Which Mobile Plan Has The Cheapest Tariffs?

paddydubai

I just bought a number and Freedom SIM card from AIS 12Call yesterday. It works fine in terms of connections, but it occurred to me that I might have been a bit hasty as I just bought the first thing I was offered at one of dozens of mobile stalls in a shopping mall in north BKK and didn't bother to shop around.

I paid 299 baht for the subscription, which was dumb of me as I discovered from the website that it should have only been 50! Calls to all networks outside of AIS are 1 baht per minute.

Is this too high? Should I cut my losses and switch before I give out the new phone number to all and sundry?

I only want to make calls and SMS, no internet or anything fancy.

Any thoughts?

on my opinion you should throw away that Sim or sell it, and get one Happy DTAC sim card that costs less than 100 bahts and then switch to the promotion that you pay 0.25 bahts/ min to other DTAC members and 0.99 bahts / min for any other network in thailand.

With all the every changing/new plans and double talk/fine print that comes with Thai cell phone plans/SIMs, Like "300 Minutes Free Per Month for only 300 Baht/Month" and the confusing additional minutes charges, it's hard to tell. But for me after sorting/using some of the plans, the wife and I have been on DTAC PostPay Plan for over a year now with no regrets...plus they have a good web (Thai and English) and a service call center that speaks pretty good English also. Your experience may vary.

DTAC seems to be cheaper unless you keep up with all the promotions and take advantage, which means you probably speak Thai and have a lot of free time on your hands.

AIS has the best reception in the country though. The 250 baht card was either a rip off, or a "nice" number, or it included some initial minutes - nice numbers can make a prepaid card much more expensive.

For unlimited data True is the best (postpaid). 599 for unlimited 3G data + x amount of minutes and SMS included.