Vengeful Redshirts Threaten Thai Tourism

webfact

where was the trouble in Pattaya, i never saw or heard of any trouble, just a few protesters outside city hall

There was a very minor confrontation on one day between reds and no-coloured shirts (!) during which a brief scuffle broke out, no injuries or arrests. The Times report is full of inaccuracies (or bluntly, full of lies).

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An anti-government "red shirt" supporter surrenders to army soldiers clearing an encampment of thousands of protesters in Bangkok

Thai_front_slide_1B_718961a.jpg

Good to see they are getting the hardline militants.

she was there, she was warned, she contributed. how about the boys behind her? sorry, this fat country bumpkin and the kwai daeng behind her don't tug on my heartstrings.

She is the Leader of the Purple Shirts!!

I think a golden opportunity was lost when this protest was not stopped at the first signs it was getting out of control. It quickly changed from preaceful protest to cult like and even reds who started thinking they wanted to go home were forced to stay. They were definitely just pawns in the game who no longer had the choice to fight for 'democracy' or not. Ironic indeed. I think this lot will become like Islam extremists but within their own country. There will be tremendous peer pressure in Isaan to join the cause or be ostracized by your friends and family. It's a shame that what seemed like a good cause has degraded to a band of zealots who will not listen to reason and now want to fight just to get attention and to feel powerful. They have become worse than the wrong they condemned. They will become more zealot like and militant than the government they accuse of being corrupt.

I hope I am wrong and it goes back to being LOS but I think once people without purpose get a taste of being important it's impossible to take away.

Of course it will give many a disillusioned young Thai northerner a feeling of importance and a cause outside of looking for a lousy job or growing rice. They are legends in their own mind and potentially dangerous because of this.

WARNING, WARNING. Possible intelligent conversation about to break out in TV forum. Wishiwashi where are you?

What is incorrect with the statement? Should Thai youth of 2010 be content stuck in Nakorn Nowhere growing one crop of rice a year on some shitty cracked and barren land? Have you been to issarn and seen the lack of opportunity and back breaking work for chump change?

This is the crux of the problem - The "elite" have far too much and they are simply unwilling to share. What is worse is that upward mobility is the exception rather than the rule. It usually involves everything except hard work. The question is - where does Thailand go from here. Answer: Philippines

The German Government has introduced since some time 1 Euro (!!) a day Jobs for people on social benefits.... talking about "opportunities" are those people setting the capitol ablaze?

The money trail and "the mans" involvement, "phone ins, encouragement, fiery speeches" in this particular case, tells volumes!

The German Government has introduced since some time 1 Euro (!!) a day Jobs for people on social benefits.... talking about "opportunities" are those people setting the capitol ablaze?

Well no, how much gasoline can you buy for 1 euro in Germany?

Unfortunately the recent Red Shirt protest is just the beginning. We can exect to see an underground movement rise from the ashes of Bangkok. Thailand is a very poor country where millions have no future. The only hope for many families is to pimp out their illiterate daughters and sons to filthy old men from Europe. Thailand will probably never be the same now.

Unfortunately the recent Red Shirt protest is just the beginning. We can exect to see an underground movement rise from the ashes of Bangkok. Thailand is a very poor country where millions have no future. The only hope for many families is to pimp out their illiterate daughters and sons to filthy old men from Europe. Thailand will probably never be the same now.

???? I never saw a country where it is as easy as in Thailand to earn some money and you can life from almost nothing.

These poor without future have a motorbike, relative modern mobile phone and large TV, they don't starve.

is it inconceivable that some posters are paid to dump their prejudiced filth on here?

callin people bumpkins, peasants, ignorant, and a whole plethora of garbage spouted by ppl who can afford a computer AND a home connection to the net!

is no one allowed to complain? or if they are do they have to fit a certain stereotypical image?

and WHAT THE FUNK is a 'red shirt'?? i love my red shirt, is it really 'the wrong colour' now??

get a grip!!

ef

THE RACISM HERE STINKS!!

Well no, how much gasoline can you buy for 1 euro in Germany?

approx. 2/3l or 60+ cl would be enough for a certain Cocktail - is it this what you meant?

is it inconceivable that some posters are paid to dump their prejudiced filth on here?

callin people bumpkins, peasants, ignorant, and a whole plethora of garbage spouted by ppl who can afford a computer AND a home connection to the net!

is no one allowed to complain? or if they are do they have to fit a certain stereotypical image?

and WHAT THE FUNK is a 'red shirt'?? i love my red shirt, is it really 'the wrong colour' now??

get a grip!!

ef

THE RACISM HERE STINKS!!

what race????

To love a corrupt politician because he gives you 500 Baht isn't a race.

Lets hope that alot of this is just typical media sensationalism.

But it does seem to me that both sides of the equation, Red and Yellow, Pro and Anti Taksin, have this 'burning' desire to saboutage Thailand's Tourist industry.

No doubt there are many theories as to why.

"the real reason is they do not want us here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

There may be some truth in that a portion of the Thai population may look negatively on the expat population. However, how most Thais feel towards the tourist industry is quite a different matter indeed!

2 comments:

- Thaksin is a very vengeful man, unfortunately he's not ready to give up for a long time yet.

- He trusts that his insiders will keep their mouths shut. That's a big order, the day will come when someone spills the beans, gotta happen.

Mabye Arisman start "singing"soon?

Let's not forget the ones pimped out to filthy old Thai men too. There are far more young ladies 'servicing' that market than the filthy European market.

Perhaps it is not politically correct to say many people here are ignorant, but I believe it is true. How much do most Thai people know about the world, or even the history of their own country? Ask them sometimes. I am not saying this to insult or to look down on people , but if it is true then it is not wrong to say. The education system here is very bad. Many people are unable to go to school as they must help family with brothers and sisters, work farm, etc. I am not blaming them but the fact is uneducated people are ignorant. The same thing applies to calling people peasants. I believe a peasant is as good as a millionaire, and all people are created equal, but a peasant is still a peasant. Most peasants have no problem with this idea. It is the westerner who finds it to be an insult. Also, as for Thailand being a poor country, in comparison with most of SE Asia it is not poor at all. But it will be once the redshirts get through with it.

My biggest fear here is not Thaksin. it is somebody who is perhaps not even known right now, because it seems to me that someone with a charismatic personality, who was a good speaker, and told the people what they wanted to hear could manipulate the population here to do most anything, no matter how misguided, evil and self-destructive it is. It has happened many times before in history, and it is what is really dangerous about ignorance.

An anti-government "red shirt" supporter surrenders to army soldiers clearing an encampment of thousands of protesters in Bangkok

she was there, she was warned, she contributed. how about the boys behind her? sorry, this fat country bumpkin and the kwai daeng behind her don't tug on my heartstrings.

She is the Leader of the Purple Shirts!!

One thought. Would there be peace in Thailand if everyone was colourblind? :)

Lets wait to see how many interrogations lead to subsequent arrests, perhaps the militant wing is already back in Cambodia, where Thai people go to hide.

The Black clad shooters are from Cambodia , there is now evidence to be released this week on who and why they were contracted for the job, The pay check Master Thaksin made his $$$ deposit some months before this in the case he needed them to cross over into Thailand if he lost his money in the court ruling , Since 911 the world has a special practice of wire tap /cell phone word searching for key words, Thaksin made this list some 3 months ago and all of his evidence now will list him as the money leader behind the terrorism attacks now in Thailand .

he likes to say he has no connection but his mighty dollars linked the WAY

Could you a link a source to this information? First time I've heard this and I'd be interested to read more about it.

i know too much from my Thai wife who works in that area in Bangkok, Big things are coming for Thaksin " Dr Evil " , watch his private plane get impounded next

In other words, "No source, just more rumours and opinions being spoken as if they are a fact". Thanks so much for coming out.

- Thaksin is a very vengeful man, unfortunately he's not ready to give up for a long time yet.

- He trusts that his insiders will keep their mouths shut. That's a big order, the day will come when someone spills the beans, gotta happen.

Khattiya Sawasdipol already did spill some beans.

Here are some quotes from On guard at Bangkok's frontlines by Richard S Ehrlich, which was published just a few days before he was shot:

"On March 9, I was in Dubai and saw Thaksin and spoke with him, and [on May 3], I spoke on the telephone with him. I explained to Thaksin how the army committed murder on April 10, and how they are now bringing tanks and will do it again. I told him now we have to fight. They will shoot women and children. I also described the barricades here." because Thaksin is one of the reds' top leaders.
He said Thaksin told him on the telephone: "'Don't let a lot of people die. I don't want a lot of deaths. You have to hold back the army.'

"Thaksin has no idea about the tactics of fighting. But he's a nice guy."

Here is the interview some hours before he was shot: 'Who would dare to get me'

I think he was shot because he had a big mouth.

Edited by hyperdimension

it seems to me that someone with a charismatic personality, who was a good speaker, and told the people what they wanted to hear could manipulate the population here to do most anything, no matter how misguided, evil and self-destructive it is.
Charismatic people in this world can wield a lot of power, because they can trigger people's emotional response. It seems human nature that people have more trust in others who make them feel good or laugh, and this can make them vulnerable to programming.

I've written in other threads about the need to reprogram the minds of the members of the Red Shirt movement to quell the violent and destructive tendencies that have been indoctrinated into their minds. I suggested the UDD leaders themselves, in exchange for reduced sentences, could be the ones to do that job, since they are the ones who they have been listening to for so long. Charismatic people, such as celebrities, could also be appointed to help in the reprogramming.

looks to me like she packed away a few grenades

She checked in at 42 kilos and when she heard free food, she couln't leave.

Her hands are use to be in the air every time she hears "Who wants more food?"

Very well pointed post. This whole saga is more complex than most can see or are willing to acknowledge.

Just look at some of the actions and countries visited by Thaksin in the months prior to the redshirt "protest/riots",- Fiji (a country very familiar with coup takeovers),.. probably a strategy analysis trip. And then Cambodia,... had to be something sinister going on there,.. and it is ideally and strategically located right on our doorstep and is the backdoor exit/entry to and from Isaan country.

Eye witnesses had said that they heard the black bandits speaking a foreign language (probably Cambodian or Burmese). I'm not surprised that the redshirt innocents and the red shirt insurgents claim to have no knowledge of nor association with the black terrorists,.. simply because the black terrorists were employed by Thaksin to infiltrate and hijack what started out as a peaceful protest. Thaksin wanted anarchy and bloodshed as well as confusion and counter blaming from one group to another. He is an evil and decietful bloody minded man who cares not for the value of any human life,.. let alone Thai!

He's started to mix a catalytic cocktail that will now take on a life of its own. Lets hope that it totally backfires on him and he ends up as the games biggest loser, but there's always a possibility that if this country were to subside into a massive civil/militia uprising (which may be even more of a probability when HM eventually passes on) that he could ride into Thailand on the back of a Cambodian tank.

Frankly I'm using the next few months as the calm before the storm to arrange for a quick exit out with my family at the first sign of anything similar to recent events or any further decline in law, order or rising terrorist attacks.

One things clear to me and that is that this is far from over and I'm watching things very carefully.

Pay special attention to minute 1:30 to 1:35 in this video from Thai Visa member VictorMeldrew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhg1QgpxZSo

OK, and your point?

I guess I assumed most posters had followed this from the beginning, sorry. At 1:30 we see the blackshirt "ronin" armed from the night of April 10. At a later date we see him onstage with Red Shirt leadership who disavow any knowledge of "black shirts" but constantly told their crowds the "black shirts" would protect them. It exposes the lie.

Your waisting your time. It is easy to see. Look at the red in Hex's posting and look at his question. He is either daft or he is trying to work you up in his typical scam fashion. This is what he does all day. He doesn't have a real job.

looks to me like she packed away a few grenades

She checked in at 42 kilos and when she heard free food, she couln't leave.

Her hands are use to be in the air every time she hears "Who wants more food?"

I'm glad to see this thread has outlived it's useful commentary. Maybe it should be closed... It's not even entertaining, along with not news worthy.