Vengeful Redshirts Threaten Thai Tourism

webfact

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets wait to see how many interrogations lead to subsequent arrests, perhaps the militant wing is already back in Cambodia, where Thai people go to hide.

The Black clad shooters are from Cambodia , there is now evidence to be released this week on who and why they were contracted for the job, The pay check Master Thaksin made his $$$$$$$$$$$ deposit some months before this in the case he needed them to cross over into Thailand if he lost his money in the court ruling , Since 911 the world has a special practice of wire tap /cell phone word searching for key words, Thaksin made this list some 3 months ago and all of his evidence now will list him as the money leader behind the terrorism attacks now in Thailand .

he likes to say he has no connection but his mighty dollars linked the WAY

Source???

Lets wait to see how many interrogations lead to subsequent arrests, perhaps the militant wing is already back in Cambodia, where Thai people go to hide.

The Black clad shooters are from Cambodia , there is now evidence to be released this week on who and why they were contracted for the job, The pay check Master Thaksin made his $$$$$$ deposit some months before this in the case he needed them to cross over into Thailand if he lost his money in the court ruling , Since 911 the world has a special practice of wire tap /cell phone word searching for key words, Thaksin made this list some 3 months ago and all of his evidence now will list him as the money leader behind the terrorism attacks now in Thailand .

he likes to say he has no connection but his mighty dollars linked the WAY

Could you a link a source to this information? First time I've heard this and I'd be interested to read more about it.

i know too much from my Thai wife who works in that area in Bangkok, Big things are coming for Thaksin " Dr Evil " , watch his private plane get impounded next

Oh dear, another one with a Thai wife who knows everything. I would actually like a reliable, factual source of information, not some hear say from you Thai wife.

Nothing more that Thai's would like is to blame their next door neighbor for the ills in which they, the Thai have brought upon themselves. This is classic and historic.

Nonsense

Thai's are a truly a petulant people. Thailand has unresolved border issues with all its neighbors and local tribal people (from Mokken to Montanyard) born within her borders they will not recognize as Thai. Then there are the farang Luk Krung and the near inability to obtain Thai citizenship. Thai rak Thai.

This is disinformation to get out in front a potentially explosive issue: A Thai insurgency targeting tourism - just blame it on the poor savages next door! Next problem.

Edited by bangkokburning

If there are any attacks in the aftermath, I think they would be directed at Suthep and Abhisit and/or their families in the form of a sniper / bomb attack. Although I hope this won't happen im afraid that sooner or later it will. They are the prime targets, not tourists etc

I don't know how long you have been around Thailand..... but even as a new poster you may have become aware of what may be called an adage here in Thailand.

If a falang is driving here in Thailand and through his fault or not his fault he is involved in an accident,,,,,,, as the adage goes, it is the Falang's fault........ why ???? because if he wasn't here the accident would never have happened....

So

As Bkk is the center of govt, Abhisit and Suthep's job requires them to be in Bkk.....

The protesters or those who turned to lawless and criminal actions, were in Bkk voluntarily...... so all they had to do is go home and the trouble would not have happened.....

Hope you have the where-with-all to make the connected similiarity...

Lets hope that alot of this is just typical media sensationalism.

But it does seem to me that both sides of the equation, Red and Yellow, Pro and Anti Taksin, have this 'burning' desire to saboutage Thailand's Tourist industry.

No doubt there are many theories as to why.

the real reason is they do not want us here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'welcome to Thailand, please empty your wallet and leave now"

Will not happen. That would put there Girlfriends and Wives out of work, who would finance there hobbies then.

If you can find a Thai citizen who will fire an RPG at the temple of the emerald buddha for 50k baht, you can find people to do anything.

where was the trouble in Pattaya, i never saw or heard of any trouble, just a few protesters outside city hall

there are hundreds of troubles in pattaya....

Foreigner Suffers Fractured Skull in Severe Pattaya Bike Accident

Neurotic Ladies Thieve Handbag at Pattaya's Hollywood Pub

3 Men Slain in Brazen Daylight Shooting Near Pattaya

Spurned Love Causes Thai Man to Commit Suicide in Pattaya

Fatal High-Speed Shootout Erupts in South Pattaya

4 boys caught attempting to steal motorbike in Central Pattaya

500,000 Baht robbery from Englishman’s home in East Pattaya

Transsexual arrested following theft of money from Indian Tourist

Victim identifies Immigration Police Officer as being involved in Bar Brawl in South Pattaya

Police Complaint made following BB Gun Shooting Incident involving Civil Volunteer

1 Million Baht break-in of Englishman’s House in East Pattaya

Gunfight in Central Pattaya; one dead, one seriously injured

Pattaya Police Volunteer sacked following allegations of corruption

Three arrested following necklace snatch in North Pattaya

Two men caught with gun on Pattaya Beach Road

Italian Tourist drugged and robbed by Thai Woman

Australian punched and stabbed in brawl outside Central Pattaya Bar

these are just few news from the last 3 weeks....

are all episodes threatening thai tourism

but this is the time for blaming redshirts for everything, i'm surprised they aren't been charged yet for causing drought in the country

Targeting falang tourists and it wont only be tourism thats affected, major corporations will cease to invest even less than they plan now. A chance for other countries to cash in on Thailands slippery slope, Government needs to get REAL tough on the RED TERRORISTS ,

Some peope need to get off their high horse.....

It probably starts when your team makes an obvious mistake and its recorded and documented , then you have to be able to admit and accept it..... only then will you start to see that the coin has 2 sides.

If there are any attacks in the aftermath, I think they would be directed at Suthep and Abhisit and/or their families in the form of a sniper / bomb attack. Although I hope this won't happen im afraid that sooner or later it will. They are the prime targets, not tourists etc

careful russell you could be blamed if something happens now

Targeting falang tourists and it wont only be tourism thats affected, major corporations will cease to invest even less than they plan now. A chance for other countries to cash in on Thailands slippery slope, Government needs to get REAL tough on the RED TERRORISTS ,

Its not that simple. They need to find the right balance. If they don't do enough, the reds will go on a rampage. If they go too far, they give fodder to the red's international propaganda efforts and also radicalize future red terrorists.

careful russell you could be blamed if something happens now

No I don't think so, Hantz is not a Cambodian sir name :)

i know too much from my Thai wife who works in that area in Bangkok, Big things are coming for Thaksin " Dr Evil " , watch his private plane get impounded next

Your Thai wife listens to nonsense like so many Thai people are prone to do.

As for Thaksin's plane being impounded, utter rubbish.

In my travel around some western countries I have seen that same Tatoo. Take a good look at those pictures they are white men with that tan stuff you can buy from the chemist. My wife shes white, wears it fairly often. Looks just the same. On motorbikes out of Klong Toey, many expats live there, and these people are probably holed up there, at their friends places. I am sure its the farangs. but my wife keeps telling me she is not the only good farang in the world. I tell her Go Hoc!

Pattaya has for years had one of if not THE highest per capita murder rate outside conflict zones for years. There is nearly a murder a day in a city that has a population of something over 100k.

We have already seen Reds do hugely destructive actions against the Thai people, the state and their interests. Acts of terror against tourist centers are simply the next tantrum. I can't have what I want NOW, I am going to hurt you. Looks more like the Philippines every day - literally.

Can someone please remind me what this was all about anyway? Oh yeah Democracy.

One thing we won't see is the Elite of Thailand budge one inch and they don't need to. The Reds have created such a poor image of themselves (and no this) - that they can be dismissed out of hand as insurgents, thugs, criminals, etc...

I would virtually guarantee that reds are using safe houses, few if any are harboring them. Far too visible.

Edited by bangkokburning

If history repeats itself, 1976 Thammasat University and the 1992 Massacre there will be an underground movement.

Again if history repeats itself most revenge attacks will be directed towards the Government,Military and their sponsors and not Tourists and civilians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6_October_1976_Massacre

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_May_%281992%29

Red cheerleaders repeat themselves.

Your one is to try to link the fights for liberation with the fight for Thaksin.

The first were a tragedy, the second is a farce.

Please don't call me a cheerleader that is insulting!

I never ever have worn a skirt!

The Black clad shooters are from Cambodia , there is now evidence to be released this week on who and why they were contracted for the job, The pay check Master Thaksin made his $$$$$$ deposit some months before this in the case he needed them to cross over into Thailand if he lost his money in the court ruling , Since 911 the world has a special practice of wire tap /cell phone word searching for key words, Thaksin made this list some 3 months ago and all of his evidence now will list him as the money leader behind the terrorism attacks now in Thailand. he likes to say he has no connection but his mighty dollars linked the WAY

Could you a link a source to this information? First time I've heard this and I'd be interested to read more about it.

Sure would be nice if it could be blamed on Cambodia, a much easier pill to swallow than Thai on Thai.

Having a outside enemy so clearly defined would facilitate the government and the population of Thailand to focus on a common need together.

Careful though, that can lead to trouble. GW Bush did it with Iraq. He tried to take the focus off of a much more slippery and vague terror network and cast it to Baghdad. Problem was, Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism at that time. GW did not do America any favor by this, but he kept his job for another 4 years.

My gut tells me that the Cambodian link is not substantial, let's see.

Almost a week ago (i think) K. Nattawut, Kwanchai and the lady singer told their fellow protesters that the government had hired Cambodian sharpshooter/snipers, offering 5000 for every protester killed. They continued saying fellow Thai soldiers had been executed for not wanting to fight against red-shirts. Lastly is was suggested that K. Abhisit was Vietnamese. Search and you'll find these suggestions, insinuations and blatant lies.

I've seen this too, it's been all over Thai broadcast news. Mercenaries from Burma and Cambodia, the money trail, etc.

Yes but all the evidence so far has been individual eyewitnesses and rumors. That does not hold enough credibility for me. A real investigation, report or some evidence would give this rumor some legitimacy. I'm not saying that it's improbable, just that I can't believe everything negative being said about the UDD.

Particularly when over 50,000 websites have been shut down and the mainstream press/ media is in the control of the govt.

The UDD has my sympathies, I hate establishment capitalist pig weenies ( who are killing the planet for profit, ) and the present government is a weenie as it gets.

Viva La Revolution !!

As for Thaksin's plane being impounded, utter rubbish.

I agree. But if the court accepts the terrorism charges against him tomorrow his landing rights will be curtailed and he'll have to be a lot more careful where he flies. If I may paraphrase Thaksin, "There is a theory that it may soon go underground".

Pattaya has for years had one of if not THE highest per capita murder rate outside conflict zones for years. There is nearly a murder a day in a city that has a population of something over 100k.

Phuket has about the same stats thats why I left both places bkk seems safer.

I've seen this too, it's been all over Thai broadcast news. Mercenaries from Burma and Cambodia, the money trail, etc.

Yes but all the evidence so far has been individual eyewitnesses and rumors. That does not hold enough credibility for me. A real investigation, report or some evidence would give this rumor some legitimacy. I'm not saying that it's improbable, just that I can't believe everything negative being said about the UDD.

Particularly when over 50,000 websites have been shut down and the mainstream press/ media is in the control of the govt.

The UDD has my sympathies, I hate establishment capitalist pig weenies ( who are killing the planet for profit, ) and the present government is a weenie as it gets.

Viva La Revolution !!

Nowhere near that many were shut down. The ones that were shut down contain all of the red shirt lies and propaganda that you like, but i can see those on youtube, like the ones where they promise to burn the city, and one where thaksin promised he was going to be there.

Why would you sympathize with these idiots I wonder? Not for democracy, not for "elite" (thaksin is rich and an elite). so why? you love the violence?

Almost a week ago (i think) K. Nattawut, Kwanchai and the lady singer told their fellow protesters that the government had hired Cambodian sharpshooter/snipers, offering 5000 for every protester killed. They continued saying fellow Thai soldiers had been executed for not wanting to fight against red-shirts

Why does the government need to hire Cambodian snipers when they have their own?

This is a rumour that probably started because of some Youtube videos showing some soldiers speaking Khmer. In some areas many Thai speak Khmer or Lao as their first language. Doesn't mean they are Cambodian mercenaries or Lao communist infiltrators.

If the government was trying to kill protesters the body count would be massive. Obviously each death is an albatross around their neck, its not in their interests to hurt people if they can avoid it.

Lets hope that alot of this is just typical media sensationalism.

But it does seem to me that both sides of the equation, Red and Yellow, Pro and Anti Taksin, have this 'burning' desire to saboutage Thailand's Tourist industry.

No doubt there are many theories as to why.

the real reason is they do not want us here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I concur,have you ever seen how some people(thai's)look at you,they hate us.

An anti-government "red shirt" supporter surrenders to army soldiers clearing an encampment of thousands of protesters in Bangkok

Good to see they are getting the hardline militants.

looks to me like she packed away a few grenades

Would like to know where this picture was taken. Sorry to say, but the scenery looks a bit to clean to be anywhere in Thailand?