Learning To Drive In Uk

slippery when wet

Not too sure if this is the correct forum.

Hello I'm not too sure if you can help me but I am at my whitts end.

Me and my Thai wife live in the UK and she want to get mobile so she will need to pass her driving test. The 1st stage of her test is a written multiple choice theory test, the questions taken from the Highway code.

Does anyone know where I can get a thai translation of this booklet as her English, although inproving quickly is not all that good at present.

Thank you.

Slippery when wet

Not too sure if this is the correct forum.

Hello I'm not too sure if you can help me but I am at my whitts end.

Me and my Thai wife live in the UK and she want to get mobile so she will need to pass her driving test. The 1st stage of her test is a written multiple choice theory test, the questions taken from the Highway code.

Does anyone know where I can get a thai translation of this booklet as her English, although inproving quickly is not all that good at present. 

Thank you.

Slippery when wet

With the greatest of respect, but don't you feel a little apprehensive about slipping your wife loose on the English highways until her English is better. There are many instructions to motorists besides the "Signs" of the HC, many of them could be attempting to transmit vital information to your wife.

I write this because my wife is in a similar situation as yours and we have decided to wait a year, concentrating the next twelve months on improving her English (Night School at the local college).

As far as I'm aware, the Highway Code cannot be found in Thai, and neither is the written test. Infact I'm pretty sure that the written test is in English ONLY. Not written in even French, German, or Spanish!!! But I know for sure it isn't in Thai, because I have a good Thai friend here who tried to find it in Thai everywhere. Maybe her Thai embassy might be able to help with any ideas? Afterall that is what they're there for! :o

Thai not available for the written test when I last checked. Was told not sufficient demand. Will have to learn Urdu or Farsi. Most Thai ladies drive illegally and just smile at the police and pretend not to speak much English.

Good to see old blighty just as ridiculous as Thailand on some things. :o