Japan Vs England

Sarpedon

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TrueSport 1 with a kick off at 7.15pm.

Turkish Grand Prix on same night with a 7.00pm green light.

Sweet,..

Where's it being played ?? Vienna ??

3 or 4-0 i would have thought, this isn't a good Japanese side..

Sweet,..

Yeah i'm looking forward to the Grand Prix as well :)

Sweet,..

3 or 4-0 Who to? Let's hope we play better than our last attempt.

Just on a side note, but more important, i am delighted to see a very impressive Tottenham presence on this thread :)

Sweet,..

UPC Arena in Graz.

High altitude training basically. :)

Sweet,..

Should see a full strenght England side for at least the first half I think so yeah a confident win for them.

Sweet,..

Should see a full strenght England side for at least the first half I think so yeah a confident win for them.

knowing england it will probably be an unconvincing 1-0 win or a draw.

got to give the tabloids something to feed off!

Sweet,..

Just on a side note, but more important, i am delighted to see a very impressive Tottenham presence on this thread :D

Unreal, beat the Mexican's easily without playing well, same with the best Team in Africa, qualify from the Group easily & take the foot off the Gass in only the Final Game when we've qualified yet people & the Press still knock us left, right & centre.. :)

I like our mentality, i like the way that we're playing sh*t yet winning, we're alright & have the best Manager in the Tournament which will count for alot..

You can stick your T*ttenham presence up your arse too..

Sweet,..

Just on a side note, but more important, i am delighted to see a very impressive Tottenham presence on this thread :D

Unreal, beat the Mexican's easily without playing well, same with the best Team in Africa, qualify from the Group easily & take the foot off the Gass in only the Final Game when we've qualified yet people & the Press still knock us left, right & centre.. :)

I like our mentality, i like the way that we're playing sh*t yet winning, we're alright & have the best Manager in the Tournament which will count for alot..

Agree with all of that.....especially the last bit! :D

Sweet,..

Singer, i had the misfortune of watching the Mexican Game. England was very luck not be down about 3 goals before they scored.

Thank Green the the two posts.

Sweet,..

Also agree with all of it well until the uncontrollable rage spilled over near the end. :D

Sweet,..

Unreal, beat the Mexican's easily without playing well, same with the best Team in Africa, qualify from the Group easily & take the foot off the Gass in only the Final Game when we've qualified yet people & the Press still knock us left, right & centre.. :D

Also agree with all of it well until the uncontrollable rage spilled over near the end. :D

:D:)

Jimbo, but you know what, that's what Goalkeepers are there for & that's what Green does best, he stops shots.. Crosses are a different thing altogether though unfortunately..

But we went into the break at 2-1, not 0-3..:D

Yea but twice their strikers were in alone against Green. The clear chances in the first half were Mexico 5, England 2.5. Crouches goal was offside, handball - you name it.

Anyways, I am sure the boys were just going through the motions as to not slip on that disaster of a surface which is the home and pride of English Football.

Yea but twice their strikers were in alone against Green. The clear chances in the first half were Mexico 5, England 2.5. Crouches goal was offside, handball - you name it.

Anyways, I am sure the boys were just going through the motions as to not slip on that disaster of a surface which is the home and pride of English Football.

But King isn't first choice Centre Back is he so................??

Ferdinand isn't fit, that's as clear as anything & was just getting some playing time under his belt like he'll do against the Japs..

I'm missing your angle here James really, i'm not quite sure what you're saying considering the Team England had out against a pretty much full strngth Mexican Team ??

Are you saying we have a great Goalkeeper, or are you saying some of our Squad, because it certainly wasn't a first choice 11 on Monday night, are shit ??

Edited by MSingh

Ferdinand isn't fit, that's as clear as anything & was just getting some playing time under his belt like he'll do against the Japs..

I'm missing your angle here James really, i'm not quite sure what you're saying considering the Team England had out against a pretty much full strngth Mexican Team ??

Are you saying we have a great Goalkeeper, or are you saying some of our Squad, because it certainly wasn't a first choice 11 on Monday night, are shit ??

Well I am saying they looked like shit (apparently Mr. Cappello agrees). Regards to CB's and all players for that matter, if you are saying King isn't good enough then get him out of the squad. The Mexican's are shorter than me for crying out loud and if Franco is the most dangerous player on the team (Based on the first half before he got injured) and King and Ferdinand can't handle him, it is saying something. The midfield, granted not first choice, were over run. And I am saying that England was very lucky to have that scoreline.

But then I did say they were going through the motions (i hope so for their sake) cause if they weren't ooops.

Anyways, time to pull up their socks.

Well I am saying they looked like shit (apparently Mr. Cappello agrees). Regards to CB's and all players for that matter, if you are saying King isn't good enough then get him out of the squad. The Mexican's are shorter than me for crying out loud and if Franco is the most dangerous player on the team (Based on the first half before he got injured) and King and Ferdinand can't handle him, it is saying something. The midfield, granted not first choice, were over run. And I am saying that England was very lucky to have that scoreline.

But then I did say they were going through the motions (i hope so for their sake) cause if they weren't ooops.

What do you mena if i say King isn't good enough then get him out of the Squad ??

For starters i didn't say that & secondly it isn't my Squad... :D

They have been going through the motions for a while now in my opinion yet are winning Games left, right & centre & long may it continue..

Give me that any day going into a major Tournament than go flying in on Top Form like the Dutch normally do or that Idiot Maradona chooses to do this time by bullying an Eskimo Nation..:)

What do you mena if i say King isn't good enough then get him out of the Squad ??

They have been going through the motions for a while now in my opinion yet are winning Games left, right & centre & long may it continue..

Give me that any day going into a major Tournament than go flying in on Top Form like the Dutch normally do or that Idiot Maradona chooses to do this time by bullying an Eskimo Nation..:)

First of all - We are Hockey Nation - Gold Medal Winning one the last time I checked. They didn't tell our part time National Soccer team that we couldn't use sticks until 5 minutes before kick-off against Marrydonna and co.

With regards to King - my point and last one for the day - is with Rio's back and Terry's head both suffering chronically, chances are the back up CB's will see some action. If King isn't good enough to be a first choice fill-in, then get him out.

Anyways, I am sure team Chelsea will play in the Japan game to boost their confidence.

Give me that any day going into a major Tournament than go flying in on Top Form like the Dutch normally do or that Idiot Maradona chooses to do this time by bullying an Eskimo Nation.. :D

First of all - We are Hockey Nation - Gold Medal Winning one the last time I checked. They didn't tell our part time National Soccer team that we couldn't use sticks until 5 minutes before kick-off against Marrydonna and co.

With regards to King - my point and last one for the day - is with Rio's back and Terry's head both suffering chronically, chances are the back up CB's will see some action. If King isn't good enough to be a first choice fill-in, then get him out.

Anyways, I am sure team Chelsea will play in the Japan game to boost their confidence.

:D

King will be alright, one dodgy Game doesn't make a Summer, that's the old saying isn't it ?? :D

Yep, Team Chelsea to play, that gives me just as much reason to not celebrate anything to do with England as much as a Ledley & Crouch Goal did on Monday.. :)

My life is horrible.. :D

What would you lot know about that? Try spending yet another World Cup looking through the window and feeling nothing but a fleeting admiration for a great goal or a wonderfully close match but no real emotion as to who wins or anything but an emptyness at sitting on the sidelines once again.

Enjoy every minute of it singhy while you can. :)

What would you lot know about that? Try spending yet another World Cup looking through the window and feeling nothing but a fleeting admiration for a great goal or a wonderfully close match but no real emotion as to who wins or anything but an emptyness at sitting on the sidelines once again.

Enjoy every minute of it singhy while you can. :)

Smokie if that was a dig a me can u not make them so veiled? Oops, just realised you were having a go a singer, please carry on :D

Ledley King had a relatively poor game which is a very rare thing, a point that wont be lost on Capello.

But regardless of that, despite having a poor game he will not be a weak link.

As for Carrick, where to begin....... :)

Ledley King had a relatively poor game which is a very rare thing, a point that wont be lost on Capello.

Aside from perhaps Ferdinand i think all our centre backs will be weak links against quick, nippy, clever, little forwards.

That is why i have never understood why we need to play 2 big centre halfs at international level as it is completely different from premiership football.

On saying that there is no mobile smallish centre half's in the premiership.

Aside from perhaps Ferdinand i think all our centre backs will be weak links against quick, nippy, clever, little forwards.

That is why i have never understood why we need to play 2 big centre halfs at international level as it is completely different from premiership football.

On the basis of what you are saying then, if fit, he should play Ferdinand and King as they are both considerably quicker than Terry

:D Lets have Darren Bent given a chance leading Englishman in the Prem he deserves his chance in front of Defoe,Heskey INHO

The fact that his name is even mentioned speaks volumes. Headless chicken. As a Tottenham supporter i suffered the misery of watching his performances. He will run around all day long but believe me, thats all that will happen :)

:D Lets have Darren Bent given a chance leading Englishman in the Prem he deserves his chance in front of Defoe,Heskey INHO

The fact that his name is even mentioned speaks volumes. Headless chicken. As a Tottenham supporter i suffered the misery of watching his performances. He will run around all day long but believe me, thats all that will happen :)

He also scored 25 Goals for a Team like Sunderland this Season, must be complete shit, yeah... :D

Edited by MSingh

Enjoy every minute of it singhy while you can. :D

Smokie if that was a dig a me can u not make them so veiled? Oops, just realised you were having a go a singer, please carry on :D

Wrong again James, on both counts... :)

You can take the Boy out of N America, but you can't take the......................:D

As for Carrick, where to begin....... :D

On the basis of what you are saying then, if fit, he should play Ferdinand and King as they are both considerably quicker than Terry

To be fair i think King has lost a fair amount of pace but i would take him to beat Terry in a Donkey Derby :) .

I'd love to see Darren Bent make the final England squad that goes to South Africa; however, despite his great season I think that I'd take Crouch, Defoe and Rooney ahead of Bent. Wouldn't bother taking Heskey at all. That leaves us a bit short for strikers, but would hope for goals from midfield if Defoe, Crouch or Rooney are injured/firing blanks.