New Zealander Karl Warhurst Still Missing

aljones15

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/family-kiw...ek-help-3561191

Karl Warhurst a New Zealander who lived or lives at Ratchapraprop Tower Mansion

was injured in the protests. He discharged himself from the hospital and has been missing since Sunday.

His wife and family are terribly worried. If anyone has any info on him please let me know.

His apartment was/is on the 7th floor of this condo:

http://www.thebestmansion.com/rajaparob/r_eng/gallery.php

Karl and his wife (who is still in New Zealand) planned on teaching in Bangkok for a year.

Edited by aljones15

Try calling 1555, if he is hospitalized they should be able to tell you.

I tried calling that number, but I don't speak enough thai to talk to them.

they told me to call 1644.

thanks though.

-

A

just for future reference 1555 doesn't handle missing people.

Is his wife Thai?

"Karl and his wife (who is still in New Zealand) planned on teaching in Bangkok" - so probably not thai and can't speak thai

yeah, his wife isn't thai. anyway, he might be in a hospital in Minburi. We're still trying to figure it out.

-

A

Is his wife Thai?

"Karl and his wife (who is still in New Zealand) planned on teaching in Bangkok" - so probably not thai and can't speak thai

yeah, his wife isn't thai. anyway, he might be in a hospital in Minburi. We're still trying to figure it out.

-

A

Wow, just stumbled on to this one. I met Karl when we were caught in the start-up of this mess on Friday afternoon in Rangnam. Shared a beer and then made a dash to Soi 14.

I do hope he is alright. Let me know if you have any up-date.

Is his wife Thai?

-

A

Wow, just stumbled on to this one. I met Karl when we were caught in the start-up of this mess on Friday afternoon in Rangnam. Shared a beer and then made a dash to Soi 14.

We know that he was ok up till Thursday. We're still looking for him.

We know that he was ok up till Thursday. We're still looking for him.

I thought you said that he's been missing since Sunday? He was definitely okay on Friday afternoon (around 5:30 pm) when we walked home.

Hi, I've also posted this in a few other places. As well as being a fellow English teacher, Karl's from my home town and I went to high school with his sister. Unfortunately, I'm in Phnom Penh so can't go looking. I hope he turns up OK.

Cheers,

jimmie aka aly

Hi, I've also posted this in a few other places. As well as being a fellow English teacher, Karl's from my home town and I went to high school with his sister. Unfortunately, I'm in Phnom Penh so can't go looking. I hope he turns up OK.

Cheers,

jimmie aka aly

I think it would be a good idea for this info also to be over on the teaching forum.

The news of missing Karl Warhurst is all over the Internet. Just Google in his name.

Hope he hasn`t become involved with the wrong crowd and is OK.

Here is his photo if anybody sees him. He has quite a distinguished look and should be easy to recognise:

post-96287-1274630113_thumb.jpg

Edited by BigWheelMan

If he still hasn't shown up . . . there was an unidentified body of (probably) a foreigner pulled out of the sea on Koh Chang at 7pm on 22 May. Been in the water for a few days apparently so not easy to identify. At first sight there is no obvious cause of death other than drowning. And no-one has reported any missing persons to the local police here.

Photo here if you want to take a look

If he still hasn't shown up . . . there was an unidentified body of (probably) a foreigner pulled out of the sea on Koh Chang at 7pm on 22 May. Been in the water for a few days apparently so not easy to identify. At first sight there is no obvious cause of death other than drowning. And no-one has reported any missing persons to the local police here.

Photo here if you want to take a look

That looks like a tattoo on his lower back, left side.

Karl has been found alive although a little distraught due to possible head injuries. The NZ embassy is working with the Thai police to arrange his safe return to New Zealand.

Thank you to all those who have helped in locate him.

Marko Cunningham