Jomtien Shining Star Complex - Anybody Knows?

pdrhan

Hi everybody - planning our holiday almost one month in Jomtien Shining star complex - is it a good place for adults and 2 kids?

I have absolutely no knowledge of the place and want to know more - so if anybody is familiar with the place - please tell...

Rgds Peder

I would not advise anyone to rent and spend a holiday in this condominium. It is particularly unsuited to a family with children:-

1/ There are at least ten 'go-go' bars right beside it.

2/ They have an open-air venue right beside the swimming pool blaring out live music late into the night catering to elderly fat foreigners with their young Thai partners.

3/ The building is mainly occupied by people in Pattaya for sex.

4/ It has no sea view. There is a 30 storey building between it and the sea.

5/ To say it a a luxury condominium is a lie. Everything about it is tenth rate.

6/ The ambience of the immediate vicinity is one of cheap sex for sale - and all the shabbiness to be found in such areas.

I would not advise anyone to rent and spend a holiday in this condominium. It is particularly unsuited to a family with children:-

2/ They have an open-air venue right beside the swimming pool blaring out live music late into the night catering to elderly fat foreigners with their young Thai partners.

5/ To say it a a luxury condominium is a lie. Everything about it is tenth rate.

6/ The ambience of the immediate vicinity is one of cheap sex for sale - and all the shabbiness to be found in such areas.

Sounds like my kind of place. :) Please be more open on your advert and tell more. Pleeeeeas. :D

OK:::::Hmmm sad to hear that.....but pictures does not tell all , neither do landlord...;-(

Hmm - maybe i shall keep the ordered apartment in BKK then......

Never knew there where 10 GoGo Bars in Jomtien. Must be the new Walking Street then. I see I should go out more often.

But the location is not for a Family, so the advice given to you is still ok.

I could imagine that View Talay 3 would be a good choice. Direct access to the nicest Beach in Pattaya/Jomtien, nice Pool and you can walk to Jomtien along the Beach in around 10 Minutes. A little out of the Way between Jomtien and Pattaya but not at a Baht Bus Route. Water Park is just around the corner.

There is only ONE go go bar in all of Jomtien and it is not adjacent to that condo. The bars near that condo are beer bars. I agree it isn't the best place for a family for children and that the condo is not a luxury building. However, I am not certain it is a totally disastrous choice either. There are definitely some vacationers with children in the vicinity. If you haven't booked there already, don't. If you can change, change.

Edited by Jingthing

There is only 1 gogo bar in Jomtien,get your facts right.

I dont know of anywhere in Jomtien that caters for old fat foreigners,whether they have young or old thai partners.

You say the building is occupied by people in Pattaya for sex????.I thought this place is in Jomtien,not Pattaya,and if somebody decides to go to Pattaya,you say they are going for sex,how do you know this.The vicinity is for Cheap sex is it,not expensive sex,so you have been before have you to know this.

UTTER DRIVEL

Edited by somtampet

Peder it is Not as Bad as some posters are making out.Some of the rooms in Shining Star are actually very Nice.I am sure you and your familly will enjoy your stay there. Goodluck

Edited by SUPERIOR

Jomtien is a dam_n site better for kids than Pattaya proper. Yes, there is only 1 Go-Go bar on Thappraya Rd close to this condo but you see nothing from the road all the others are just beer bars and no worse than a Hooters restaurant in the USA. At this point I wouldn't be taking kids to this area yet many do, mostly Europeans and Russians. I can't comment about the Shinning Star Condos because I haven't been in them but I can see them from my balcony. I like Jomtien but wouldn't want to live in Pattaya, too in your face. (great facilities though and I use them often) PS - you get rats in any tropical area not just here.

Edited by gerry53

Wow - thanks for all the info , seems i shall not book 23 days there - problem is that we are 3adults and two kids , its much cheaper for us to rent an appartment than have to book 2 hotelrooms , and we can all stay in one appartment , this appartment i have looked at i 127sqm with 2 bedrooms and huge livingroom and 2 bathrooms - where else do i get that?

And for close to 1600THB/day.

My other choise is The Residencegarden besides Captains Corner restaurant - but it is a bit more expensive , but if this is better choice we will take that....anybody knows Residencegarden?

Will it be better for us?

Sory about all these stupid questions - but we do not know Pattaya and Jomtien that good.

Rgds Peder

Edited by pdrhan

Jomtien on the beach would be fine, a bit further down Jomtien beach road. I wouldn't suggest Residencegarden as it is on a hill between Pattaya and Jomtien, not so good for transport, and not near the beach. I can't suggest specific properties on Jomtien beach road, but there are many.

Jomtien on the beach would be fine, a bit further down Jomtien beach road. I wouldn't suggest Residencegarden as it is on a hill between Pattaya and Jomtien, not so good for transport, and not near the beach. I can't suggest specific properties on Jomtien beach road, but there are many.

???? It's on the Baht Bus route between Pattaya and Jomtien and is GREAT for transport in either direction.

???? It's on the Baht Bus route between Pattaya and Jomtien and is GREAT for transport in either direction.

OK, what I meant is there is nothing right THERE, OK? Kids will want a beach right in front of the property. Schlepping back and forth every time with their beach gear is a major drag. I assume they want a relaxing, convenient BEACH holiday with a family, got it?

Another issue is the buses at that point are often full with not enough open seats for a family unless they don't mind standing at the back.

Edited by Jingthing

It's more than 5 minutes, especially in traffic. I agree they won't mind it once in awhile but the typical vacationing family goes to the beach everyday, so not convenient. Do what you want, but if I had children I would not stay in that location. It's really much better to be on the beach ALREADY when vacationing in a beach resort. That's why the place is cheaper!

Edited by Jingthing

In that case I would go for the Residence Garden. With the Road in Front of the Hotel finished its nice there. They do have 2 pools, one in the Front towards the Street and one in the Back. Both are good for Children too, so they would be fine there. Its at a Baht Bus Route, so you will be fast everywhere.

for that money you can probably get one of the bungalows in Jomtien Condotel or, better Grand Condotel, village. Both within walking distance to beach, shops, restuarants, baht bus route and have swimming pools and tennis courts (small charge for the latter). both of which are reasonably secure (by Pattaya/Jomtien standards) and family friendly (plenty live there - particulalrly Grand Condotel village).

Any of you knows View Talay 5c ?

How about this place?

It's a nice new building with good facilities right near the beach. It's in inner Jomtien which is quite busy. Dongtan Beach right there is known as the most popular gay beach in SE Asia (if not all of Asia), but that isn't necessarily a problem as other flavors of crowds are available within a short walk. A problem with newer buildings can be construction noises if neighbors are developing their units which are sold as shells.

I don't know if they have improved the height of the balcony railings but i seem to remember when i bought a condo in VT2 a few years ago i was realy worried about the height of the balcony rails to the extent of getting one more added.

i would be realy concerned if had children wheather they be tall of tiny, just a thought.

Here is a good web site for all VT

http://www.view-talay-condos.net/holiday_rentals.php