Thaivisa Launches Youtube Beta Channel With Exclusive Content

webfact

Great initiative!

Keep it simple, keep it informative.

Future topics?

-How to apply for 1 year visa

-How to get (or convert your existing to) a Thai drivers license

-Manners - How to be polite against Thais (don't touch the head of a Thai or touch someone who is older than you etc.)

-Things that could upset Thais during a conversation or other circumstances

-Why are Thais so... (understanding Thai culture)

-How to get rid of a speeding ticket with a "helpful" policeman (only joking!)

Edited by xenomorph

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great start... because it's on YouTube and calm it has to be "real" and will help my relatives understand that although serious stuff has gone down we're not all under siege quite yet.

Although I sorta felt like a 5th grader being talked to by my sex education teacher about the perils of STDs

The very idea of my 5th grade teacher talking about sex would have been enough to keep me free of STDs for this lifetime. :)

An excellent addition to the Thai Visa informational effort!

I would like to offer a bit of constructive criticism on the production techniques. I believe that a "steady camera", as opposed to the aooming in and out (distracting), would be more effective. Also, while Greg's spoken presentation is just fine, a bit less animation would be better. I don't mean standing like a statue. But I think his head and body movements are bit too much.

Again, my intent is totally constructive. I am very pleased to see this new addition to Thai Visa!! :D:D:):D

great stuff guys. Like the new vid posts. I have comments on the following though:

1. I think it would be better if the camera was still

2. wipe the camera lens :)

other than that great wrok gregg. keep doing it.

spurs

Oh Dear! It seems I am alone at the moment but I could not understand why the chap insisted on "whispering" and quite honestly thought it somewhat patronising. We are adults. We are told to use our common sense. Speak to us as if we are adults and not delicate little children! Great idea though.

I'm with you. Sorry. Low level and patronising. As for some of the other suggested topics, e.g

How to take a bath bus? Don't worry, you'll be alright...just don't forget your soap.

Whatever...I don't like videos anyway. With my TOT connection I have to watch them in sporadic 2 second bites (no, not bytes), so I will stick with the text version. Happy viewing. :)

The Emergency Decree was enacted in 2005 under Thaksin's government, not in 2008 as the presenter says. There are no specific provisions in the decree about, for example, the permitted size of groups. The decree is a general framework for extraordinary powers only. The Sections 9 & 11 allow for specific regulations and declarations to be issued, but these will presumably depend on circumstances. While some were issued for BKK and the neighbouring provinces, whether or not these apply to the provinces recently added is not clear.

An English translation of the ED can found at:

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AW88nzKE...ag&hl=en_GB

If ThaiVisa is to produce important information videos of a similar kind for foreigners, it might be wise to get them checked by a competent lawyer before they are released.

The Emergency Decree was enacted in 2005 under Thaksin's government, not in 2008 as the presenter says. There are no specific provisions in the decree about, for example, the permitted size of groups. The decree is a general framework for extraordinary powers only. The Sections 9 & 11 allow for specific regulations and declarations to be issued, but these will presumably depend on circumstances. While some were issued for BKK and the neighbouring provinces, whether or not these apply to the provinces recently added is not clear.

An English translation of the ED can found at:

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AW88nzKE...ag&hl=en_GB

If ThaiVisa is to produce important information videos of a similar kind for foreigners, it might be wise to get them checked by a competent lawyer before they are released.

There must be a place on the team for you DNPBCO...! Excellent post.

Note: The video production will improve over time and most certainly will never please all viewers, but they are off to a really good start. Congrats.

great idea, and well done ThaiVisa.com :D

very clean style, no commercial 'yet' ! even better if there is a sub-title that lists the sources of information, further links, hotline numbers . . .

demand, demand, demand :)

Oh Dear! It seems I am alone at the moment but I could not understand why the chap insisted on "whispering" and quite honestly thought it somewhat patronising. We are adults. We are told to use our common sense. Speak to us as if we are adults and not delicate little children! Great idea though.

I'm with you. Sorry. Low level and patronising.

I'm with you too - the whispering technique was a little irritating and as you say patronising. Someone mentioned he sounded like a matress salesman.

But a great idea from Thaivisa and I am sure you can work with constructive comments.

By the way Lamphun province is also one of the 22 provinces included in the emergency curfew

caf

This is our first crawling step to do a YouTube channel.

Please post your ideas of what you want to see on Thaivisa YouTube channel in the future.

Thanks

Greg & The Thaivisa Youtube Channel Team

email: tv [at] thaivisa.com

thaivisa-news.png

-- thaivisa.com 2010-05-20

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

What about a daily naked dancing gogo girl competition....Or is that just a little bit too much to ask.. :D

You got to be a Brit...

Have some class, mate.

Wow your fast, yeah a Brit, but it says so when I post, from UK North so not hard to deduce my Dear Watson.. :D

Oh and by the way, why don't you ask the team to shoot a video just for you.

"10 Year Oversay And Expired Passport" DOH.. :)

Wow that was one hel_l of a thread you posted, infact "CLASS"... :D

It is so easy to criticise, especially in Thailand and often with justification, but in my opinion, overall a very good idea, professional and therefore refreshing. I have not read all the posts but when I saw the heading “All you need to know about the curfew and state of emergency”, I was hoping to be enlightened as regards the ramifications of breaking the curfew, intentionally or inadvertently. For example are there exceptions for someone needing to go to hospital. Is there a fine, or even jail and who should one contact?

he seems to be talking to kids not adults and very simple language which I guess is good as most readers here English is NOT their first language

I felt like I was in school again with someone trying to teach me something complex. lol I'm fine with the simple language though.

And yeah... too much camera zooming.

Other then that I liked it!