Thai Red Shirts Welcomed Home From Deadly Rallies

webfact

Question

Why is it the Thai ruling regime has turned off so so many media outlets?

It is like North Koreas here now.

In contrast, the Reds would immediately turn on all media if they were to get control.

FREEDOM For the Thai ruling groups, it is indeed a terrible thing to give to their slaves.

The government may be a bit too paranoid, but remember PTV broadcasted hatred against non-believers. Thaksin c.s. had a good start till people started to question his actions. Then he became annoyed at questions asked he didn't like. Journalists were harassed. Even the late K Samak once said to a female journalist 'go back to the kitchen'

In North Korea the all-wise leader knows best and decided his people didn't need any other news outlet. Thaksin was moving in that direction..

I am clueless, can you be specific what news media???? I know of one during the liberation for BKK. If you think this is bad, move to Saudi Arabia.

ASTV is the best media.

Sondhi is the best boss

Trust me.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Question

Why is it the Thai ruling regime has turned off so so many media outlets?

It is like North Koreas here now.

In contrast, the Reds would immediately turn on all media if they were to get control.

FREEDOM For the Thai ruling groups, it is indeed a terrible thing to give to their slaves.

The government may be a bit too paranoid, but remember PTV broadcasted hatred against non-believers. Thaksin c.s. had a good start till people started to question his actions. Then he became annoyed at questions asked he didn't like. Journalists were harassed. Even the late K Samak once said to a female journalist 'go back to the kitchen'

In North Korea the all-wise leader knows best and decided his people didn't need any other news outlet. Thaksin was moving in that direction..

I am clueless, can you be specific what news media???? I know of one during the liberation for BKK. If you think this is bad, move to Saudi Arabia.

ASTV is the best media.

Sondhi is the best boss

Trust me.

Why should anyone trust you? You told us all to go home yesterday.

I imagine most of these people are sad. They were supposedly offered 100,000 baht each when the government fell. Same folks who sell their vote to the highest bidder. They have a right to have their greivances heard and addressed - when they start using C4 to do it, they have the right to a crowded cell with 100 of their closest scumbag friends.

The most important thing to a rural Thai is their ID card. This is the document that gives them their identity as a person and without it they can do nothing.

What? My wife lived in rural Issan and she couldn't find her ID card for two years without ever having one problem. I have never seen any of her brothers carry their IDs with them anywhere.

Had she given it to a "pu yai" who could/would punish her for not doing as instructed at a demonstration in Bangkok? No? Then, maybe you should read (and quote?) the whole post before banging your sphincter on the keyboard next time.

Under Thai law, Thais must carry their ID card with them all the times wherever they go. Failing to do so results in either a fine or a bribe. In the case of your wife, she must not have had to do any business with the local Amphur, banks, not stopped by the police etc. She cannot do any business in her own name with any of these institutions. In other words, you have probably been supplying her with all her needs. That is assuming that you actually live in Thailand.

I just walked through Rachadawi Central World, and it I made me very sad to see what has happened.

Whoever did these acts don’t deserve anything other a place in the ZOO. Normal people will never do these act no matter how poor and angry they are.

Get over it Buddy, it was a shopping complex!! <deleted>.

Oops, forgot Malls are like temples in the 'land of the free'

What a stupid comment.

There are thousands of small business owners now without an income because of the destruction of these "shopping complexes" Try reading and listening to some of the stories of these people.

Some are due to lose their homes because they cant pay the rent, no money to send the kids to school, buy food and many are in debt.

These are people who have worked hard to get somewhere in the world and now they have no money to start again, no stock to sell and consider how many who worked in these places are now out of a job and income, how much of that income was in the past sent back home to poor families.

The reds have shot themselves in the foot again, pity it wasnt the head.

Actually air conditioned (or heated) malls are extremely important in cities with extreme climates such as Bangkok. Much more important than malls in less extreme climate countries. They are much more than just shopping centers and they are used by all classes of people (to enjoy or work in).

Maybe the reds intention or not, but from now on the first thing (other than Thaksin) MOST Thais are going to think of about the reds from now on is going to be ARSONISTS.

Edited by Jingthing

"100 strong crowd"

Wow ... fantastic support.

100 "strong" "crowd" for 300 returning Red Shirts.

That's 1:3 ratio of supporters.

Impressive support. :D:)

They actually showed up to meet them to try and get them to share a little of the protest booty they earned.....rice whiskey, som tum and sticky rice for everyone!!!! Afterward we can all go and watch the weeds grow in the backyard.....gee, good to be home.

Edited by mintyfresh

He asked for U.N intervention.

Wasn't he who said "U.N. was not my father"?

Yes.

I believe Thaksin said that while he was summarily murdering his fellow Thais in his misguided "drug war".

Thaksin is a two-faced sociopath.

He has no concept of right and wrong.

He has no concept of his own hypocrisy.

Those who follow him are brainwashed and misguided.

He's counting on his followers' ignorance to do his dirty work.

Like all the Red newbies coming on here and propagandizing (another page out of The Dictator's Handbook).

How much is he paying these cyber-propagandists?

The uneducated, rural poor Red Shirts are copying the same mob rule tactics that the educated, urban affluent Yellow Shirts used. Only difference is, the army stood by and did nothing while the Yellows overthrew an elected government.

Some poor, uneducated posters seem to have selective memories. The yellows can't compare to the reds. Too educated, too fair, too polite. They didn't even shoot some-one, or burn things down. Heh, they didn't even interrupt an ASIAN, or kipnap a LPGtanker and threten to blow it up. Lastly when they withdraw they forgot to torch the airport. Then the reds, they know what terror is and how much it helps their just cause for democracy.