Thaksin Predicts Guerilla Warfare

losworld

yeah he WANTS that..... but does he actually think such thing would help him now ?

I think yesterday his last chance of ever setting feet in this country again were fading away....

He doesn't care. If he goes down then the whole ship must go down with him. He is a delusional psychopath. If going to trial he should actually have a good defense that he is insane.

yeah he WANTS that..... but does he actually think such thing would help him now ?

I think yesterday his last chance of ever setting feet in this country again were fading away....

He doesn't care. If he goes down then the whole ship must go down with him. He is a delusional psychopath. If going to trial he should actually have a good defense that he is insane.

I agree..... but that doesn't mean anything good for this country, at least as long as he still has enough money to feed the RED MOB.....

I agree..... but that doesn't mean anything good for this country, at least as long as he still has enough money to feed the RED MOB.....

Very true that is why all his assets must be seized and his immediate family arrested if they ever return and his properties confiscated. I know this sounds Draconian but it is the only way to deal with this type of individual. Additionally any country harboring the man should have all its citizens expelled from Thailand, embassies closed and assets frozen. Time to play hardball. Only way unfortunately.

Additionally any country harboring the man should have all its citizens expelled from Thailand, embassies closed and assets frozen. Time to play hardball. Only way unfortunately.

looks like you have missed your carrier as a diplomat

He is a delusional psychopath. If going to trial he should actually have a good defense that he is insane.

and a psychiatrist, and a layer

Edited by londonthai

He is obviously protected by certain European countries, namely France and Montenegro.

Remember that when they talk about human rights issues the next time.

Why the hel_l would France be protecting him? I can understand a corrupt country like Montenegro where dollars can buy entrance but France?

I think his whole family should be targeted including his x-wife. They are bear a lot of responsibility for all that has happened.

I would think just as OBL there should be a price for his head

It already is guerilla warfare. When the reds surrendered their rally site, they decided to take their fight to the rest of the country. This is the exact same strategy used by the Sunni supporters of Saddam Hussein in Iraq. If you can't win against an overwhelming army, use terrorist tactics inside your country. The reds don't care about democracy. If they did, they would have negotiated a reasonable timetable for government dissolution and new elections. Instead, they now show their true colors, not reds, but terrorists.

Edited by zaphodbeeblebrox

Khun Taksin has been wrong, wrong, wrong on just about everything, everything, everything since 2003 when he last enjoyed some popularity across multple spheres of society.

Mistakes, misteps and a complete misunderstanding of how events would unfold (in spite of his world mastery.) Let's face it, the guy has been a big loser, losing his money (some), prestige, power, personal freedom. Now he has lost the core of his rag-tag rabble-rouser leadership. (But he does have a nice collection of luxery hand-bags)

When he makes a prediction, I know how I will place my bet.

-NG

Most Thai people I have talked to yesterday say it's not over by any means.

If the reds resort to guerrilla tactics it's not good news for farangs as well.

Farangs or any other foreigners will be running a risk of getting whacked by some angry reds

anytime anywhere. Don't forget that farang = elite to the Isaan farmers.

So, those of you who are clapping to Abisit for being "tough" and resolute, may not be clapping again

if ( God forbid) you get a bullet or knife up your sorry ass.

This is as bad as it gets now for all of the guests, myself included, of the Kingdom of Thailand.

Edited by cyberia

Most Thai people I have talked to yesterday say it's not over by any means.

If the reds resort to guerrilla tactics it's not good news for farangs as well.

Farangs or any other foreigners will be running a risk of getting whacked by some angry reds

anytime anywhere. Don't forget that farang = elite to the Isaan farmers.

So, those of you who are clapping to Abisit for being "tough" and resolute, may not be clapping again

if ( God forbid) you get a bullet or knife up your sorry ass.

This is as bad as it gets now for all of the guests, myself included, of the Kingdom of Thailand.

According to many postings on TV it is farangs who are supporting a hel_l of a lot of families in the NE (redland), so I doubt they have much to fear in that region. You do not bite the hand that feeds you, so to speak.

Was in a taxi with a red fanatic driver yesterday. He was sorely pissed off at the turn of events but was very pro-westerner claiming that the western media was the only media that was fair and unbiased. How he reached that conclusion I do not know as I am pretty sure he would not have been able to understand enough English to develop that opinion on his own so he must have been getting it from some red source.

Edited by GarryP

He is obviously protected by certain European countries, namely France and Montenegro.

Remember that when they talk about human rights issues the next time.

Why the hel_l would France be protecting him? I can understand a corrupt country like Montenegro where dollars can buy entrance but France?

Don't know, but he was spotted in a Louis Vuitton Shop in Paris, shopping with his Daughters a few days ago-Maybe he slipped past immigration control.

Thaksin predicts this. Thaksin predicts that. He has predicted the "final push" by his forces in Thailand SEVERAL times now. Several times now he has predicted he would be back in Thailand soon in victory rather than prison. He is a major league provacateur.

Khun Taksin has been wrong, wrong, wrong on just about everything, everything, everything since 2003 when he last enjoyed some popularity across multple spheres of society.

Mistakes, misteps and a complete misunderstanding of how events would unfold (in spite of his world mastery.) Let's face it, the guy has been a big loser, losing his money (some), prestige, power, personal freedom. Now he has lost the core of his rag-tag rabble-rouser leadership. (But he does have a nice collection of luxery hand-bags)

When he makes a prediction, I know how I will place my bet.

-NG

Careful when you spell THaksin, THaksin is the corrupt politician.

Taksin is the person that lead Thai troops to regain Ayuthaya from the Burmese, moved the Capital to Thonburi and became the first and only during the time of Thonburi, he was preceded by King Rama I of the Chakri Dynasty who moved the capital to Bangkok.

When the accountants have finished tracing all the transactions on the Red Shirt funding money trail, and assuming that they do lead back to Thaksin or his stooges, he will be a wanted man in every country in the world that have diplomatic agreements with Thailand.

He'll find that an international warrant for terrorist charges is a lot harder to beat than one for financial irregularities.

If and when he is ever returned to Thailand, I don't think that he'll receive bail this time.

If the prosecutors decide to add a (fairly justifiable) charge of Lese Majesty, or High Treason to his docket, he would be facing the death penalty.

Under the circumstances I think he'd deserve it.

If the courts do eventually fully endorse the terrorism warrant, then can Thailand go for international cooperation and freeze his overseas assets like happened to other more well known terrorists?

I think that if hundreds of protestors had been shot while sitting peacfully in front of the stage, then there would be a serious problem.

But with how things turned out, I believe there will little sympathy for the hard core black shirts in a Guerilla war. Did not work out well for the communist that fled in the 70's.

TH

Do I detect a hint of glee in how he 'predicts' guerilla warfare for Thailand? Well, who cares what happens to the country, the people or even his red minions right? So long as he gets what he wants.

The funny thing is, I think Thaksin actually had a decent chance of winning if he would have avoided violence and simply took his time propagandizing different provinces of Thailand. I guess he never considered the option of actually maintaining a majority of seats like TRT did previously. It couldn't have been all that hard, look at how much time and money they spent on these protests, they could have spent that on campaigning. He is now following a Mao doctrine and I don't think it will work. The US gov was previously on the fence, now they will be doing more to help the Thai government in apprehending him. He is really going to have to be careful with his travel. As if Thailand can't buy off the Montenegro government?

Amazingly though, the foreign press continues to view him in a more positive light than the Thai government. So who knows.

Edited by TheItaliann

I think that they have prepared and a secret code when leaders get arrested to unveil the second line with more terror. This all was planned ahead and is not just a spontaneous move. I bet Thaksin will be caught within 3 weeks after additional arrest warrants are issued.

He is in fact giving orders with his so called assumptions. He still thinks he's a smart arse.

The funny thing is, I think Thaksin actually had a decent chance of winning if he would have avoided violence and simply took his time propagandizing different provinces of Thailand. I guess he never considered the option of actually maintaining a majority of seats like TRT did previously. It couldn't have been all that hard, look at how much time and money they spent on these protests, they could have spent that on campaigning. He is now following a Mao doctrine and I don't think it will work. The US gov was previously on the fence, now they will be doing more to help the Thai government in apprehending him. He is really going to have to be careful with his travel. As if Thailand can't buy off the Montenegro government?

Amazingly though, the foreign press continues to view him in a more positive light than the Thai government. So who knows.

He had enough time to sort out his mess, but he couldn't and can't. He's moved out most of the ill gotten money before the coup in two airplanes. He knew that he would bite the dust politically since economic troubles were clearly on the horizon worldwide. He didn't want to become the poo-man for this and tried to wait it out abroad. This why he was never fighting the coup at first.

Now he stepped forward by employing terrorism and criminal circles only after the assets were confiscated by the court and solely for his own cause. He'll be down soon.

I do not condone the violence or tactics used by the 'red shirts' however I must say that if I were Thaksin I would 'predicted' the reds moving out of the capitol and setting up camps in all the major cities north of Bangkok and simply block the main roads in and out of these cities.

I don't think the military and or police could physically cope with serious disruption in the northern provinces and when the insurgents in the south see that the manpower is depleted they would take the opportunity to step up the bombings in the south.

If this scenario actually happens then it really would be time to wrap your tent up and seek refuge in another country. :)