Briton In Red Shirt Demonstration Regrets Video Arson Gibe

george

HE'S BEEN TO SEE THE POLICE IN PATTAYA ALREADY!!! Some people would be better reading the thread before they post.

For protection?

From Himself?

No idea. But there are pictures on twitter. I'd post them here if I knew how to link them. He was standing outside the police station with the journalist who uploaded the pics. Looking contrite and not very threatening I might add.

Not the Police that are interested in him, it's DSI jurisdiction.

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HE'S BEEN TO SEE THE POLICE IN PATTAYA ALREADY!!! Some people would be better reading the thread before they post.

For protection?

From Himself?

No idea. But there are pictures on twitter. I'd post them here if I knew how to link them. He was standing outside the police station with the journalist who uploaded the pics. Looking contrite and not very threatening I might add.

Please provide a link to the webpage.

Excellent statement on the purpose of this forum.

Why do people get personal about it and even calling names and "shouting" in red bold letters. One thing

I learnt from this thread is knowing of the variety of expats - good ones, moderate ones, bad ones, and despicable ones. Like the old radio programme of Semprini with the introduction of music of - the old ones, the new ones and the neglected ones.

If you read my whole post, you'll see I was not writing in red, or bold letters. I was just as shocked by the rabid attacks on posters by other posters. I commented that 24 pages of posts was quite enough. (Enough for a news piece emailed to everyone's inbox and not a forum item) If you just stating in general, okay, but please do not attack me personally. Yes I used the word fuc_king, but not in a swearing way, more in a general everyday use kind of way. We all love to gossip like old women on here, but at the same time I stand by one of my original points, are we doing any good, are we helping any potential visitors to Thailand gain information?

bedu,

I had no interest on your posts and expressed my fondness of JSixpack's statement on the purpose of a forum. My comments were directed at the thread as a whole and meant to cool down the heat of anger against a farang in giving his compatriots bad name.

Unless he is guilty of criminal acts, let it go.

Personally I have no problem with farangs being politically involved.

I am with you on the latter part...

Well I do have a problem. A nation's politics are a business for that nation's citizens and all other should <deleted> and keep out of it.

The only exceptions I would consider would be if the issue was transnational and involved human rights abuses, human trafficing or illegal trade in endangered species. Another example would be projects involving large scale environmental destruction.

This mindless thug is just another member of rent-a-mob. The bunch of hooligans who spend their lives travelling from protest to protest causing trouble hopefully, in their minds, leading to riot and looting where they can make some money. You see them at all the big summits, G8 etc, and most of them don't even know what they are protesting for. But they are seen tio be exercising their "democratic right" but unfortunately it's left to the rest of democracy to pick up the tab.

So the world was right to sit back and watch genocide in Rowanda. We should have left the Croats to be slaughtered by the Serbs in Bosnia. The world should have stayed out of the Northern Ireland troubles. See its hard to draw lines in the sand because the world doesn't follow neat little guidelines - events must be assessed by nations (and groups like the UN and NATO) to decide if large sale involvement is warranted - but whichever way the big boys go, as a sepcies we should always talk about it, discuss it, evfen think of possible scenarios and solutions. After all public/international pressure is a powerful tool - no nation likes to air their dirty washing in public - which is why people get so angry when we do discuss it. It is our duty as civilised human beings. As oft misquoted, "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Although most people who posted comments in the online edition of the Sun that run his story don't want this guy back in the UK, the best solution would be for Immigration to deport him and declare him persona non grata for life. Thai immigration law provides the minister with wide discretion in issuing or declining visas with no judicial review involved (UK law is incidentally quite similar in this respect). Making public threats that indicate he is a threat to national security is more than enough grounds to deport the yob and ban him for life. Please do so forthwith.

Although most people who posted comments in the online edition of the Sun that run his story don't want this guy back in the UK, the best solution would be for Immigration to deport him and declare him persona non grata for life. Thai immigration law provides the minister with wide discretion in issuing or declining visas with no judicial review involved (UK law is incidentally quite similar in this respect). Making public threats that indicate he is a threat to national security is more than enough grounds to deport the yob and ban him for life. Please do so forthwith.

Sure, but if they get him with a charge first, he has a criminal record (maybe even for terrorism if they can wangle that one) - thst will really curtail any travelling plans globally. Lets put him back, but lets also make sure he stays there.

Assuming you guys saw this one? http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...dy-Bangkok.html

Not the best ambassador the UK has ever had.

A complete idiot. Hopefully he will be caught fairly soon

This lippy yob was bragging about his connections to red 'ex-cops & soldiers' involved in torching Bangkok.. If true, I bet they're thinking of shutting his yap-hole before he gets rounded up. Might be time to run for it Jeff!

It's probably just more "throw-your-walking-stick-on-the-ground' posturing ..but still, the police wont know for sure till they've "discussed"" it with him.

OK lets have a round up of the punishments so far:

• Tortured
  • Hung
  • Imprisoned for life
  • Raped
  • Blacklisted
  • Deported
  • Head cut off
  • Hunted down
  • Interrogated

Any more?

Two years of continual Thai Karaoke

would make Death the merciful option...

Edited by ChemiseRouge

A British man who was filmed apparently taking part in opposition rallies and calling for buildings to be burnt to the ground, yesterday denied that he had carried out acts of arson. Jeff Savage, 48, an NHS worker from London, admitted he was present when ringleaders decided to burn down a television station. The blaze trapped 100 people. Thai police said Mr Savage, who has a Thai wife, was wanted for questioning and could face the death penalty. :):D:D:D

I wonder how long it will take for some of those who wanted to throw the book at him ( which he deserves) to start posting how Thailand is barbaric as it has a death penalty. :D

I doubt it, after all he is making a big claim to being down with the locals, that tends to touch a nerve on TV so expect a big crowd at the execution.

More than likely he will make a few quid out of this as the Sun seems fascinated and would more than likely pay well for an exclusive from the Thai/Brit freedom fighter added to which I would pay well for a Rolex and 2 baht of gold for the missus.....

*part of this sentence is a joke and no malice or criminal intention is either displayed and or intended, look at the facts: I stated i have a missus therefor cannot afford either the Rolex or the gold*

Have to be careful what you say on here now days :D

• Tortured
  • Hung
  • Imprisoned for life
  • Raped
  • Blacklisted
  • Deported
  • Head cut off
  • Hunted down
  • Interrogated

Any more?

Let the British ex pats have him first Then give what is left of him to the Thai police :)

• Tortured
  • Hung
  • Imprisoned for life
  • Raped
  • Blacklisted
  • Deported
  • Head cut off
  • Hunted down
  • Interrogated

Any more?

Think maybe we should change the order though :)

http://khmernewstoday.blogspot.com/2010/05...12-billion.html

A British man who was filmed apparently taking part in opposition rallies and calling for buildings to be burnt to the ground, yesterday denied that he had carried out acts of arson. Jeff Savage, 48, an NHS worker from London, admitted he was present when ringleaders decided to burn down a television station. The blaze trapped 100 people. Thai police said Mr Savage, who has a Thai wife, was wanted for questioning and could face the death penalty.

If the Thai police DID in fact say this then he should have a very well publicised trial so the other foriegn dickheads can see what happens when you break the law here

Obviously it is unlikely he would get the death penalty But he could get a very long time in The Bangkok Hilton especially if drugs are involved

I think kicking him out of the country and banning him from ever returning to Thailand would be punishment in itself. Jeff would spend his life regretting his actions while suffering English winters and longing to return. He is such a <deleted> that he would probably enjoy Thai prison. I just hope he doesn't make any money out if this from one of the British tabloids

For protection?

From Himself?

Please provide a link to the webpage.

It wasn't a webpage. It was a twitpic account. I don't think it's my place to provide a link here - in case the poor guy gets bombarded with hostile messages.

Edited by retdson

• Tortured
  • Hung
  • Imprisoned for life
  • Raped
  • Blacklisted
  • Deported
  • Head cut off
  • Hunted down
  • Interrogated

Any more?

How about throwing sticks at him! :D

Unfortunately, we live in times when this fellow is just as likely to get a book or movie deal, unless those go to his next of kin.

Unfortunately we also live in times when people can recklessly damage other people's reputations with impunity - and then sneer at them when they complain. The mods should have a serious look at this incident.

Edited by retdson

Unfortunately, we live in times when this fellow is just as likely to get a book or movie deal, unless those go to his next of kin.

Unfortunately we also live in times when people can recklessly damage other people's reputations with impunity - and then sneer at them when they complain. The mods should have a serious look at this incident.

retdson

maybe we would like to get a serious look at the pictures you claim to have seen of Jeff Savage supposedly turning himself in?

until you do maybe i should remind you on behalf of the mods that:

15) Not to use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

moderator mario2008 at post #699 has already asked you to substantiate your claim with a link to the proof and you haven't

until you do, then you are in breach of rule 15 and as far as i am concerned Jeff Savage is still at large despite your efforts to misdirect the forum into thinking something else

now why would you do something like that?

do you know where he is?

are you his friend?

maybe you are him?

or is that recklessly damaging your reputation with impunity?

Agreed... and the images of places, as well, may be readily trashed. Loei, for those without Google or courtesy, is a lovely province and small city in Isaan. The few residents from there I've met have been gracious and hospitable, in distinct contrast to the fellow whose behavior has brought us into this fascinating stream of posts.

I do wonder if we'll ever know what happens with the non-gentleman.

As well as many other people, the Sun newspaper will also be looking for him.

How long before:

"Sun finds British man in Bangkok Protests".

and read his story in gory detail in the News of the World;

MY LIFE WITH THE THAI TERRORISTS-Jeff Savage

Unless he is guilty of criminal acts, let it go.

Personally I have no problem with farangs being politically involved.

Under British law

A threat of violence against another person is deamed to be assult

The British government should arrest this man and send he back to Britian to face charges

Its people like this weed that will get all Farang a bad name in Thailand

already I am hearing Thais talk of why this is all Farang fault

Do not support this jerk, as a vote for his innocense is anoth knife in the back of good farang

Lets Thai people know we do not condone his behaviour and he must be punished same as Thai man

The last thing I want is a new wave of

Double Standards one for Thai man one for Farang

TV members you know have a chance to prove to Thai people we want a better Thailand

get rid of Scum

Did he threaten another person?

I thought his stated intention was to loot the place and join in burning it down.

He threatened to commit arson. When someone burns a building down without first checking if anyone is inside then it becomes more than just arson. It is causing death recklessly.

There is also the financial aspect. If someone burns your house down you would not be pleased. If he threatens to steal your property and it goes missing shortly afterwards who do you suspect?

I have no sympathy for him when he gets his just desserts.

Your right...

* Hunted down

* Interrogated

* Tortured

* Two years of continual Thai Karaoke

* Imprisoned

* Raped

* Hung

* Decapitated

* Feed to crocodiles

And whatever is left...

* Blacklisted

* Deported

* Thrown out of an airplane

That'll teach him.

retdson

maybe we would like to get a serious look at the pictures you claim to have seen of Jeff Savage supposedly turning himself in?

until you do maybe i should remind you on behalf of the mods that:

15) Not to use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

moderator mario2008 at post #699 has already asked you to substantiate your claim with a link to the proof and you haven't

until you do, then you are in breach of rule 15 and as far as i am concerned Jeff Savage is still at large despite your efforts to misdirect the forum into thinking something else

now why would you do something like that?

do you know where he is?

are you his friend?

maybe you are him?

or is that recklessly damaging your reputation with impunity?

"maybe we would like to get a serious look at the pictures you claim to have seen of Jeff Savage supposedly turning himself in?"

I couldn't care less what you would like.

'maybe i should remind you on behalf of the mods that:

15) Not to use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.'

Do you mean like naming an innocent person IN WRITING as a criminal on a public forum? It's not only against the rules here - it's actionable defamation in civilized countries. I'd be careful about quoting rules if I were you.

"moderator mario2008 at post #699 has already asked you to substantiate your claim with a link to the proof "

And I've already explained why I'm not prepared to divulge someones twitter account on this thread.

"as far as i am concerned Jeff Savage is still at large ...."

I haven't the foggiest if he's still at large or not. He could be in custody for all I know. Couldn't care less either way quite honestly. I just said that he'd already been seen by the tourist police in Pattaya and that I'd seen the picture. If you don't choose to believe me it's entirely up to you.

"...despite your efforts to misdirect the forum into thinking something else"

Now you're calling me a liar. I must say, you have a very reckless streak in you when it comes to slandering other people!