Australian Man Arrested Over Thai Protests

webfact

well he asked for it. Givin' teachers a bad name! Hope they forget about this chode.

Those contrived emotions are really silly. If he ever sees the light of day after this, maybe he can join an emo band with all those fake, forced emotions.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please dont send him back to OZ! Let him rot here in a Thai jail forever! Please send a message to these idiots or it will happen again. He dont need this trash spoiling it for the rtest of us here!

To suggest he was a member of the SAS is an insult to that regiment. This guy was an Army reservist.

Clearly, he is two bob short of a quid.

every tuesday night and one weekend a month he would rock up for marching practice :)

SAS? what a gum nut.

What did happen to Jeff Savage?

The last I heard he was still "hiding" (what a big man he is now... NOT!); supposedly in Pattaya...

No, in IDC Bangkok, probably the same cell as the aussie/irish.

What a knob and tosser - typical army reservist wannabe. All he needs now is a yellow Hummvee and he's set :) It makes me ashamed to say I'm Aussie - a real embarrassment to Australians.

I'm with you Wadsy. In Australia it could be suggested that he must have been born with two Di**cks. No one could become so stupid by just playing with one!

Ohhhh God What a W _ _ _ _ _ As an ex Australian Soldier i Would like to Point out this Guy was a reservist not full time and was probably (let Go ) as his services were probably not wanted and i wish they would have said his real job if he had one probably on the Dole or Bogus Pension ! I aggree RJ Send him to the BKK Hilton not back here !

Embarressed Aussie Sorry Thailand!

Edited by Seanextra

Why is it always the Aussies and Brit who come to center stage here in Thailand for being just plain stupid.

Yesterdays OTHER main English language newspaper had a mention of a Pattaya based English guy inciting various things around central World before the arson attack and is also on YouTube, anyone have any more info on this??

Why is it always the Aussies and Brit who come to center stage here in Thailand for being just plain stupid.

Yesterdays OTHER main English language newspaper had a mention of a Pattaya based English guy inciting various things around central World before the arson attack and is also on YouTube, anyone have any more info on this??

A whole thread (or 2). He's been arrested.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Briton-Red-S...eg-t367616.html

Arrested.

Discussion here.

I find it amazing how easy it is for some people to wish someone to spend time in the "Thai Clinker" or "two years in Bangkok Hilton." This man obviously made the wrong decision to speak on the stage. I was asked to speak on the stage as well. I knew better. I am not a Red supporter or a Yellow supporter because I know that Thai politics are not my concern nor should they be. I would talk to both sides with an open mind and not judge. Thailand is not my country so I had no right to judge.

I would never wish for someone to endure the pain and suffering he is sure to be going through for only speaking on a stage. Anyone with a small amount of common sense would know that he had very little to do with the end results. Deported? Yes! Most definitely! Time in prison. Too much. It is like killing a spider with a shotgun. Deportation would get the message across to foreigners not to interfere.

I absolutely agree with you, but I think we're probably in the minority on this one.

Conor David Purcell, a former Australian military reservist, is a long way from home. The 29-year-old has two infected hip wounds, no money, no passport and survives on handouts from his Thai and foreign friends.

I don't know his complete story, but... Sounds like another derailed person who suddenly found new meaning to his life. Manifestations like these tends to be like a magnet for such kind. He ended up in a foreign country with no means of living a self sufficient life. Why don't he get back home, seek medical treatment, find a decent job, have wife and kids... instead of living like a bum. Since he got no passport, I'll guess he can't renew his visa either. That means the he's staying here illegally. Why does some put themselves into situations like these?

Edited by xenomorph

Hmm I don't really think this is a good idea. Why arrest only foreigners?

I know that he is a "farang" moron, but there are probably 20 or 30 more "Thai" moron that spoke at the rally.

yes yes this is thailand. but im still sad seeing this.

Oh, so those images shown on Australian TV of THAI 'Protestors' and Red Shirts being handcuffed, blindfolded and thrown into a dark and dingy cell - yes, the ones all the snivel libertarians and do-gooders said were outrageous and against basic human rights. I suppose they were bullshit?

Why arrest only foreigners? Good grief. There's a mug gets off the plane every minute.

No, not ONLY Farang get arrested.

More than 500 Thais have already been arrested.

Go read the papers.

Show me the news that the police go to a protester's house, and arrest them because he/she spoke at the rally.

This guy was not arrested on site.

cpofc: I meant that the speakers during the rally. Not the protesters in general.

Edited by thepodest

Oh yeah Australia is an egalitarian society.. as long as you are white, narrow minded and a racist.

Walk down the main street of Sydney and you will find it hard to spot an Aussie... There are penty of idiots around everywhere buddy...

White, Narrow minded and racist? Seemed like you just proved that you have at least 2 of those qualities... :D

koh Falang..........Are you questioning his color? :)

Over the past few months I've seen just too many drunk farang idiots that thought it was funny to dance on a table with a red bandana on their head. And I don't go to bars that much. Many were photographed and VDO'd. Stupidity knows no boundaries. Getting on the red stage tops it all though.

[/quote

I have not seen farangs on tables or anything else in red bandaners; but I have personally meet in my time in Pattaya hundreds of ex-CIA-MOSAD-FBI-MI5-SAS etc. Unfortunately the place is full of bushit artisis and the like. But this idiot is just that!

We must all try and remember his name and face so we never give this nutter any money by way any so called charity he may well set up.

Haha ... this is the Australian Sniper as reported by some radio stations this morning??? :)

That's right he is. It is all over the Radio this morning, I swear.

I don't know about television. Did they discuss about the Australian sniper(s)?

OMG! If the "reds" won they would have made him an economic adviser! Lock him in BKK-Hilton throw away the key and no vegemite only som-tam. Want to live like Thai then die like one. Better yet let Col. Romklao's regiment have him for a while!

I find it amazing how easy it is for some people to wish someone to spend time in the "Thai Clinker" or "two years in Bangkok Hilton." This man obviously made the wrong decision to speak on the stage. I was asked to speak on the stage as well. I knew better. I am not a Red supporter or a Yellow supporter because I know that Thai politics are not my concern nor should they be. I would talk to both sides with an open mind and not judge. Thailand is not my country so I had no right to judge.

I would never wish for someone to endure the pain and suffering he is sure to be going through for only speaking on a stage. Anyone with a small amount of common sense would know that he had very little to do with the end results. Deported? Yes! Most definitely! Time in prison. Too much. It is like killing a spider with a shotgun. Deportation would get the message across to foreigners not to interfere.

I absolutely agree with you, but I think we're probably in the minority on this one.

Well written I agree, maybe we should make a poll :)

I fully understand your point of view. I do not like to wish ill will upon anyone either. But people have to take responsibility for their own actions. These two 'men's' action were illegal, irresponsible, arrogant and embarrassing. Purcell in particular, has, whilst performing what could be called almost an Ambassadorial Act, sopeaking on behalf of Australia and the Australian Army, he has dirtied the name of my country and the australian army. For that he should pay. If he wanted a more comfortable cell he should have broken the law in Australia and not Thailand. The bloke is a bludger.

Here is a link to an Australian newspaper website regarding this individual.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/newsh...-thai-protests/

To suggest he was a member of the SAS is an insult to that regiment. This guy was an Army reservist.

and even that is only attributed in the article to:

friends said Mr Purcell had also served in the Australian Army Reserve.

while the government says:

But the Australian Embassy has raised doubts over Purcell's background. Investigations are reported to question his university and military experience, and that he was not a member of the Army reserves, sources told AAP.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-world...00503-u3jt.html

He's not even a reservist whilst claiming SAS service.

I fully understand your point of view. I do not like to wish ill will upon anyone either. But people have to take responsibility for their own actions. These two 'men's' action were illegal, irresponsible, arrogant and embarrassing. Purcell in particular, has, whilst performing what could be called almost an Ambassadorial Act, sopeaking on behalf of Australia and the Australian Army, he has dirtied the name of my country and the australian army. For that he should pay. If he wanted a more comfortable cell he should have broken the law in Australia and not Thailand. The bloke is a bludger.

I aggree no one forced him or maybe he was on the payroll like some of the others ? Seems like he was short of a buck !

When he was first reported with the red shirts there was a photo knocking around with someone that looked like him (or it was him?) dressed for the Yellow shirts when they kidnapped the airport.

Was it the same man?

some wounds can't be stitched at once since when there's a cavity it will fill with whatever oozes inside , which of course will infect since the wound is open ; in this case you need a special dressing that must be done everyday then every two days . It consists in 1)clean wound 2) stuff dressing inside so that it fills the cavity 3) no stitching , but cover with clean band aid . day two 1) pull off dirty dressing ooooooouch 2) stuff clean one inside oooooouuuuuch 3) still no stitching; wound will close little by little and you must use strong antiseptic all the time; every day you need to stuff less dressing inside. :D the scar won't look too good :)

I'm confident he'll receive proper care at last while on custody , which will avoid fatal bone infection , so it's the best could happen to him because he didn't get proper medical advice where he was.

So out of 500+ speakers in the last 2months, they chose to arrest a farang out of the group?

What to sensationalize the radical behaviors of farangs in thailand?

As said, go read the papers. :)

No, not ONLY Farang get arrested.

More than 500 Thais have already been arrested.

Go read the papers.

If smart they will lock him up for a few months then deport him. This guy sounds like a pathological liar so if he's out early he will likely make up all kinds of stories for the western media to embellish.