Best Fish & Chips In Bkk ?

powderpuff

This will make you laugh... Try the fish and chips in Samitivej Hospital. Very reasonable at 150 Baht a pop, freshly cooked and not to shabby at all!

Which Samitivej branch, Srinakarin or Sukhumvit?

Yes, someone told me the same thing about Samitivej Sukhumvit fish and chips. When I tried it was dry and basically awful. Perhaps it was just a bad day??

If it is anything to go by from Bangkok Hospital the Fish and Chips are disgusting. I belive there is a Hospital Food Supplier called Sodexo - avoid, avoid, reminds me of the <deleted> they used to serve back in UK hospitals.

I was talking about the Sukhumvit Branch. I've had them a couple of times since, and I think it depends on the chef as the fish can be a little dry. But Hey ! It's hospital food ! And for 150Baht still a reasonable lunch time meal. Fat Gutz is tasty, but three times the price.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to take this thread off course, however I was more interested in the following remark,

"Good live blues/jazz band on Wed, Fri and Saturday, led by guitarist Jerry Byrd. After 9 the place packs out."

Perhaps SJ could give a review of the music, not a fan of jazz, and prefer Buddy Guy and John Lee Hooker type blues over Robert Cray for instance.

Have been at a loose end ever since Tokyo Joes closed, Saxaphone doesnt do it for me, dont much care for the layout of the place or the more jazzier type of music.

Was the place rockin, were people up dancing and having a good old time of it, or was it a more laid back type of place with people more restrained?

Sorry just saw this. I like the way Jerry & company do the blues at FG. It's nothing like Buddy Guy or John Lee Hooker, more like Chuck Berry or Little Richard ... with Wes Montgomery on guitar. ;) A definite change of pace for Bkk, blues-wise. The crowd gets into it, though there's no room to dance. The reason tables are reserved so early on those nights is because of the music. Worth a try.

At last - a really important issue on TV!

Cafe Fish Siam Paragon gets my vote (Emporium not quite as good). There's a chippy in Bridlington, UK that sets the Gold standard for me - but Cafe Fish was close.

Now if there was somewhere with good live music and good fish and chips ....

sabaijai,

thanks for the reply, excellent sounds interesting.

I would have called that rock n roll, but what do I know, when I hear what passes for R n B these days, poor Otis must be turning in his grave.

Was down in Pattaya recently, great evening, singer couldnt sing, drummer couldnt keep time, guitarist kept hitting bum notes,

bar was going crazy, people having a great time, was all oldies they played, an international crowd loving it, people up dancing, sweat dripping from the ceiling.

Funny you mention CB, people from the crowd were getting up on stage and joining in, one guy doing the duck walk, another got up and belted out Blueberry Hill,

crowd wouldnt let the band off stage, amazing what a few beers does for you.

Will be checking this place out, thanks again.