Atms In Pattaya

deejah

Don't know on ATM's, but just tried to do an interbank transfer with Bangkok Banks iBanking online system and a message popped up that the transfer could only be processed on the 24th...

post-4701-1274330766_thumb.jpg

BOT announced that all banks closed for 2 days and advise people to cash up as all ATMs will not function. I know in Bkk all ATMS are off but not Pattaya. However I will think if BOT issue such statement, it will be for all Thailand. Good luck

I don't know if the ATM's work in Pattaya, i'm currently not in Pattaya, but in LOEI. But what i know is that all the ATM machines depend on their respectives banks branches and by the way, also on the main Bank in Bkk. Then I heard that in BKK all the banks closed. Then.....I guess that no ATM machines until the situation will come down, but maybe i'm wrong. Anyway, here in Loei province it's calm ant banks closed today.

I don't know if the ATM's work in Pattaya, i'm currently not in Pattaya, but in LOEI. But what i know is that all the ATM machines depend on their respectives banks branches and by the way, also on the main Bank in Bkk. Then I heard that in BKK all the banks closed. Then.....I guess that no ATM machines until the situation will come down, but maybe i'm wrong. Anyway, here in Loei province it's calm ant banks closed today.

All ATM's do not require a bank branch for service support. Most banks have their own service company do the replenishment of cash and receipt paper and such. Quite a few banks contract with service companies for all of these services. What many of the service companies rely on is a supply of refilled cassettes from a central bank vault. If that is closed then yes those ATMs will be out of operation

I see no reason for banks to switch their ATM's off because of the curfew...

I is not normal for ATM's to be switched off on public holidays...

It is normal for ATM's to work 24/7...

I do see problems with logistics, with banks closed so where are the people who fill the machines going to get the bank notes from?

Also I would suspect that many banks are at present reviewing "Emergency and Back Up Plans" with many banks going off line while files are backed up and system networks being reconfigured, without access to the banks main server ATM's can not work.

But I suspect this would be a more useful topic if posters could post which ATM's are working and which are not?

Its going to be "interesting" seeing what the exchange rates of certain currencies will be when the banks open again. :D

Rather off topic.

:)

But for your information the exchange rate is based on what people are prepared to pay on the world market, and the world market is not closed.

Real time rates £GBP $USD EURO