Australian Man Arrested Over Thai Protests

webfact

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another (military) wannabe looking for his 15 Mins. Yes, like has been said, the bloke is actually an Irish Immigrant.

it is obvious that Thailand is not the only country in the world to import dickheads, Australia does too.

Great! At least Jeff will have someone to share a cell with.

Oh yeah Australia is an egalitarian society.. as long as you are white, narrow minded and a racist.

Walk down the main street of Sydney and you will find it hard to spot an Aussie... There are penty of idiots around everywhere buddy...

White, Narrow minded and racist? Seemed like you just proved that you have at least 2 of those qualities... :)

Thailand has the best sideshow attractions.

Too true... just a pity most (if not all) of the sideshows here in Thailand feature "farangs"... can be a bit embarrassing at times.

Thailand has the best sideshow attractions.

Too true... just a pity most (if not all) of the sideshows here in Thailand feature "farangs"... can be a bit embarrassing at times.

I did like it in that video when he said he got shot twice and then everyone cheered! I was cheering that one myself.

Morons like this deserve everything they get. He looks like an opportunistic, attention-seeking loner who was probably creaming himself when all those people waved their foot-clappers at him.

Send him back to Ireland - Australia doesn't need more idiots like this.

:) som nom na. I think if he gets 2 years at the Bangkok Hilton, maybe he will think twice next time. Change your shirt to yellow..

Has his embassy not tried to help him with his missing passport and lack of funds? Or his family? Or has he worn out his welcome of everyone? I understand terrorism charges are going to be filed against Taksin. I believe he will be returned to Thailand rather quickly then. No country wasts to harbor a terrorist.

his embassy agreed with most posters on here and told him to go home then "went back in their air conditioned office and made a cup of tea" :D:D I guess he expected them to organize a parade and award him a medal? what a douche nozzle I hope they will make a poster of him pointing at that stupid bandana on his head and use it as a public service message what not to do in a foreign country.

Idiots like this are small fish in big seas in Australia and Australia does not want him/it back. But here - he got his 5 minutes of fame - his head blew out to twice its size and his ego took control of his pea brain. And the Aussies gave this guy a gun and trained him! A notorious example of a soldier but easy prey for mind benders like Seh Daeng. Hi was a sucker born to be made an example of. As many have said - Som Num Na.

Ha... another patsy.

I wonder how many of the speakers will escape arrest or just written off into the "cannot be found" category.

I have mixed feelings about the coming punishment for this guy and as long as what he receives what others doing the same receive then ok. But if a double standard applies, then regardless of his nationality, people should be screaming unfair.

TheWalkingMan

The crime and punishment would not be the same would they as one offender is a national and the other is not. Nothing unfair about it as they made it quite clear from the beginning that no foreigner is allowed to protest.

Hmm I don't really think this is a good idea. Why arrest only foreigners?

I know that he is a "farang" moron, but there are probably 20 or 30 more "Thai" moron that spoke at the rally.

yes yes this is thailand. but im still sad seeing this.

Edited by thepodest

Good riddance to the nutter............ since he was claiming to be able to go head to head with anyone in Asia affairs - lets see how he handles this one. Have an oppinion -ok, discuss it on TV..... stilll kinda ok............ Stand on a stage in public and express those views holding a foreign passport - not recommended.

Some Irish lad, described as 'Australian" blathering some tinpot revolutionary gibberish in an American accent, trying to preach about something he doesn't know, in a place he shouldn't be! What a dumb <deleted>!

I wonder if his so-called "Charity Work" included offering charity mercenary service to a multi-billionaire and displaying his alleged sniper prowess, clad in a black shirt and face mask, for the billionaire's covert terrorist army?!

After his 15 minutes of fame (infamy), I hope this douche enjoys countless hours in the Bangkok Hilton!

2 years of spooning at the Bangkok Hilton - than deported to Australia where he will attempt to write a book, only to find out that no one is interested - what a nutter :)

We don't want this half wit allowed back into Australia......it's only fair he be sent back to Ireland. :D

Speaking of his own embassy, it's a shame he didn't heed the advice from May 3rd and get the heck out of town:

But the Australian Embassy has raised doubts over Purcell's background. Investigations are reported to question his university and military experience, and that he was not a member of the Army reserves, sources told AAP.

The English language Bangkok Post, quoting an embassy source, said Purcell's behaviour and public statements were disturbing and he had been advised to return to Australia. He's actually broken quite a few Thai laws, the report said.

The Sydney Morning Herald from May 3, 2010

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-world...00503-u3jt.html

Over the radio (MCOT 96.5) news talk show, they say he has sniper training when he was in the Army. He could be the one shooting the innocent at the temple where they found 6 dead bodies.

I know that he is a "farang" moron, but there are probably 20 or 30 more "Thai" moron that spoke at the rally.

Oh, so those images shown on Australian TV of THAI 'Protestors' and Red Shirts being handcuffed, blindfolded and thrown into a dark and dingy cell - yes, the ones all the snivel libertarians and do-gooders said were outrageous and against basic human rights. I suppose they were bullshit?

Why arrest only foreigners? Good grief. There's a mug gets off the plane every minute.

Oh, so those images shown on Australian TV of THAI 'Protestors' and Red Shirts being handcuffed, blindfolded and thrown into a dark and dingy cell - yes, the ones all the snivel libertarians and do-gooders said were outrageous and against basic human rights. I suppose they were bullshit?

Why arrest only foreigners? Good grief. There's a mug gets off the plane every minute.

No, not ONLY Farang get arrested.

More than 500 Thais have already been arrested.

Go read the papers.

I find it amazing how easy it is for some people to wish someone to spend time in the "Thai Clinker" or "two years in Bangkok Hilton." This man obviously made the wrong decision to speak on the stage. I was asked to speak on the stage as well. I knew better. I am not a Red supporter or a Yellow supporter because I know that Thai politics are not my concern nor should they be. I would talk to both sides with an open mind and not judge. Thailand is not my country so I had no right to judge.

I would never wish for someone to endure the pain and suffering he is sure to be going through for only speaking on a stage. Anyone with a small amount of common sense would know that he had very little to do with the end results. Deported? Yes! Most definitely! Time is prison. Too much. It is like killing a spider with a shotgun. Deportation would get the message across to foreigners not to interfere.

Speaking of his own embassy, it's a shame he didn't heed the advice from May 3rd and get the heck out of town:

But the Australian Embassy has raised doubts over Purcell's background. Investigations are reported to question his university and military experience, and that he was not a member of the Army reserves, sources told AAP.

The English language Bangkok Post, quoting an embassy source, said Purcell's behaviour and public statements were disturbing and he had been advised to return to Australia. He's actually broken quite a few Thai laws, the report said.

The Sydney Morning Herald from May 3, 2010

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-world...00503-u3jt.html

Over the radio (MCOT 96.5) news talk show, they say he has sniper training when he was in the Army. He could be the one shooting the innocent at the temple where they found 6 dead bodies.

Sniper my arse. The <deleted> couldn't knock a sick old mole off a sloping shithouse roof!

So out of 500+ speakers in the last 2months, they chose to arrest a farang out of the group?

What to sensationalize the radical behaviors of farangs in thailand?

That should persuade more farangs to visit LOS.

What an idiot trying to be an inspirational speaker but he's just inspired the police to lock him up. He's got that completely wrong, I wonder what his thinking now. Why don't Farangs just stay out of it, if your going to put yourself in this position of course your going to be picked out because you stand out. :)

So out of 500+ speakers in the last 2months, they chose to arrest a farang out of the group?

No. This is just one that you've noticed. There are have been many other arrests, and plenty of arrest warrants.

No, to set an example for the rest of us.