and property are both under her name i am just the lessee, I have the original chanot etc. :) all advice would be welcome.

She can sell the house but the new owner is bound by the lease agreement. She will have a hard time finding a buyer willing to buy under such a condition. Even though you have the original title, she can claim that the title was lost or stolen and request a new title from the land department. Even though she can do this, the replacement title will still have the 30 year lease registered on it as it is on the original which you possess.

You have asked all these questions before. I know that you received various responses then as you are likely to receive again. Your biggest problem with resolving your current situation is that you are not in Thailand to protect your right to lease the property. Unfortunately, unless to can get back over to Thailand to fight for what is yours, your ex-girlfriend is going to have control over the house.

The Thai property owner always has the absolute right to sell the land upon which a house sits. A legal 30 year lease for the house would have to be honored by the new land owner per Civil and Commercial Code, section 569. Your possession of the Chanote, upon which the lease is registered, would only slow down the sale. The legal property owner can always apply for a copy/duplicate Chanote from the land office after filing a police report that the original was lost..