Phuket: Patong To Get 'drunk Center'

george

....asked for more understanding from police officers when drunken Germans swore at them.

(maybe he should invite some thai police officers to the "Oktoberfest" to study the "drunken Germans" for a better

cultural understanding)

I t is still custom in many small german towns for the landlord to take your carkeys if you have had the odd beer or 10 too many and phone the local police who for a 20 euro donation will drive you and your car safely home, as far as a centre for drunks goes I thought it was the Australia Bar :)

Thai police are very friendly to drunks. Where else would a police officer help a drunk motorcyclist get on their motorbike, and even start it for them when they cannot find the ignition? ... as seen in Thailand... :)

German Honorary Consul Dirk Naumann asked for more understanding from police officers when drunken Germans swore at them.

"Vy are zer no fookin towelz on ze beach for us of ze master race you stupid, ignorant pig dreeses in ze brownsh*t shirt!! Vy are you not aware ve Gereman alvays take ze number one spot for our zunbathing and for ze drinking of our premium beer!" :)

I got so dam_n angry reading your stupid (joke?).

For your information, I'm a bloody Swede, not German. Are you still angry what happened 55 years ago?

Why isn't anyone ranting about americans who built the nuclear reactor in Iran 40 years ago or Australians who waited until 1974 before ending the practice to take away children from their abboriginal parents?

I get so damned tired hearing negative crap about Germans, or any other nationality, what happened that long ago.

They have paid their due and for your information, every German I know, and that's plenty, take a stand against what happened during WW2, I bet you the absolute majority of Germans do.

I am reacting because this has to stop, the generations after has nothing to do with what happened and should not have to pay for it anymore.

German Honorary Consul Dirk Naumann asked for more understanding from police officers when drunken Germans swore at them.

"Vy are zer no fookin towelz on ze beach for us of ze master race you stupid, ignorant pig dreeses in ze brownsh*t shirt!! Vy are you not aware ve Gereman alvays take ze number one spot for our zunbathing and for ze drinking of our premium beer!" :)

I got so dam_n angry reading your stupid (joke?).

For your information, I'm a bloody Swede, not German. Are you still angry what happened 55 years ago?

Why isn't anyone ranting about americans who built the nuclear reactor in Iran 40 years ago or Australians who waited until 1974 before ending the practice to take away children from their abboriginal parents?

I get so damned tired hearing negative crap about Germans, or any other nationality, what happened that long ago.

They have paid their due and for your information, every German I know, and that's plenty, take a stand against what happened during WW2, I bet you the absolute majority of Germans do.

I am reacting because this has to stop, the generations after has nothing to do with what happened and should not have to pay for it anymore.

Another "joke"? The thinnest book in the world? Swedish war heros! When it comes to mention the war, a swede ought to SHUT HIS F...MOUTH!

I think you will find mystery bkk that this service is not needed in the uk as there is a decent bus, rail and taxi service.

Phuket is not BKK the infrastructure here is appaling, too much greed and lack of investment.

I will expand on this. I won't say that there is no problem with drunk driving in Bangkok, but I do know that myself and my friends will not drive when we plan on imbibing the OH functional groups because there are affordable public transport services, including realistically priced taxis.

If Phuket is truly serious about cleaning up their drunk driving problem, they first must clean up the mafia which runs the local tuk tuk and motorcycle taxi queues.

Sadly, they are only interested in paying lip service to municipal responsibility. They do not have the moral fortitude to truly follow through on what needs to be done in order to get people to drink responsibly. Until they tackle the extortionist rates charged for transport in Phuket, I refuse to believe they are serious about stopping this offence.

You can take this prediction to the bank. Things will only get worse from here. All of this talk about cracking down on driving under the influence is just talk. Nobody really cares.