No Network Signal For Several Days In Pattaya

kola

Hello,

I don't think it's general otherwise I would have read about it, but for several days I don't have a network signal and I am unable to use my mobile phone.

I bought the sim card in march 2010 and it's been working fine. I recently added 300 bahts, so it's not a problem of credits. It's the network which is not available for maybe 3 to 4 days I'm not sure.

But I can't even check my balance (for sure there are credits) because there's no network signal.

So do you think it has to do with my sim card, was it limited in time?

It's a normal 123call bought in a 7/11 and credited by cards bought in 7/11 too.

Did it happen to you before? Thank you for your help in the matter.

1 to call network has be fine in Pattaya over the past few days.

I find it odd you can add credit but not check your balance something is definately is not right, I suggest to take the phone and sim into Telewiz in either Carrefour or Tukom.

Thank you for your answer. No I didn't try to add credit after I've realized I got no network, and I'm sure I can't and will receive the same no network message than when I want to check the balance. But I added credits maybe one or two days before I realized there was no more network. And I didn't call or use credits in between. So that's why I'm sure there are credits and it's not a matter of having no credits for too long and cancelling of the sim.

I didn't try to get help before because I thought it could be a temporary shutdown realted to the national curfew or even some local problems, it wouldn't have surprised me at all, but now I think I might be the only one experiencing that otherwise people would be talking about it and even in the online newspapers.

I'll go again to tukcom and will see if someone has a clue about the problem, cheers.

No unfortunately people I know have left and I'm on my own, with just one phone and one simcard, but yes it's possible I'll ask someone I don't know and see if it's a problem from my phone. Maybe I will do this simple test directly at tukcom phonebooths. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll eventually get around it, I simply wanted to see if it already happened to someone before, losing network for days with a 12call sim card bought at 7/11. But it was weird because each time I added credits the validity date was getting farer and farer and I think it was lately sometimes in 2011. :-)

Edited by kola

Please don't laugh at me I'm already enoughly ashamed.

I switched off the phone, turned it back on and it wrote no sim card.

Then I switched it off again opened it, removed and reinserted the sim, switched back on and it works fine now.

My only lame excuse is that I didn't have a mobile phone for 4 years prior to buying this one based on Windows Mobile when I came to Thailand. I know it's not a good excuse, since I know rebooting a PC usually fix bugs, but that's my only one :-)

Thank you Spoonman for trying to help me.

Edited by kola

Probably dirty SIM card connections or the phone just got totally confused/developed some corrupted settings...sh*t happens like this all to often...electronic gadgets can drive a person crazy sometimes.